Tacolander

>Tacolander
>Meeting a russian through vydia
>Plays with him for several months
>"We should totally skype some day, ruski."
>Gives Skype to him
>Not expecting more than the average slav
>Meeting for first time in the webcam
>Comes off as a straight 6'4, 8/10, but really serious and quite a pokerface, but seems like a nice person by inside.
>Tries to develop conversation of several topics (vydia, history, hating on thrid wave feminism)
>Answers with really short, cold, and tasteless senteces.
>"Ruski, is something bothering you? You don't actually enjoy talking?"
>"No"
>"Then why are you so serious?"
>"Is just, no one talks to me that much."
>"Wow, really? That must be quite boring, but don't worry, you can always talk to me when you want. And if you don't, I'll leave you alone. That's fine for you?"
>"Thanks, but it's a common thing of here. Don't worry about me. You are a very nice person."
>Not understanding at a 100% what did he mean by that

The big question here is: Is Russia such a mean place to live? Are the people so mean that they actually became so cold towards strangers?

Other urls found in this thread:

x-culture.org/peach-vs-coconut-cultures/
youtube.com/watch?v=e8w9DT1b8Jw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The big question here is: Is Russia such a mean place to live? Are the people so mean that they actually became so cold towards strangers?

Yes and yes. St Petersburg people are generally more open, liberal and nicer.

Speaking as someone from another nation that's always told we seem so cold and distant, I'd say it's probably mostly a cultural thing. We value our privacy and tend to be cautious about opening up to strangers.

He detects you are a faggot dude, us Russianas HATE gays

>Is Russia such a mean place to live? Are the people so mean that they actually became so cold towards strangers?

Being nice in some countries makes people nervous, like you're trying to fuck them over somehow, so distrust is very common. It's how I've become to most people after being overly nice and trusting only to get fucked over and taken advantage of for over 20 years.

It's a defense mechanism and although he wants to be more open and trusting, he knows there's still a great chance you're just another piece of shit, which he's probably become himself at this point, and he has enough problems as it is.

could also be that he finds it hard to hold conversations in english since he's a but uncertain about himself.
i know alot of russians and finns like that.

very lonely people, it's a bit sad desu.

That does explains a lot to me, since I come from a country where we are quite outspoken and friendly.
I'll try to go slower on him and not overboard him with anything. Thank you 'murican user!
Yeah, he has a very thick accent (compared to my C2 accent), but doesn't struggle that much with the pronunciation part. And yes, he's quite a loner. When I talk about how I made dinner or supper for my parents, he seems to be sad to know I spend so many time with my family.

Serious question, OP: are you gay? And if you are, do you have any obvious gay mannerisms? I don't intend offense by this, but in Russia there is currenly a lot of stigma associated with homosexuality. Even if the guy is personally not bothered by it, he may subconsciously feel he should be discouraging that sort of behaviour.

People are same everywhere, perhaps they are a little less open with strangers here. Don't read too much into it, maybe he's a lonely orphan or something.

> St Petersburg people are generally more open, liberal and nicer.
This,

No, I am not homo. I thought it was quite clear that I'm not even male.

Oh, sorry. You know how it is, everyone's assumed to be a guy on Sup Forums, etc.

Well duh, that was the reason then. He was just shy.

post chainsaw :3

Pls be in London

It's hard to tell when over half of Sup Forums is gay and men.
Also, if you're not male, what gender are you? Taco?

He can't believe how lucky he is and he's shitting his pants trying not to fuck things up with you. This is how I would react if I was suddenly speaking to a Mexican girl over Skype after never even seeing a single Mexican in my life.

He's Russian, not Autism.

There are plenty of autistic russians.

>all Russians are autistic
ftfy

Well, I can consider myself a tacolady, since I know how to make tortillas from scratch
Well, I just hope that he doesn't think that I want to hurt him in any way. He just became one of my best friends, and there is no single day I don't text him to know if he's doing fine.

Stop asking him if he's doing fine. There is no fine in Russia, only coping with reality. You should come visit him.

Russians are just cold. One day we were drinking with my friend (we both are russians too) and when we were already drunk enough he offererd me to go to Russia. We've got a taxi-bus and 5 hours later we already were in Chelyabinsk. We decided to stay at the house of my friend's fellow (I never knew him before), so when we came to his house he even didn't say hello to me, only after I pull my hand to him. Then he said that we can sleep in his kitchen on the air matress.
Next day he appeared as a pretty nice guy, though I thought he's not when I've meet him first time.

>Skyping with another male
bit gay 2bh

>tfw no qt mexican online gf to ask me if i'm doing fine

postea pies

>there is no single day I don't text him to know if he's doing fine

I'd imagine that probably bothers him.

MEXICO CITY
E
X
I
C
O

C
I
T
Y

Good thread. Kek is watching over us.

If dubs qt mexican taquita gfs for everyone

>chilangas
disgusting

x-culture.org/peach-vs-coconut-cultures/

He did told me he used to live in a very small city that only had one cinema, and not a lot of people. I know that there are some poor areas in Russia, I just didn't know it was so extended. I would love to visit him, but right now it should be enough with Skype.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it, kazak user.
You think so? Then I'll stop. His space must be respected.

this

t. 'kov

>I would love to visit him
stay where you are whore, or ill tell your father

ayyy mamacita ¿quieres reclamar aztlan conmigo?

Ah, yes, my apologies. What else you want? A sweet bread or enchiladas?

CHI

-cano

Just lower the frequency.

no-

CHIcano nosí

Like Sensei in Kokoro

mexico

yuo ar gay

F-f-from planting the corn?

Tamaulipas 5'11

Southerners (and latinos by extensions, but also most americans) can be quite overwhelming for us slavs. If we're not familiar with it, it can even appear fake and annoying to us. In turn, we appear as cold and distant to you. If you come from loud and warm culture, it's usually quite difficult to read us - unless drunk, we're subtle folks - even more than germans.

It's just matter of amplitude, but not content. It helps if you talk to other slav/german guys on penpals or something, so you can get some frame of reference.

Try to detect cues if you're overwhelming and try to pace it down. Last but not least, if you're 1/10 landwhale, it can be obvious why the active pokerface and distance if you appear as ... overeager.

Not talking with someone all the time, over a long period of time, actually dulls the chat part of the brain. The result, what you just witnessed. Give him time and he'll become more talkative.

>When I talk about how I made dinner or supper for my parents, he seems to be sad to know I spend so many time with my family.

I'm not even Russian but I feel sad just reading that because it doesn't happen in my life either...

We can make dinner together if you want, user.
We can cook some quesadillas and shit.

the most important thing to answer atm is how qt you are?

Now that's a pretty deep-on detailed explanation of his coldness. I'll make sure of go slowly on him and not overwhelm him. And no slavanon, i'm really far away from being a landwhale. As a 5'1, 90 pounds indiviual, I do get quite bullied and asked why I am so tiny for being a latina.
That's so sad to hear canadanon, you can always cook something easy for your family to express your love (maybe pancakes or muffins).
7/10 imo, I do hate being so tiny, but I guess I compensate it with my attitude and my cooking skills.

t. LARPing mexicANO

>my cooking skills.
You know how much that will get you with a man?

No, I really don't know. I just enjoy cooking and caring of my beloved ones, without neglecting my studies on university. Both things are important to be a complete human being.

>You know how much that will get you with a man?
At least in the first world. It can get you FAR.

youtube.com/watch?v=e8w9DT1b8Jw

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

J A L I S C O
A
L
I
S
C
O

funny to hear from finn you racist REVA

Not male so attack helicopter.

It's a cultural thing.

I find USA-tier retarded smiling all the time way more disturbing. Poker face feels natural, I don't need to exaggerate my reactions to things out of trying to be polite or some shit.

I feel what I feel and most of the time it's a poker face. It is normal for us.

In Russia, pointless smiling without a reason and fake emotions were historically deemed stupid.

As the old saying goes: "Ulybka bez prichiny - priznak durachiny" literally "A smile without a reason is a sign of the stupid".

>videochatting with men
pedjew faggot pls

True, I've never had any friends living here. My whole social life is about close relatives

It's our way of saying "Hey stranger, I won't fuck with you if you won't fuck with me".

Also it's a way to make people extra angry when they get upset. Laughing someones anger off or smiling at them when you tear them a new one is like salt on a wound. Makes sense since our culture is all about fucking shit up.
Also we are super business oriented.
We like to say "Disarm them with a smile"

What? No, that could backfire. He might like it...

Don't worry user, we are all actors here and secretly hate each other but we like to pretend that we don't.

It's OK, if you're accustomed to it and grew in the USA.

Here, we are relatively much more direct in the way we deliver verbal messages, then Western Europeans/Americans.

You don't give a fuck about something? Face will say it in here. We don't make faces in the vast majority of situations, where a Swede, for example, would smile in order to stay polite.

It may be weird to you, but that's why we may seem cold.

Pros: when we smile or grieve, we do so mostly sincerely. So you know, what emotions that person did really experience.

Cons: may appear rude or unsettling.

So it depends. I feel alienated, when I am in an overly-smily crowd. It feels like a deceit and gives a subconcious anxiety.

>When I talk about how I made dinner or supper for my parents, he seems to be sad to know I spend so many time with my family.
Tfw there are people who can just visit their parents for dinner
When i once wanted to do something with my mother she said the coldest no in the world.
It was better when my grandmother still lived. I envy you, Mexicanon.

Degenerate whore.
Post proof

>needing to - let alone wanting to - prove yourself to some random loser on Sup Forums that will dismiss you with smug superiority regardless, despite being a worthless piece of human shit
why even make these posts, you and others shit up a decent thread

>Is Russia such a mean place to live?

Yes.

>Are the people so mean that they actually became so cold towards strangers?

I don't remember the last time when I talked to a stranger. I rarely talk even to the people I know well, including my relatives.

>St Petersburg people are generally more open

That's right, I've noticed that too when I was visiting Spb. People from Moscow are more open than us too, by the way.

t. siberian

I feel you ruskianon, sometimes north american smiles do not feel natural. It is really interesting how facial expressions do change their value through out history and countries, and that saying do sounds quite powerful. Thank you!
It is better to be alone than with bad company ruskianon, someday you will find a good friend to take a beer with, or maybe he or she is trying to find you.
In Mexico we smile mostly for being friendly. I do notice that mexicans and other latin americans show off a lot of expressions by the face gestures and voice tone. I guess it's a way to show off how comfortable we are with others.
My ruski friend is from Western Siberia (even tho I see it more in the middle than anything). I deeply thank you for sharing your information, pelmeni-user

show your pelmen to us

Made me think

CHI

this hundred year old pasta

So why dont you post your tits?

you sound gay

its a girl read the thread

aww shit
it's a cartel midget trying to get that cocain route going

Hes a well known transgender in /lat/ youre all stroking his ego treating him like a female you faggets

>HOLA STRANGER!
>como are you?
>bueno weather we're having
>talk to me por favor

How do you know it's the same poster?