Been visiting Sup Forums for 3 weeks

Been visiting Sup Forums for 3 weeks.
May you explain why Sup Forumscore is basically albums that got praised by some guy on the internet?
Are you really that hive minded and don't have actual taste?
And why following someone's taste is considered being patrician? if we imagine that this terminology actually means something, then it's actually the most plebian thing to do.

if not bait, lurk more

because Sup Forums is the least intelligent board apart from Sup Forums and /r9k/

if bait, don't lurk no more

that's what collectively liked music is user. I mean, sure lots of people only get into it because some guy on the internet recommended it, but is that really wrong if they genuinely enjoy it? It's Sup Forums-core because it's popular, no one's forcing anyone to listen to them. You don't have to listen to any of it if you don't like it. And "patrician" is a meme word.

Reminder that neutral milk hotel is just a meme. The band is just a guy screaming, and it should not be taken seriously

>May you explain why Sup Forumscore is basically albums that got praised by some guy on the internet?

Some guy on the internet? These are very popular albums outside of Sup Forums, among many critics and music fans.

Define 'meme', friend.

If there was no praise from outside those albums wouldn't be collectively liked on here.
This is one of the most pathetic boards on Sup Forums.

Sup Forums core is just a collection of great albums (most people will admit that at least most of them are good on this board) that cover a wide range of genres and so are a good way to get into listening to more music

I take it you have never visited Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums?

Sup Forumscore is the introduction to different genres through what some people consider to be the best of each genre. Look how many genres are in your chart, at least 15? You listen to those, expose yourself to the genres you may not have listened to otherwise and then you go find more of what you like. These albums are stepping stones, not the endgame. Reading classic books isn't frowned upon, and listening to influential albums shouldn't be either

American Football is the only one that doesn't belong there.

Even these boards are more intelligent than Sup Forums.

"Getting" or pretending to "get" some sounds doesn't make you smarter, music doesn't make you smarter.

Get out of here while you still can
Seriously

so what's your point? Where else do you expect people to find music if not by recommendations and reviews? This is a retarded criticism. How do you think ideas are spread in the first place? That's right - memes. And these are the biggest memes of all

Those are all very good albums. They are considered Sup Forums-core just because they are/were discussed a lot on this board. But basically, it's just a list of very good albums, not albums that got "praised by some guy" (also, whom are you talking about? Fantano? Scaruffi? Pitchfork? Christgau? NME? Rolling Stone? there are thousands of critics). The guy you are talking about probably also liked them because they are very good albums. There's nothing mysterious about this, why are you making such a big deal out of it?

So yeah, we like them because they are good, not because some random guy liked them. I really don't see what's bothering you? Why doesn't somebody "actually have taste" if they like those albums? It doesn't mean these are the only albums we listen to, they were mostly albums we listened to a lot when we just came to this board and then moved onto other albums.

nah, Sup Forums is 95% capeshit, cuckthreads and CIA
the worst board after /b9k/

He's right though. You should fuck off.

why is Sup Forumscore just a collection of critically accepted cult classic albums? And whats wrong with liking any of it. I liked almost all of these albums before I found Sup Forums.

>"Getting" or pretending to "get" some sounds doesn't make you smarter, music doesn't make you smarter.

And who said that it DOES make you smarter? People listen to music for enjoyment, not for scientific endeavors. Prick.

Nobody really enjoys them, we just pretend to do it because it's the indiest of indie

>Remain in Light
>Hosianna Mantra
>Hospice
Not Sup Forumscore anymore.

15 brands of anglo rock and derivations lmao.. Such a wide scope.
Also, literary classics stood the test of time for centuries (in a medium far more saturated than music) while those albums had to be popular for what, 60, 70 years.

>so what's your point?
My point is that if there was no praise from outside those albums wouldn't be collectively liked on here.
This is one of the most pathetic boards on Sup Forums.

>Where else do you expect people to find music if not by recommendations and reviews?
There's nothing wrong to do so, it's just retarded to talk about the same bunch of albums on daily basis.

There is a plenty of websites to discover music. Sup Forums is one of them however it's not the best of them.

>And why following someone's taste is considered being patrician?
the complete opposite is the case. literally Sup Forums will shit on you if all your taste is just Sup Forums-core.

Sup Forums-core are popular critically acclaimed albums that can introduce you to new genres and explore further.

it's already obvious that you're new. keep lurking.

uhhhh yeah because that's how people learn about the albums, you dumbass. And it's mostly memes nowadays. We moved on, why can't you?

baka this is bait for sure, we've explained this three times

oh just fucking grow up already

>we like them because they are good, not because some random guy liked them
Not really, they might be good or even great, but you like them because someone else told you they're good. It's easy to fit in, you won't even notice when you start thinking that it's your taste, you just need to believe it's actually as great as someone said.

>that cover a wide range of genres
>19 pop/rock albums
>4 hip hop albums
>2 "electronic" albums
Very diverse.

>pop/rock, hip hop and electronic

the only three ways of describing music, folks. Clearly this man is a towering intellectual. Once you've listened to one pop/rock album you've listened to them all!

Nice argument user. Please refrain from replying to me again.

The fact how you "Sup Forumstants" are easily offended by such posts just proves how generally unintelligent this board is.
Some of you even assumed it was a bait or something. Pathetic.
Sup Forums truly is one of the least intelligent boards on Sup Forums.

>muh 8000 rock subgenres
I suppose you don't need to listen to any metal, jazz, classical, etc.?
Not as if there are generals for those that get several hundred replies on here.

grow up

I'll explain Sup Forums core to you, even tho this might be bait.

Sup Forums core consists of albums which are really, really critically acclaimed (most of the time), and that resonate well with the desilusioned urban, not really social, male young adult. Which is Sup Forums's user-base. It also has a slight focus on music that you can feel superior for liking, and, albums that have cult like qualities or status.

If you actually ask individual Sup Forumstants, most of us will have 1, maybe 2 /mu-core albums at our top 10 lists. There's probably not a single person in here, who's top 10 favourite albums are exclusively mu-core. But that's how collective charts work.

Sup Forumscore are albums that are significant to our board and culture, the albums generally get discussed a lot. also that chart sucks.

half of the bottom albums are memes stupid people believed were good

You're wrong

>Bundling Ys and american football together
hmmmm

Elaborate?

You are wrong.

It's no more crazy than bundling Bach and Stravinsky together. Broad terms for a broad conversation.

welcome to Sup Forumscore

If an album is a meme it doesn't mean that it's bad.

Oh man watch out guys, he just namedropped two guys who were in Fantasia.
Got a real classical music buff here.

But what is the definition of a 'meme'? People just throw the word left and right without any context of it.

I'm sorry. I didn't think we were comparing power levels in this conversation about the most discussed albums on Sup Forums.

A meme is something of memetic quality

How so? Apart from the fact that they're both in English and written from an American perspective.
I'm honestly curious, I'm trying to think of similarities but they're not there.

Oh please, you have no powerlevel.

Underrated post

Yeah, and as I said, there's very few styalistic similarities between Bach and Stravinsky.
They both came out of the same tradition though. You can trace roots and influence from Joanna Newsom and American Football back to similar rock/pop artists in the 50s and 60s, same way you could trace influences for Stravinsky and Schoenberg back to common ancestors.
And you're a doo doo head!

grow up kid

Being derived from the same source =/= similar. Not even close. Sonically, instrumentally, thematically they are very dissimilar. Trying to group them together makes your group so big and blurry that it is completely useless

>Being derived from the same source =/= similar. Not even close. Sonically, instrumentally, thematically they are very dissimilar.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I said that twice now.
>Trying to group them together makes your group so big and blurry that it is completely useless
Well that's not really true. Using ridiculously big nets, I could list other ridiculously big nets that there is nothing from whatsoever which shows a serious lack of diversity in the selections.

Since when is Hosianna Mantra Sup Forumscore for fuck sake.

Are y'all holy avant-teens cunts going to corrupt every single piece of relevant music and turning it into a plebfest for 16yo to brandish on their tumblr ?

FUCK YOU MU

let me reply to what I genuinely believe isn't a troll thread. just a antagonistic bait thread in search of actual argument for justification.

>33 year oldfag
>the entire world of music was a complete jigsaw puzzle of different people turning you on to what they were into and no real way to verify if they were wasting your time or not
>cant look up stuff on youtube, cant use the internet to discover new bands, just subject to whatever music zines youre lucky enough to find outside of rolling stone
>scrutiny doesn't come until you've wasted time tracking down an album to listen to and if youre lucky borrowed a hard copy of whatever album

but fuck at least it left people humble. going to shows without knowing what to expect.
this whole thing is not even entitlement. its just desensitization from being overwhelmed with access to plenty of great music.

tl;dr Sup Forums core is solid. its a general consensus of standout albums in different fields and I havent found one that I've disliked. relax nigga they are there for a reason.

Sup Forumscore is just the most spammed albums, mostly championed originally by p4k and/or Twatano

Are you stupid

>but-but you only discovered them because they keep getting posted here!!

Forgot this masterpiece

>Sup Forums
>intelligent

pick one

he already implied that they were retards

>If i don't like it people must be pretending

This is the most retarded thing Sup Forums visitors suggest.

Kanye is old Sup Forumscore faggot

The reason they're Sup Forumscore is because they're collectively liked here and a number of them have been posted on the board regularly for about 8 years now despite a largely transient userbase.

I agree with you. Im just saying the process is streamlined and efficient now comparatively