(Hard mode: no pic related)

lol @ hardmode

ez

Giant Steps, easy.

Africa/Brass

he has so many fantastic albums

Runner up:
Crescent

I don't know why, but I can't stand his tone on this album, it sounds stuffy and flat. Also, he doesn't really have his usual energy I find.

I think I appreciate it due to the way he expanded those conceptions on Giant Steps into actual compositions. I don't know how you can think the tone is stuffy and flat, as it was literally recorded the same day as My Favorite Things and sounds very similar.

Not the same day, they were recorded within a 3 day period, and reeds and such can change pretty drastically from day to day depending on humidity and other bs factors. The album was released without any input from Coltrane so they may have been takes he wasn't as satisfied with.

I'm not trying to diss the album, I love his take on The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Equinox is fantastic, and his use of the modulation he used on Giant Steps is definitely more fleshed out. Great album, but to me things just didn't click as well within the band for the tracks on the album.

This

this is my favorite so far.

Meditations is the album I was promised A Love Supreme would be

I'm assuming you posted the Duke and John record, no?

When I was a teen, I was into the free improv, Pharoah Sanders type stuff, but nowadays I find John playing over song form way more interesting.

this and meditations

the bass line in ole is so fucking hypnotic

I like My Favourite Things

Surprised nobody has posted giant steps yet...

are giant steps fans usually attached to communication through images instead of words

That's me, yeah. Funnily enough, I'm really into Karma and the more 'free' stuff right now, idk why but I'm obsessed with the pentatonic scale as well haha. Wayne Shorter's solo on Charcoal Blues makes me cream and it's basically only 5 notes.

Well they wouldn't be your favorite if you didn't like them

I like Transition and a love supreme a lot

this. so dank.