I think this show is hilarious. Tell me why it sucks

I think this show is hilarious. Tell me why it sucks.

ITS

>emotional arguments instead of fact based arguments
>current year

Because he does not share my specific political views

It is legitimately too preachy to be funny. There's room for politics in comedy, but it's common courtesy to take shots at both sides of the field.

It's just comedy though lol...

Yeah this

It's great for presenting a very thorough view of 90% of the information that supports their narrative, while ignoring the absolutely critical 10% of information which goes against it.

As an example they criticized Trump for using the Orlando shooter as an example of why we need less muslim immigration. They say, roughly, "That's dumb because this kid was born in America." Which is true, and 90% of the story. The 10% they fail to mention is that his father and mother were both muslim immigrants.

It's little shit like that. Shit you know their research team saw and deliberately chose to not mention because it ran contrary to their narrative.

oh my sweet summer child...

Oliver will always be known as "that British guy from the daily show." He can never outlive that stigma unlike Colbert/Cordry/Carrell could by developing his own style. He will forever be known by yelling "CMON PEOPLE" and acting like Daily Show lite.

Stewart was way better and way more nuanced with his humor.

because it's 2016...

Because it is no longer 2015.

If you don't get all autistic about it it's not bad light entertainment, some stories are definitely bias just be aware.

Don't want to hear a brit talking about American politics.

Because the humour is just Family-Guy-cutaway-nonsequitur tier and IF I SHOUT THAT MAKES THE JOKE FUNNIER

>"Donald Trump shouldn't be president for the same reason a drunken squirrel (shows picture of a squirrel surrounded by bottles of vodka in the seat of a car) shouldn't drive a car - both don't know what they're doing, and they'll look stupid doing it. I KNOW YOU'RE CUTE MR SQUIRREL, BUT YOU'VE BEEN KNOCKING THOSE BOTTLES BACK LIKE MEL GIBSON ON A 'SOBER TUESDAY'."

I honestly have no idea if that's an actual "joke" from him or not because that's how terrible he truly is.

>we should block immigrants to stop their children's terrorist attacks
yeah he didn't bring that up because that's a fucking retarded argument. By that logic the government can discriminate or arrest anyone for something they haven't done, so long as they can claim a chance that in the future they might indirectly contribute to something.

I thought conservatives were supposed to be about individual freedom and choice, not judging one person based on far-fetched possibilities

It doesn't conform to my circlejerk.

>mixing comedy and politics

>yeah he didn't bring that up because that's a fucking retarded argument
Why?

It's well known that second-generation immigrants are by far the most likely to become radicals

It's certainly an issue that needs addressing at the very least

yeah, address it by figuring out why they become radicalised and what steps can be taken to reduce it
don't promote a blanket ban on innocent people just in case 30 years later their shitty kid snaps

>At the height of ISIS bs and Germany's failed immigration Trump recommends a temp. muslim ban

BUT IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR! THAT'S ISLAMAPHOBIA!

HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS IN THE CURRENT YEAR!??!

political comedy is cancer. they attack people and turn them in to jokes so they don't have to use facts or reason to explain their perspective. it's a farce and probably the reason why leftist these days shout "bigot" and "racist" at anyone who disagrees with them because john stewart taught them that's how you handle these things.

not to mention all the clips they use are chopped and/or taken out of context.

I love when anons post like this. It's such a great indicator that I should just ignore whatever stupid shit they're posing.

>I have no argument against the fact that it's unconstitutional
>I'll just keep saying CURRENT YEAR because it's easier to meme than actually defend my positions
It's funny that Sup Forums shits on Jon Stewart and John Oliver for hiding behind comedy as a cheap tactic to avoid criticism when it's basically all Sup Forums does when they have to think

it's a meme you nerd

It's a meme only used by fucking retards.

Its okay. He always drags every joke on just a little further than he should though which kind of ruins it. Plus him desperately trying to get Trump to notice him and his one sided rivalry always brings the whole show to a complete fucking standstill.

It's mental masterbation for virtue-signaling dipshits that can't be bothered with an original opinion.

Thinly-veiled liberal propaganda and whenever called out for it they hide behind "it's just comedy".

YOU DON'T WANT TO BUILD THOSE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS MOSQUES?
FUCK YOU THEN YOU INTOLERANT BIGOT

It doesn't suck, and the episodes he has that aren't based on something like racism are generally very informative. The one on asset forfeiture for example.

>OMG STOP HAVING ARGUMENTS I CAN'T RETORT TO!!!

sounds like youre bad because you can't be taken seriously when you use "the current year" as an argument

LIKE COME ON PEOPLE IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR AND YOU STILL DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT 10 MILLION SYRIAN REFUGEES IN TO YOUR REGION?

Thanks for proving my point.

or maybe it's just lazy strawmanning because Sup Forums can't even argue with a D-list comedian without having to put words in his mouth

because he genuinely believes in the wage gap myth

THE

I think the show is fine when it talks about nonpartisan stuff. Like our infrastructure problem, or the sleaziness of the tobacco industry, or debt collectors. Things people regardless of politics can understand is a problem.

>Oliver will always be known as "that British guy from the daily show."

He outright said that, albeit somewhat joking in an episode saying he will "never leave the inescapable shadow of Jon Stewart"

who said i'm arguing with the guy, i refuse to watch the show because he's full of shit. he's a fucking bafoon

FINAL

Maybe because what you're proposing is fucking thoughtcrime.

But user that argument only applies to things I agree with.

Bill Maher has done it for 30 years and frankly Sup Forums doesn't give a shit there outside of the fact that he's monologues suck.

He's a good talkshow and roundtable discussion host, but outside of New Rules (which he generally doesn't write), his actual comedy sucks.

Bill Maher is the worst of all actually.

Bill Maher is a stupid pompous prick though.

Why, because he supports Israel? No shit he's Jewish, of course he does. It would be suspicious if he didn't.

>Waaah it's hateful
Buddy what do the words temporary mean, please tell me.

He requested to sort shit out first before we potentially invite terrorists on a red carpet.

So potentially save thousands of lives and be deemed a racist "thought crime" user

Or let everyone in on a red carpet like we have and just deal with the bloodshed afterwards

COUNTDOWN

I don't blame him for that one. He's the worst offender in my eyes for turning serious things in to jokes and being completely dismissive to people who don't agree with him. He isn't even funny.

>He requested to sort shit out first before we potentially invite terrorists on a red carpet.

Yes, and that's acceptable, but quite frankly for a lot of people that's not enough and they want to take on Israel-level measures to keep people out purely based on "just in case" and not evidence.

And it has nothing to do with hate. If you have reason to suspect someone who hasn't done anything but you just THINK they will, then YES that is thoughtcrime. I'd rather have blood on my hands then live in a state where you can be arrested just because they THINK you may do something without evidence. And yes, I know if the specific Florida case, there was sufficient evidence to nab him beforehand, but he is not representative of everyone. This shit doesn't stop at sandniggers, if you give the government an inch they'll extend it to everyone, and then we're living in a police state.

Spouts popular bullshit and wants to rid the world of white penis. Only in it for the money and cultural marxism. I hope someone stabs him in the dick.

>it's well known that second-generation immigrants are by far the most likely to become radicals.

Yeah, and no true scotsman would make an argument as dumb as yours.

His father attempted to be president of Pakistan. A country with highly fundamentalist laws that conflict with western society.

It's not even a matter of immigrants. It's a matter of Islam. The religion doesn't fit. You can't be pro womens' rights and pro gay rights and also pro Islam. It categorically makes no sense.

The Orlando shooter was a prime example of the incompatibilities of Islam.
>child is raised by parents that refused to integrate into society
>child grows up only knowing the Koran.
>child realizes he's gay
>grows to hate himself and others
>goes on wild killing spree

There is nothing wrong with suggesting an a ban on Muslims.
Liberals seems to have this notion that Muslims are either terrorists are perfectly adjusted people that can integrate into western society. There are plenty of Muslims who aren't terrorists that want to make woman property and to flay the gays. And those Muslims aren't the minority.

You take those types of people, bring them into our democratic country with their absurd birthrate and in a few generations they are calling the shots. And it's not mere speculation. Take a look at the cities in Michigan that have majority Islamic populations. Pseudo Shria Law juxtaposed upon everyone in those areas.

>Take a look at the cities in Michigan that have majority Islamic populations.

Not him but just saying, the Nation of Islam did not come from the Middle East. Its race-based narrative and speaking of the White Devil is actually counter to Islam wanting to make everyone muslim, even if by force. NoI basically wants segregation to come back so that they aren't around white people anymore.

>yeah, address it by figuring out why they become radicalised and what steps can be taken to reduce it

The cause was 100% Islam, so are you saying we should reduce it by banning Islam?

toothless liberal comedy that literally uses [CURRENT YEAR] arguments that devolve into eye-roll worthy emotional appeals for calm, understanding and correct think only

>goes on wild killing spree

You realize he's mentally ill, right? 100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings. There aren't. If he was part of a violent mob like muslims tend to do, that would be something else, people are much more suspectible to do something in a group that they'd never do individually. But he did this anyway by himself even when apparently his parents tried to talk him out of it.

That's pretty damn good.

Fine job, mister.

Have a you.

>NoI basically wants segregation to come back so that they aren't around white people anymore.

Which is a bad thing. If you stick to your cultural clique when you come to a new land, you'll never embrace the culture and integrate into society.

It was the same thing at Purdue University. There are so many Asians and Asian TAs, they never make a real attempt to refine their English or learn to work with others because they flat out don't have to.

You should try to get on his writing staff because you nail his yelling le random joke style perfectly

>You realize he's mentally ill, right?

According to whom and according to what?

>But he did this anyway by himself even when apparently his parents tried to talk him out of it.
Yeah right. I find it really telling that so many people apparently knew he was thinking about doing it yet none of them did anything to stop it or warn anyone. Makes you really wonder if they actually cared about their gay friend/family member along with the lives of innocents.

They probably figured two birds, one stone.

if it were Islam why is it just 2nd generation and not the 1st generation Muslims?

should we ban Sup Forumstards and conservative Christians too then? I mean if we're just looking at ideologies that are highly fundamentalist with an anti-women, anti-gay, and anti-western culture?

>Take a look at the cities in Michigan that have majority Islamic populations. Pseudo Shria Law juxtaposed upon everyone in those areas.
yeah, it's terrifying how those places ban women from schools, force headscarves by law, stone adulterers, and execute non-Muslims on the spot. Oh wait none of that actually happens

>According to whom and according to what?

Explain to me how someone who decides to shoot up a bunch of people, is not fucked up in the head. People who didn't do anything to wrong him, people he didn't even know. At least the Supreme Gentlemen killed people he knew because he never got pussy.

>Yeah right. I find it really telling that so many people apparently knew he was thinking about doing it yet none of them did anything to stop it or warn anyone.
Speaking as someone who an addict brother, you don't say anything to the authorities out of fear that he'll kill you in your sleep.

>it's OK to ignore the Constitution and ban a group of people for something they didn't even do, so long as it's temporary
>you see illegal and unethical things are fine as long as they're temporary

It's a retarded solution anyway. If a terrorist really wants to blow up Americans and is ready to give his life to do it, you think he's not just going to lie at the border? You think he's not just going to say "oh yeah, I'm totally a Syrian Christian, praise Jesus, please let me into your country"

>if it were Islam why is it just 2nd generation and not the 1st generation Muslims?

It's both. And his parents are just as guilty for corrupting him.

>eah, it's terrifying how those places ban women from schools, force headscarves by law, stone adulterers, and execute non-Muslims on the spot. Oh wait none of that actually happens

The goal of Islam is to dominate. It says so in the Koran itself. You don't dominate by making outlandish demands when you're few in number. You start small and escalate the situation the greater your numbers get. Just look at how the situations have gotten in Germany, Britain, and France.

American Muslims are completely docile since they make up less than 1% of our population. Meanwhile, in Britain you have full on Shria law ghettos that the police refuse to touch.

That's the process.

>should we ban Sup Forumstards and conservative Christians too then?
Oh please. Comparing the ban of gay marriage to throwing them off of buildings is apples and oranges.

because the "it was mental illness" meme only applies when it's white people
After the Dylan Roof thing or Sandy Hill, any idea that a cultural cause like being rabidly pro-gun or a racist was completely wrong, it was 100% an issue of mental health. But now when brown people kill someone? Definitely culture, 100% culture

The constitution only applies to U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. If a muslim is outside the country attempting to get in, you better believe it's not unconstitutional to prohibit entry.

Not to mention the fact that congress has almost full autonomy on immigration, so it's a matter of national security.

>. If a terrorist really wants to blow up Americans and is ready to give his life to do it, you think he's not just going to lie at the border? You think he's not just going to say "oh yeah, I'm totally a Syrian Christian, praise Jesus, please let me into your country"

What are background checks?

By that metric you could chalk up EVERY mass shooter as mentally ill, because by definition no sane person would do something like that.

You have to define clear causes for these motives, which you absolutely can in this instance.

Your existence is acknowledged

>if it were Islam why is it just 2nd generation and not the 1st generation Muslims?
>it's only a little cancer! What could go wrong if we don't remove it?

Just one more month of summer left...

the goal of every religion is to dominate. Have you read the Bible? Did you miss out on the centuries of European colonisation that was justified by bringing God to the natives?
I mean just look up Deuteronomy 13. That whole section of the Bible is saying if you find a city where there's unbelievers, kill everyone, burn everything, and salt the land so no one can ever live there again.

>Meanwhile, in Britain you have full on Shria law ghettos that the police refuse to touch.
except that's not true. Maybe you shouldn't get your news from the Daily Mail

The constitution only applies to American citizens in this country dickhead. A foreigner born on foreign soil and living on foreign soil has no protections of the US constitution.

Immigration to any country is a privilege not a right. Especially in light of the disastrous effects of open borders like we've seen in Europe and increasingly along the United States border.

Also, it's perfectly legal. Obama has done it five times during his presidency and Jimmy Carter did it during the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

In short, neck yourself.

>Sandy Hook
Someone shooting children. What possible motive or political message could come with this?

>Orlando
Self-hating gay muslim shooting other gays

>Texas
Self proclaimed racist.

You have to call each instance out in a case by case basis. Yes, some whites kill in the name of Christianity. Those are far and few between.

I mean attacking have we had by muslims doing things in the name of Islam have we had in this year alone?

This. I used to be a fan and I felt that 3 out of 4 of his shows were spot-on or very close to the facts, but it's that 1 out of 4 that is preachy mess that starts off with his personal political views (which is okay to an extent) but by the end of the time span has stacked up to his just being a mere liberal puppet yapping at the camera.

>I mean just look up Deuteronomy 13.
You quote the old testament. You're reaching.

> Did you miss out on the centuries of European colonisation that was justified by bringing God to the natives?
Yeah, and we don't do that anymore now do we? Everyone prior to the 20th century was full on imperialism. Should we just give Islam a pass because of the action of our ancestors?

>except that's not true. Maybe you shouldn't get your news from the Daily Mail
It 100% is, where have you been. There is a reason Britain decided to shock the world and leave the EU.

>American Muslims are completely docile since they make up less than 1% of our population. Meanwhile, in Britain you have full on Shria law ghettos that the police refuse to touch.

That's because Europe makes them live in ghettos because they won't force them to integrate. Muslims are made to either live like we do in this country, or get the fuck out. The Nation of Islam is an American-created form of Islam for blacks only, and they outright say it's blacks only.

Most people who are rabidly pro-gun don't shoot a bunch of people. We know that because of statistics on crime in the most heavily-armed states.

Most racists don't go shoot a bunch of people, they just act racist. Even in the days of lynching they did it as a crowd, because you can't try a crowd for murder.

The reality is that we have a genuinely serious mental health problem in this country. Do you know how many people we had institutionalized in the 60s? Half a million. Now? 25,000. The reason is because after One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, we were convinced that those people were just eccentric and different, they didn't have something wrong with them that required hospitalization. But these people DO need to be hospitalized, and this is one of the few things the government should take charge of. John Locke, THE guy behind small government, understood it was their job because as he said, the government is there to take care of those who can't take care of themselves.

>By that metric you could chalk up EVERY mass shooter as mentally ill, because by definition no sane person would do something like that.

I think you meant to quote someone else. Fear of them hurting you for saying something is a perfectly good reason to stay quiet. Regardless, no matter how much a kid is bullied, no one takes his side when he comes to school and blows away half the class. No one ever does.

>Before Christ

Christians don't go on mass killings in the name of god.

Holy fuck is that you John?
I know you don't write your own material, but fucking hell I can hear him saying that.

>Muslims are made to either live like we do in this country, or get the fuck out.

Hardly. The PC culture does everything it can to bend itself backwards for anyone but white, straight males.

They loved doing it before they weren't able to get away with it anymore.

>What are background checks?
You believe Islam, a fictional concept, is capable of indoctrinating millions of people at will to commit atrocities but you don't think a Muslim terrorist could easily pretend to be a decent person, seemingly removed from that environment, in order to achieve his goals?

>because Sup Forums can't even argue with a D-list comedian
> because Sup Forums
Wow I just fucking left Sup Forums and here it comes again!

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

>Hardly. The PC culture does everything it can to bend itself backwards for anyone but white, straight males.

Then maybe you should leave California and see how the rest of the country treats the way immigrants should live. When they're in our country they live under our rules, that's why people who commit honor killings here go to jail when they don't in the Middle East, because we don't accept that.

oh hey, a Sup Forumstard with a complete lack of reading comprehension. What a surprise.

The point I'm making is that if Islam is the main cause for terrorism in the US, why is it only 2nd generation Muslims and not 1st generation? There's even more 1st generation Muslim immigrants than 2nd generation yet I can't name a single terrorist act committed by them.
Boston bombers were 2nd generation. Orlando was 2nd generation. San Bernadino was 2nd generation. Fort Hood was 2nd generation.

Stopping Muslims from entering the US would do nothing. 2nd generation Muslims would continue to commit attacks, and you can't make a blanket ban on them without completely dismantling the Constitution.

>this thread

when its not about politic its funny and can be really informative
for example his episode on nuclear silos or how the us territories that arent states have barely any shit in term of healthcare ect

he has legitimately used "it's 2016!" as a buttress for his arguments you absolute moron, the meme didn't just appear out of the fucking aether or something

>Some people will manage to squeak through the cracks
>I guess we should just give up entirely in stopping them

It worked when Obama did it in 2011. Full on travel bans on the entire region.

>weren't able to get away with it

You're implying that there's a bunch of Christians just waiting to slaughter a bunch of people rather than just ceasing to act like low IQ niggers and live in a civilized manner. Islam is Christianity from a long long time ago lol

>for example his episode on nuclear silos or how the us territories that arent states have barely any shit in term of healthcare ect

In fairness, as fucked up as that is, it is pretty spelled out in writing that that's how territories work. If anything it just says we should rewrite that, or at least give them the ability to vote when so many of them serve in the military.

>Islam is Christianity from a long long time ago lol

You're right, it is, and you know why? Because we got it out of our system with the bloodbath known as the Reformation (and the Renaissance to a lesser extent).

Islam is a much younger religion that Christianity, you can't expect them to have modern religious teachings when they're about 700 years younger as a religion. They need time to catch up. Thankfully, 99% of the people killed by muslims are other muslims.

>When they're in our country they live under our rules

And yet we have droves of illegals leeching from us, we give blacks a pass on every single thing they do (these aren't immigrants but it shows the mentality), and we're so cucked we say happy holidays.

100% integration at its finest.

>Christians don't follow the old testament
I love this meme, too bad it's wrong

>Yeah, and we don't do that anymore now do we? Everyone prior to the 20th century was full on imperialism. Should we just give Islam a pass because of the action of our ancestors?
my point is that religion is always used as an excuse for killing others when it's convenient. It has nothing to do with the actual commandments of the religion itself. 2000 years ago Christians interpreted their religion as 100% pacifist and never attacked anyone. 1000 years ago Christians interpreted their religion as a perfect excuse to kill, torture, and invade infidels. And today we're back to not using it as often as a reasoning for violence. The text of the Bible has barely changed in that time, the only thing that's changed is the culture and the interpretation. That's why it's so retarded to claim that Islam is "fundamentally incompatible" with peaceful society, because every religion can interpret its teaching however they choose.

>It 100% is, where have you been. There is a reason Britain decided to shock the world and leave the EU.
that's the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard. The supposed British shariah zones are Pakistani immigrants. Leaving the EU has no impact on that because it's immigration from the Commonwealth. There's been barely any impact from EU immigration policy in Britain because it was so recent, definitely not enough to allow ghettos to form

>>Some people will manage to squeak through the cracks
Yes, that is the argument I'm making.
>>I guess we should just give up entirely in stopping them
Yeah, that might be a bad idea, and I can see why you're rejecting it. It's too bad I never said it. Sucks not being able to use your pre-planned responses, huh?

>Stopping Muslims from entering the US would do nothing. 2nd generation Muslims would continue to commit attacks

>stop muslims from entering
>their kids (2nd generation muslims) won't be in the U.S. to commit acts of terror

But since we can't stop all the acts of terror, you're saying we should just say "fuck it" and not try to prevent any.

That's the same argument Oliver used in one of his shows for the wall.
>Well, WHAT ABOUT THE MEXICANS ALREADY HERE?!

Liberals always seem to deal in absolutes.

>we give blacks a pass on every single thing they do
you really do live in a fantasy world, don't you?

>and we're so cucked we say happy holidays.
oh never mind, you're a retard who gets triggered by tiny bullshit. explains a lot

What I don't understand is what these people provide in comparison to all the money they funnel.
People say that the terrorism and crime is just a product of integration pains, but why are they worth even bringing them in? What does 6 years of grade school education, child molesting Mehmet provide for my country?