Does your cunt have heritage?

Most "heritage" in Japan are fake imitation buildings made from concrete.

Most castles in Japan are made from concrete and so are most temples. Even then it's only the castle turrets that's "rebuilt". 90% of the castle is still not built.

Sometimes I wish the government worked to preserve more buildings in Meiji era.

It really piss me off when I go see old famous temple or castle and it's all fake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xF5gxFGedWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you shouldn't because you are seeking the void of an authenticity that doesn't exist

1 they were almost entirely destroyed by allied bombing and removed later to purify the country of ethno-nationalism and for urban development

2 rebuilding the castles with the original material is labor consuming and expensive not to mention damaging to the surrounding since it needs mountain stones

3 having an imitation means they still cares about it and not having the same material does not change their cultural significance in the past because obviously modernity doesn't need castles

so your pissiness like a whining faggot is misplaced

rethink your priorities

Weren't many of those heritage buildings damaged or destroyed from war? It's not like they had a choice then. Or are you unhappy about the government restoring heritage buildings with modern construction techniques?

I hate it because every castle I go to is an identical concrete museum inside.

My city is currently working on rebuilding the palace portion of our castle that burnt down in WW3. Using traditional Craftsmen, tools, etc (pic related)

I visited the inside when It was mostly finished and it was BEAUTIFUL

I'm glad my tax money is used for good :)

well, stop having earthquakes then, it degrades your building with the force of a thousand suns

there's this project in Guédelon to build a medieval castle using only building technics of this era

they're funding it with donations and tourism

>burnt down in WW3.
did you win this time?

Was it a real castle?

Super cool desu

Apparently they kicked our asses so bad this time they reversed the effects from the nukes and went back to being normal.

nah, they're building it from scratch

youtube.com/watch?v=xF5gxFGedWo

>Does your country have heritage?
Yes it does have a unique heritage that reaches back far over a thousand years and can still be seen by many well-preserved authentic cultural sites, artifacts and traditions.

We do. Quite a few old castles here and there. Not too many from pre-great power days though. Medieval swedes rarely built things out of stone; we had an abundance of lumber so that's what most things were built of. We went through a very fast modernisation around the early 20th century which means a lot of old wooden buildings that might've been considered cultural treasures today were lost.

>E

>t

Holy shit what the fuck is that

FYI: Hitler became Führer in 1933 not in 1935 an modern Germany was found on 23. may 1949 and not in 1950.

Fontenay Abbey

Vézelay Basilica

Our medieval castles are very well preserved due to being state owned and not the fiefs of private lords.

Too bad they uniformly look like shit due to our backwardsness in those times.

Is this some ameriblubber muh heritage gone overboard completely?

A stupid elevator attached to my local castle

Ruins the entire view

i watched a documentary on this and it seems interesting as heck desu

That's because we bombed the fuck out of it and destroyed it
The same could be said for Germany, France, Austria, Italy, and London

hagia sophia was built in 2 years with like 200k laborers.

Hey, at least you country has "heritage" buildings

Search Results
Under the rule of Justinian the Emperor, and with a force of 10,000 workers, the dome atop the church of Hagia Sophia was built in record time: it took just five years, ten months, and four days to complete.

whoops 10,000 and 5 years.

Why quotations?
What ancestors did matters, if what my ancestors did didn't matter I would not be alive.

>le zainichi.jpeg

>Why quotations?
Because OP used quotations

arent turf house considered as hertiage over there though?

>does your country have a heritage?
Heh, it depends. My city has a tip-top original Royal Castle. It is surrounded by ugly 18th century then-modern walls, its old walls were mostly dismantled to build barracks for Austrian soldiers and one of its towers already collapsed with age, but yes, I can't say we don't have a heritage.

Also, most of city walls had been dismantled in 19th century and replaced with a park simply because some kind of favela was growing there and you can imagine the stink rising from the moat.

On the other hand, Warsaw has a nice and completely false Royal Castle razed to the ground by colleagues of . The Warsawers rebuilt it basing its plans and look on some paintings and fucking postcards.

Isn't rebuilding the shrines part of the tradition? It's good that they still know what they're doing. I remember watching a Begin Japanology episode about a town with thatched roofs that they still preserve.

You are right, and I feel embarrassed when a burger gets this and the myopic Japanese OP doesn't.
Keep rebuilding every old architecture with original material and construction methods simply doesn't pay off in this earthquake ridden country. The quintessence of Japanese heritage, if any, would be more of the resilient, flexible and hard working culture cultivated by frequent natural disasters than physical things.

The priorities are having a culture, heritage, and development of these.

There aren't many old buildings in Chile.

Actually, it's kind of amazing to think that your house is probably the first building ever to ever been built on the land it uses.

>no ghosts

Wow Kaneda, that thing attached to the ancient building looks like shit, sorry 4 u

I think they're mostly rebuilding Dresden finally.

We have some castles from swedish era and then lot of old stuff from Grand duchy Era. Most of the extremely pompous and flamboyant stuff was built in the 19th century.

Fort St.Augustine

>forgot pic

My city was founded in 1519, which is very early for a city in the pacific coast of the Americas.

the alamo, most of its gone now

mount rushmore

Montezuma Castle

This one looks like a piece of shit, but it got the job done.

??

Panama has ancient shit?

spanish built?

yeah, see

you gotta be fucking kidding me
they really attached that monstrosity in there? way to ruin an ancient landmark

Local shrines and ancient cities aside there is A famosa, the oldest Yurop structure in SEA. Supposed to be a large Portugese fortress but the descendants of the overthrown Sultan made a new kingdom and went jihad+Deus Vult with the Dutch to gangbang Portugal, razed down their stuff and purged the Portugese bloodlines.
Few centuries later Bongs razed it again until only the entry is left.

im pretty sure it's a modern recreation, as OP is complaining about, not "ancient". Actually those palace/summer house things wouldn't be ancient anyway.