Depression isn't real. All it is is just you want more attention so you post about it to get attention...

Depression isn't real. All it is is just you want more attention so you post about it to get attention. Convince me it is real.

Other urls found in this thread:

clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/depression-information/medical-causes-of-depression/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Real depressed people kill themselves. Your thinking about whiny faggots.

>proven chemical imbalance
>not real
You're thinking of ADHD, OP

"The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill themself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”

― David Foster Wallace

Fake science for snowflakes to feel special.

wise words

How so?

this response is somewhat correct:
but depressions doesnt need to involve suicide. there are different levels of depression.

Obvious it's real, it's a natural mechanism to separate broken useless persons from the rest of the group or "society" in order of save resources (food, water) to health persons who are able to contribute to the survival of the group as a whole.

In the past depressed people isolated themselves as in moder days, but usualy they died quickly because of the difficulties of surviving alone in a wild and primitive environment (predators, difficulty in hunting alone, dificulties search for food and water alone...) Unfortunately in modern society these people are able to survive for a long time, which prolongs their suffering.

I almost didn't believe in mental illness 7ntil I started training service dogs and met people with legitimate chemical imbalances that would be impossible to function without meds. 6 yo little girl who screams and cries when putting her shoes on, picking them right back off, putting them back on, for multiple hours unless she had her meds. I believe most people both don't have it and are self diagnosed. But my eyes have been opened that there does exist a subset of individuals with legitimate conditions.

Gives perspective.

how is being curled up in the closet wanting to die, seeking attention? if i was after attention i'd be running around in the street shouting "I'M DEPRESSED, PAY ATTENTION TO ME"

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

I mean... People with ADHD get calmed by taking uppers or stimulants. Adderall is Speed. That's some significant chemical fuckery, too.

Science for the faggot that only believes science. Now, fuck off and make a better thread.
www.clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/depression.../medical-causes-of-depression/

>www.clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/depression.../medical-causes-of-depression/
That's right, 404 everyone An Hero NAO!!

clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/depression-information/medical-causes-of-depression/

Oh so you've done more research than hundreds of years of science?! Better go fucking tell them now, your medals are waiting.

Swallow a shotgun

Is that why people in prolonged isolation develope depression? Because the obviously want to just complain to the many people around them.

nice bait, got me to reply

>Got out of marines
>Miss all my old buddies terribly
>Realize ill never be in such a close group of people willing to die for eachother ever again
>things i never got to accomplish in the military and ill never get another chance
Feels bad man

itt user posts about depression to gain attention about how it's bad to gain attention about depression