What video game do you think should be adapted into a movie, Sup Forums?

What video game do you think should be adapted into a movie, Sup Forums?

Personally, I think Dead Space has an incredibly cool setting. If it was handled well it could be a better sci-fi horror than Alien or The Thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU
twitter.com/thehorrormaster/status/617374199917604864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jak & Daxter

I'm an old and I hate Sup Forums, but I always thought there was real meat to this universe. Also it was just fun, even with all the Mad Max sequels.

The sequels ruined such a wonderful, lighthearted experience.

2 is shit for this reason, but 3 at least attempted to get back to the feeling of 1 a little bit.

Also Ratchet and Clank>Jak and Daxter

Give this to Sam raimi

True. R&C sucked though. The open worlds of J&D were the best. The only things Insomniac will be remembered for are the crazy gun mechanics.

The only redeemable features that would do well in an adaptation is zombies and space.

The rest wouldn't translate over well.

The games can't even decide what they want to do with the markers. Each installment has them do something different.

Don't do installments.

Just stick with 1, where the marker is some lovecraftian mind fuck and a space cult on a mining ship. The set pieces and characters could translate over very well. And an engineer dismembering monsters with tools is a great idea for any medium.

Translating a videogame into a movie is not a good idea.

The warcraft movie (despite not being successfull at all) had a premise because the lore of warcraft is extremely elaborate and people who went to see it were nerds familiar with it.

Videogames tell stories in a different way.

Like okay - I would like to see a movie based on dark souls.
World is dark, cheerless, over the top violent
Lore is unique, with the humanity being the evil force in the world
and with characters that are morally ambiguous with no clear motives.

But I can't imagine how could you create the same atmosphere in a movie form.

>The warcraft movie (despite not being successfull at all)
Did you just get back from a country with no internet?

I thought this was cool when it came out but it's probably trash

I think it could be done. Any good or bad video game could make a good movie with the right people, though it's unrealistic to think that would ever happen for anything.
>Andrzej Żuławski's Demon's Souls

I'd like a Dead Money movie that didn't concern itself with setting up Fallout lore.

Half-Life, with JJ

zulawski's dead mate
died in february

If they could actually do it perfectly and not fuck it up?

Planescape: Torment.

Akiba Strip with Jackie Chan

Yeah, I know. It's still as realistic as any of these movies being handled well.

Sorry, is this on-topic discussion getting in the way of your Sup Forums threads?

This shit here.

It's passable. The sequel is worse.

>Andrzej Żuławski's Demon's Souls
Why would a Polish Drama/Art-house director with only one good movie be your choice for Demon's Souls?

fuck of to thumbler

@72392612 (You)

sam and max
psychonauts
fallout done in a silly tone

Could have been a great body horror movie from the 80s
done with full practical stuff, like the fly or the thing

>with only one good movie
No.
Because I thought about his unique style and atmosphere instead of sword fighting and choreography. I don't think an adaption would need much action, it would be more fun to.watch one of the loser NPC characters making their way instead of epic demon slayer chosen one.

Who would you cast as the main 6 characters?

Isaac Clarke - Tom Hardy
Kendra Daniels - Karen Gillan
Zach Hammond - Peter Mensah
Challus Mercer - Navid Negahban
Terrence Kyne - Jeff Daniels
Nicole Brennan - Jessica Biel

Came to this thread just to say that a Carpenter Dead Space movie has been my dream from the moment I played the game.

Starcraft

>3 hours of a guy climbing shit, occasionally swinging his sword and riding through empty vistas on a horse

Wow what an awesome movie this would be

Who would you cast?

I still don't think he'd be a good choice, but I understand where you're coming from and think that would be a neat take on a film adaptation. I respect you and your opinion, user.

All his movies but Possession are still shit.

the actual voice actor instead of meme hardy

Unfamiliar with the characters thankfully, so no clue.

I'm kind of shocked they haven't tried yet. Seems like it would have some good milking potential.

Do you really want that after Warcraft?

He was older looking in 1.
2 and 3s younger version would fit the VA better but a Mad max styled hardy, IMO would be a better fit

For nine distinct people, I can't think of anyone who could play anyone of them.

pretty solid casting, I'd watch it.

Starcraft has more potential

Milking potential for who?
If you made it cgi you'd never break even in the box office and if you made live action, the same thing would happen.

Live action could work if you had the right director. I think animated in an online release would be a safer bet though.

there was an attempt to make a series on adult swim, have no idea why it didn't work but it did produce something
youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU
>captcha: bread

Red v Blue style? Yeah I could see that making an impact and the merchandise would increase profits.

Pyro - Kate McKinnon
Spy - Melissa McCarthy
Heavy - Leslie Jones
Medic - Kristen Wiig
Scout - Sarah Silverman
Engineer - Rosanne
Demoman - Wanda Sykes
Sniper - Kristen Schaal
Soldier - Amy Schumer

Directed, Produced, and Written by - Paul Feig

Not with Blizzard in control of the IP it doesn't

killer 7. It could've been a good movie

epic fucking meme negro

this

John Carpenter actually tried to get that made OP.

pls be passable, Fassbender

Would a Max Payne remake work?

>Not Gunner Wright as Isaac
Even dr. Kyne can be his original VA since the guy's an actor as well.

>nobody cares about this oldfag shit
not anymore

Asura's Wrath could work as a trilogy or a short tv show. man, that game was awesome.

Witcher series (either based on one of the games or a standalone), Dead Space 1, Metal Gear? There isn't much to work with in the gaming world that would translate well into kino, God help fassbender

Metal Gear Solid 3 would be a good movie, but the only thing that is to over the top for a movie are the bosses

ICO and Shadow of Colossus would be cool if they used japanese actors.

Muv-Luv

wasn't there a witcher movie?

Yes, and is utter shit

Dead Space was one of the last videogames I really enjoyed, i wouldn't mind seeing someone thing loosely based on it. A mix of space horror, with paranormal elements and Lovecraft mythology, everybody seems to be into that.

None of them

twitter.com/thehorrormaster/status/617374199917604864