Just getting in to HF. Should I build a simple mono band dipole first or try something more complex right off the bat...

Just getting in to HF. Should I build a simple mono band dipole first or try something more complex right off the bat. I don't have an antenna tuner or antenna analyzer.

can you explain HF band to me. I like SW

I've got a 40m OCF dipole. Works ok if you've got room to string it.

Depends what frequency you're going to use. Can't go wrong with a dipole.

basically you just take apart a microwave and get the useful bits and then use it to modulate the audio coming off of a microphone. Need big antenna.

you should be getting an antenna analyzer for large antennas with long lead lines.

Very much not this at all.

Same band more or less. 3 MHz to 30MHz.

I don't have a ton of room. I might have to get creative by folding it somehow.

How long is a long lead? I only have 4000 sq feet on my property.

Can someone explain why people are obsessed with having high powered radios?

Like what do you do with them?

What can a radio do that the internet can't?

A radio can do anything the internet can - except it doesn't require the internet's infrastructure.

it's an autistic hobby. that's the best explanation you're going to get.

You can run it as an inverted V but you still need a good bit of space, or you can do droopy ends. You might do better with a vertical if your space is limited.

OP here. You're not wrong.

you talk to people or send pictures

Fuck me. Is that for 80m? The ends would be like two houses down from me.

If you're just getting into it then your best bet is stick with what your HF set maker recommends until you learn more

Consider a G5RV or a G5RV jr, depending on available space. It's not perfect, but it will give you multi band operation, so you can operate day or night.

Thx. I'll check it out. 73

Thx. I'll check it out. 73

How do I start my own pirate reggae radio station

I think that's the 80m. Mine's about 50ft long sloped as I had to to make it fit on the property. 70 foot roughly straight out.

Plz do this for I and I.
On regular broadcast band? Like so people could pick it up in their cars?

yeah the message got to spread

Did you put a mast on the roof?