Just re-watched Dune. Best movie ever but you faggots probably don't recognise that

Just re-watched Dune. Best movie ever but you faggots probably don't recognise that.

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/movie/dune-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THIS. IS. ARKAKIS!!!!

Dat hair cut

nah I only watch Police Academy I don't like any other movies

There's no need to fight over me.

Awww.. Did Sup Forums not bite?

I would

thats not Dune dickhead, thats The Fith Element.

Not Dune but Blade Runner

I can't stop farting. I think I might need to go to hospital.

Dune was unwatchable garbage you dumb fucking movie hipster. Did you even read the books?

Its blade runner you fools

no, thats why i can like the movie. Also the OST first class Toto stoner music

I saw the movie before reading the books. I think the movie was awesome.

>Dabid Lynch movie is best ever
reddit needs to leave

They were about to make a new version, but then H.R Giger died or something

Checked. HR Giger is still alive.

>pretending someone who died 3 years ago is still alive just so I'll bump the thread correcting you

I googled it. didnt say they were dead

nm i see it

>Please don't stand so close to me

My bad, a new movie was in the making though, what about that one that made eyes wide shut

Hope you watched the 9 hour version.

sting

Dreadful film

>Alan Smithee
Tells you everything really.

where do you stand on.. the prequels?

> yes this is a loaded question

I'm sure he did, right after watching Shazam, starring Sinbad.

:(

to be fair, it's a pretty difficult book to film. a lot of the time the characters are quietly thinking to themselves "i am going to fuck this person up so badly.. just you wait.." and the only way to do that cinematically is to have them voice-over with a bit of echo while obviously not moving their lips.

You mean the made for tv movie series? It sucked. Not dark enough/kinda cheesy.

I'd watch a 9 hour Dune movie if it was done properly.

Dune and Dune Messiah could easily fill 3 3-hour movies.

I heard that was the problem with the original Blade Runner. (The one we're all accustom to is the Directors Cut.)

Anyone know where I can find the original?

2018 new dune movie
movieweb.com/movie/dune-2018/

like the german miniseries Children of Dune? shit was pretty good, except, as always, Paul was played by a petulant 26 year old when he was supposed to be 15.

I have the original on VHS.

The package says Copyright 1989, so maybe you can look for that.

I do kind've like it, cos the voice-over gives it a gumshoe kind of feel to it. And the whole "is he a Replicate" is a lot more subtle.

But the Director's Cut is better.

If im lucky we can use my son in 16 years

He was credited as Judas Booth on the extended version, dumbass.

He didn't have final cut.. His version still totally watchable.. Set Design/Score/Costumes/Cast/Photography were awesome... He did OK with the tools he had at the time...

Whoever controls the spice controls the universe!

And he'll know. HE'LL KNOW, that it was I, Barron Vladamir Harkonen, that encompasses his doom!

Harkonnenfag.

2001: a space odyssey or get out

>inb4 some contrarian faggot from Sup Forums pretends he doesn't like it

honestly, the EU for dune is pretty shit imo. i felt that the movie captured the feel of the original book pretty well, and i enjoyed it as a result.

The two major problems (well, 1 minor and one major) are the folding space and the sound guns.

If they'd have done those two things properly, the movie would've done the book justice.

Ahhh Airplane, my favourite

my wifi is called HAL 9000 :-/

Usul, We've caught a big one!

remember watching the whole 4-5 hours version when I was a kid. I played alot of Dune 2 .

I wanted to see the big sand dick.
All they did was talk about spice.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shai hulud

Oldfag here. David Lynch has said repeatedly that he hated Dune, but I thought he did a good job with the material. It was a hard book to film.

I also liked Blade Runner, do any of you younger guys think it holds up? It was pretty ahead of its time.