Get out all your convictions that you hide from Sup Forums

ill start: NIN is just an angstier depeche mode

Music is just a backdrop for feelings and activity, not to be dissected and analyzed.

when you stop caring about taste your taste gets more interesting

essentials charts and flowcharts are worthless resources and are used by people that don't care about music

Dubstep is pretty good.

Skrillex deserves more credit for the sounds he made at the time

Ram trilogy is best DnB Super trio

Noisia>Black sun empire

Most of the stuff posted here is decent, but varies

And burial is garbage

holy shit. Sup Forumstants have never made so much sense

i like music

>my conviction is a literal meme

>taking meme status seriously

Political views shouldnt influence your opinion of the artist

>assuming i take meme status seriously

this

Can I get a flowchart for this post

This is a really good album and goes under appreciated due to the band's reputation and the rest of their discography

>>my conviction is a literal meme
>assuming I take meme status seriously
consistency.png

nine inch nails literally sounds nothing like depeche mode

NIN is Depeche Mode for straight people

I don't think there's such thing as "wankery".

This, also Depeche Mode has/had pretty angsty fans.

>assuming statement (a) that can literally mean a number of things regarding my convictions automatically means (b)

thefuck.png

You haven't heard enough.

Heard enough what?

Chart threads are terrible. People who post in chart threads only want to wank off each other's taste. It's like they treat music like collecting pokemon cards to show off to their friends and look cool.

Maybe, but what's wrong with that?

Only through dissection and analysis can you ever answer the question of why you would prefer particular music for particular feelings or activities.

I feel like this holds true only if you are actively pursuing new music - which, generally speaking, tasteless people do not do often enough

I'm not so sure. They provide good entry points for genres or artists, essentially mapping out what one might be inclined to listen to. There are also usually pivotal works that help define genres and artists, which are helpful in appreciating the much less known works (Which might not be present on the charts). being new to certain music =/= not caring about music.

I sincerely believe that innovating and remaining accessible is harder than innovating without any accessibility

>electronic beats and vocals based, dark and eerie lyrics

i think that they both fit these. NIN is pretty different. theyre more nu-metally than depeche mode, but still you get my point

>Only through dissection and analysis can you ever answer the question of why you would prefer particular music for particular feelings or activities
Or you could just, you know, listen to it.

MBDTF is overrated
Radiohead is kind of overrated, though I can see why people like them
RH's fanbase is akin to Tool in that anyone that doesn't like them they accuse of "not getting it"
Limp Bizkit was a p good band as far as bass drums and guitar goes
SOAD is kind of obnoxious, though they have some great songs in their catalog
Madvillainy is overrated, isn't even MF Doom's best release
I don't care for Pinata either
OF is underrated in terms of their influence on hip hop
Kendrick is overrated and section 80 is extremely overrated
GKMC was Kendrick's best, and TPAB is pretty good but overrated and that whole 2pac shit was so corny
OD is better than section 80
Ab soul sucks
Schoolboy Q is praised for subpar albums
IDLS was boring
Channel Orange was boring
this

I don't even understand this, I've always liked what I liked and didn't care about "my taste"

Whiny emo vocals ruined rock music
Melodramatic emo guitar lines ruined rock music as well
Nirvana was a legitimately great band and only contrarians think PJ, Soundgarden, or AIC was better
AIC was great as well but you can clearly hear their hair metal roots
Soundgarden is really just Led Zeppelin + Black Sabbath (though they can be good)
Megadeth is probably better than Metallica when you get down to it, and surely more technical
I think Burial is kind of boring t b h
Vaporwave is a trash genre for talentless hacks and I also hate how anything vaguely 80s esque is now labelled vaporwave influenced, as well as low pitched vocals
Retrofetishization music is awful and cheap for the most part
Tame Impala sucks
King Gizzard sucks
Daniel Johnston is good and not because muh schizophrenia
Sup Forums likes things purely for their inaccessibility to show off their le patrician taste, a prime example would be trout mask
They also like things to show their le poptimism, such as MBDTF, which is conveniently critically acclaimed
Sup Forums as a whole tends to avoid stuff that doesn't have critical acclaim

i don't agree with prescribing good "entry points" and inhibiting discovery. being new to something is the most exciting prospect to me. i don't want to be given the cliff's notes version of free jazz and wrap up that phase within a week

fuck off

WHOA WHOA WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, where did that come from?

but what if i have a crush on trent

Critics know maybe slightly more of their shit than the average Sup Forums poster.
Young Thug is good or at least used to be
Lil Uzi is enjoyable
Drake is a joke and anyone who seriously posts about him is a shill to me
Lil Wayne wasn't as bad as people claim him to be
Eminem has no classics, and MMLP and SSLP are really dated sounding
The best music tends to be cream of the crop rises to the top ie well known bands tend to be the best, or extremely obscure. The middle ground is a crap shoot
Acid bath is literally proto butt rock
Spiderland is one of my favorite albums
Sonic Youth was like 20 years ahead of their time with Daydream Nation
I don't care for most 2000s rock
I don't give a fuck about the Strokes
I don't give a fuck about St. Vincent
At the Drive in is literally boring Drive Like Jehu
Daughters made some of the best rock music ever with their S/T LP
Most good discussion is crushed by recycled threads and talking about overrated critical darling bullshit such as Kanye
Yeezus was terrible and anyone who likes it here I assume to be shills
Trap drums have been ran into the ground
Metal was at a musical sweetspot in the late 80s early 90s, as it's gotten less intelligible vocally and less melodic, more downtuned, it's become less enjoyable
That being said, some great music has came out of that.
Djent is a cancer on the metal scene and it must be eradicated
That being said, Meshuggah is still great and I don't blame them for so many lame bands turning their sound pop

Strongest points
>Agreeing with
>MDBTF is overrated
>Megadeth > metallica
>retrofetishization is cheap garbage
>burial is boring
Best >Sup Forums likes things purely for their inaccessibility to show off their le patrician taste, a prime example would be trout mask
>also like things to show their le poptimism, such as MBDTF, which is conveniently critically acclaimed (and kpop/grimes)

weakest points

>tame impala sucks
theyre average. I get why people don't like them though. they try way to hard to be "muh psychadelic revival"

>Madvilliany is overrated
nah, thats just a good album. imo, its like since i left you meets biggie/pharcyde vocals

Then you're gay

>NIN is literally ripping off Skinny Puppy, down to adding more guitar

FTFY

Your popularity has absolutely no bearing on the quality of your music.

THIS! views literally mean nothing except, "hey, this band gets some press!"

TMR really is great and it doesn't bother me if people get into it to look 'eclectic' on the internet.

99% of all music is redundant and/or mediocre, and the internet gives all of it exposure.
The userbase of this board has low standards, and judges music on hype, celebrity, and 'feels' over intrinsic quality.

i dont hide shit

but the microphone glow pt 2 is garbage

what if people get feels from intrinsic quality?

Pinata is the best hip hop album of the decade thus far

XXX takes a big fat nasty shit over that record made of dust

Rap and hip/hop are wholly worthless
Shoegaze is mostly worthless

XXX is the second best for what it's worth

I understand if people don't like what I like.

However if people like stuff that I don't like, they can fuck off.

if by "mostly" you mean pretty much everything except loveless souvlaki nowhere and HoLV, yeah pretty much everything else "shoegaze" was a cheap knock off after that

>hating Pinata
>praising XXX

top wew

Kanye West is just nignog noises white people listen to to be more D I V E R S E. In no way shape or form is he boundary breaking. He's literally just the black guy who outsted Eminem from the pop charts.

I hate myself for liking Five Finger Death Punch. Their lyrics are like something an autistic redneck would write in a comp book after hanging up a Confederate flag in his room but still saying "n-word" even on the internet.

All things being equal, the majority of country music is more listenable than the majority of hip-hop/rap music.

I bet you're from the south, no commentary on your opinions

I don't hate it, it's just painfully boring

Everybody has a butt rock or butt metal band they like,

I enjoy a couple of Nickelback songs for example.

So do you hate Unwound? Because something like this "Melodramatic emo guitar lines ruined rock music as well" could fall under them

I'm not too familiar with Unwound's stuff, I think I listened to one of their albums and got bored after a bit. It could be good, it sometimes takes me awhile to get into certain music. That being said, I don't mind early melodramatic guitar stuff from like the 90s, Spiderland being a perfect example. It's at the point of like American football where it becomes too much for me.