Watching the original Dawn of the Dead for the first time and I can't fucking deal with this music

Watching the original Dawn of the Dead for the first time and I can't fucking deal with this music...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRUDo0YOuj4
youtube.com/watch?v=MwK1EpQtTUo
youtube.com/watch?v=V66m52YFZBg
youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w
youtube.com/watch?v=gAjBAivWTeo&index=1&list=PL0167A883A2F130D1
youtube.com/watch?v=dy81Ktk2-zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being this much of a pleb
The movie has GOAT music

Oh, that's perfectly fine. Stop watching.
Then, proceed to do everybody a favor and kill yourself

You might like the Argento cut better, it's a lot different though and has a much different soundtrack. I still like it though, not better, just different

Just give it a week and put on The Gonk again, user. :^y

The original Dawn is the best and most culturally important zombie film btw. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Welcome to the minority club, user. The Dawn Of The Dead OST is amazing, PERIOD
youtube.com/watch?v=xRUDo0YOuj4

The swat team mowing down the low income housing faggots would never exist in a modern interpretation.

I agree with this user
youtube.com/watch?v=MwK1EpQtTUo

Loved Zach Snyders Dawn of the dead. My best friend and I rented the original from blockbuster.

I laughed my first time through the whole time.

Second watch the next day, I discovered my first Kino at 14 years old.

Never went back to Snyders and bought the ultimate edition. Also Goblin is amazing and Argento cut sucks.

Snyder's remake is better.

Romero's Day of the Dead is the best of 'X of the dead' films

Great for you, friendo. A success story is alway nice

That fucking poster makes it look like an old Japanese movie

>Romero's Day of the Dead is the best of 'X of the dead' films
It's still pretty good, but widely understood as the third in quality in the trilogy

>Snyder's remake is better.
Ah, one of those. Kill yourself

Weak bait user

Snyder's remake is better, sorry /hor/ spammer.

Everything but Supernigga and his partner in original Dawn is grating.

youtube.com/watch?v=V66m52YFZBg

This one is a classic.

@@72394866
Yeah, whatever you say, paranoid retard. My continued wishes: kill yourself asap

Pretty much my exact same experience ( except I was 12 back in 99 ) I remember laughing hard, being intrigued buy the characters and being genuinely scared by some scenes

This movie was probably the most comfy movie I've ever watched, which is ironic since it's a zombie movie.

It's supposed to make you claustrophobic.

The DVD extra prequel news show for the 2004 remake is the purest of kino.

Probably even the best zombie piece of media ever.

youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w

The soundtrack is the best thing about the movie, which, I don't really understand why people like.

WTF The music by Goblin for Dawn of the Dead is fucking amazing. Please feel free to put a fucking screwdriver into your ear.

youtube.com/watch?v=gAjBAivWTeo&index=1&list=PL0167A883A2F130D1

>Snyder's remake is better

>widely understood as the third in quality in the trilogy
you're a faggot and anyone who thinks that is wrong.

Running zombies just don't work.

You're not very good at this, are you?

this speech and this speech alone makes me believe romeros zombies are a biblical apocalypse

When I was 10 in glorious 1998, my childhood friend's dad rented Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and the thing. Seven movies for seven days.

Dawn and The Thing have left a massive impression on me, I would consider both of them being my top 4 movies of all time. Absolutely loved them. I drew so much comics of zombies and 'things' as a kid that if someone would see them now, one would think that I'd propably become a serial murderer. Instead, I became a graphic designer.

Thank you, Romero and Carpenter

post your work

>my childhood friend's dad rented Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and the thing. Seven movies for seven days.
thats only 3 movies for 7 days

Day of the dead is far superior musically, and cinematicaly.

>youtube.com/watch?v=dy81Ktk2-zg

He rented seven VHS movies every other week or sl. I remember that he rented those three on one week, cant remember the four other ones unfortunately.

The chances are it's 70's and 80's sci-fi and horror

Lunch break, not on my work computer at the moment. I'll update in 50 minutes or so

Bub's the best thing in zombie films, ever.

I was listening to the Dawn of the Dead OST just last night and I can honestly say that OP is a faggot.

>not liking the Goblin
Name some shut u like so we can sit on u some more pleb

That's funny because when I first watched it a year ago I thought the music was one of the best parts.

This one in particular:

That thing's easily better than the actual movie. The sense of dread and escalation is pulled off so much better than in the movie. Just things like people suddenly shitting themselves and sprinting down a street for a second with no zombies in sight is so effective when it's done right.

This is right

Day >= Night > Dawn

Watch Day of the Dead instead, its got no silly music

Let's believe you put the signs wrong

Dawn > Night > Day

The music isn't silly, it's great.

And OP is the kind of animal who liveblogs ''''''watching''''' films. Scum, simply

ohhhhhh, now it's on.

>Night
>Tightest drama
Ben v Harry is still the best 'dead because they argued' scenario in horror.
>really well shot
Spooky claustrophobic stuff and the way that the zombies just approach in groups over open terrain is a staple of the genre now
>Barbara
Easily the spookiest part of all of Romero's work and in my opinion maybe the spookiest thing ever put into a movie. Her hysteria is genuinely discomforting (especially upon rewatching when the sexual undertones are more noticeable) and her sudden mental rebalance followed by death is absolutely horrible and still shocks me.'JOHHHHNNNYYY!'

>Dawn
>scale
This one probably has the most interesting scenarios in the trilogy. The opening SWAT raid, the truck manouvers, the biker attack and the mall clearing are all amazing sequences that you don't get out of other zombie-fiction.
>Cast
The movie being long and focused on four people gives it possibly the strongest characterization in the trilogy. There's so much substance to the relationships between the characters that you don't get in Snyder's remake that makes everything they do that much more interesting. Most of the cast of the 2004 version feel interchangeable with each other but everyone in Romero's movie is a real character.
>soundtrack
The soundtrack and the general tone of Dawn are really unique for an American movie. Romero's deliberately goofy approach to the premise and Goblin's weird progressive sound really make this one stand out.

>Day
>Effects
Night was primitive while Dawn was deliberately goofy but Day has some of the best gore effects in movies.
>atmosphere
Meme praise but I can't think of a better term. The movie's hot, dank, and empty tone gives one of the best impressions of a dead world that I've ever seen in fiction.
>cast
Day retreads some ground covered in Night but they do it so well I count it as a point for them. The posturing for power is the best part of the movie.

character limit :(

Great analysis but whats your point?

You haven't persuaded anyone to the DAY camp.

>Dawn > Night > Day

Objectively correct.

I don't usually come up with a point before I write something, it tends to come up as I'm writing. I think I would have gotten somewhere if I hadn't hit that 2000 character limit. Let's try to conclude this with some strengths for Day that edge it out.

I think that the key points that edge out Day above the others are atmosphere and the cast. By atmosphere, I hate the term, I mean the general feeling that it's all over. I think that pretty much everything in the movie contributes to this and that's what makes it so strong. The cast that's clearly starting to fray physically and mentally, the only thing left of the government's authority being a handful of borderline-mad army officers, John's speech about the archives, the amazing opening sequence with Florida being empty, the soundtrack with its weird, ephemeral tones.

There's so much that Day does right but I can't seem to file it neatly into one point that makes it clear why I like it so much. It impresses me so much every time I watch it. It's scary, it's interesting, it's pretty, it's tense and dramatic. I think that everyone Romero set out to do in his 'Dead' movies he got right in Day. I think that the commentary about society and how people always fuck thing up comes out clearest in Day, the horror element is strongest with Savini being allowed to go all out with the gore and those weird caves together with the eeriness of the opening scene in the helicopter where things go from silent to the zombies making more sound than the engines.

I feel like this deserves a lot more thought but for now I feel like I've at least covered everything I set out to in that first post.

God, I love this shit. I remember getting stoned and watching it and genuinely being frightened, I truly believe if there ever was an actual "zombie apocalypse" this would be fairly accurate as to what would happen. Even though it's clearly pretty low budget, it's so effective.

>musically
Wrong. The score in Day is largely forced and most of it doesn't fit the scenes it's attached to.

>I don't usually come up with a point before I write something

Seriously? So you generally have absolutely no argument, and just enjoy splerging out and showing off your RT amateur film critic skillz and hoping that a point comes up while you're writing? Are you some sort of fucking spastic, user?

yes, that's exactly what I do. Yes, that's exactly what I am.

By Sup Forums standards is that really so bad? I watch a lot of movies and this place is a convenient dumping-ground for all the mental shit that piles up while watching them.

>not liking Goblin
Kill yourself Reddit toddler! I truly mean it.

Only if you're an idiot.

Are Land, Diary & Survival REALLY That bad?

Dawn of the Dead was the movie that made me realize that it doesn't matter when the movie came out, or who directed it: Zombie movies are objectively terrible and if you like them at all then you don't belong on a board dedicated to television and film. Look at this shit. Lol.

Shut the fuck up

LOL

It would be about the low income housing faggots if made this year

I remember being genuinely terrified at this scene. The way that blanket just drops off and reveals Roger's re-animated husk.

I was like 10 at the time.

hahahaha what a faggot

I am with you mostly.

For me it was dawn>night>Day.

Dawn: the scale is the selling point for me. The broader collapse of society is something i need for a really good zombie movie. I hate this trope of the Main character sleeps through the collapse. The TV Studio scene, the swat scene and the ride in the helicopter where they see the military and militia hunt the Zombies did a really good Job in portraying that.

The only good "of the dead" movies are the remake and shaun, deal with it

The deals are a poppin

Bullshit. Just because you aren't able to look behind effects you aren't right. I did like them too though.

> Just because you aren't able to look behind effects you aren't right.

lol wat

oh and night of the living dead, those were great fun