Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Chill.

His new album is great but won't matter cuz people just shit on him on the basis of his cult-like fanbase

i like him i just think that his songs for the most part sound all the same

Pretty much this. I like him but can't listen to him too much before I start noticing the same compositional traits resurfacing everywhere and I get sick of it and have to listen to something else.

I feel the same way about King Crimson and Robert Fripp in general.

I like his early lo-fi stuff
I love 2
I like Salad Days
His last two albums are incredibly dull and uninspired

Good music but has fallen off a bit
New album is hit or miss. Half good half same ol same ol. His fans are fucking dweebs

yup i hope he grows as a artist and changes his formula a bit

Real talk, if I ever saw this faggot out in the street I'd beet the shit out of him

I'm listening to Another One right now and it's pretty good. Wouldn't call it dull at all, maybe uninspired since it's basically Salad Days pt 2. Some Other Ones is better.

His first 2 albums were very good but he needs to change up if he wants to stay fresh and interesting. His last 2 albums are rather uninspired and forgettable.
Also his fanbase is trash. I went to a concert of his about a year ago and while Mac is a great performer, it's kind of hard to enjoy a concert while trying to avoid being kicked in the face by the 10 crowdsurfers at any given moment.

hehe :)

le chill cigarette man :)

his songs all sound the same. for awful boring faggots this trash is.

I just listened to all of his proper albums and I can confirm this is the correct ranking

2 > Salad Days > Some Other Ones > Another One > Rock and Roll Night Club > This Old Dog

This Old Dog is his best album you fucking peasant

Literally how?

He makes some realllll chill lovey dovey shit that I can listen to with my girlfriend, but like everyone else has said, a good chunk of his material sounds the same and gets pretty repetitive. I respect him as a person and hope he can become a little more innovative in the future. As for his fans, I never pay them any mind and don't let them get in the way of enjoying his music. Would probably never see him in concert though.

he'd use his front two teeth like hedge trimmers and snip off your fist, pussy

Real talk, this faggot probably has more fighting experience than you and would "beet" your ass

Just a quick minor correction

This Old Dog>2>Salad Days>Rock and Roll Night Club>Some Other Ones>Another One

All of his albums are pretty good.

>uninspired

HATE
THAT
FUCKING
WORD

>le newest album is the worst meme

By being the best album you dipshit

It has his weakest songwriting by far. No real standouts and the majority of the songs are completely forgettable.

Insightful critique.

>completely forgettable

I bet your whole existence is forgettable you fucking retarded dweeb.

real talk if you like him youre 15 and i can tell op is 15 who wants to have his/her shitty taste legitimized by Sup Forums but it wont cause mac demarco is a mediocre shitlord

This is pretty accurate

go back to tumblr faggot

same poster kek

t. 16-year-old

Epic fail user, EPIC FAIL.

Seriously though, Moonlight On The River is a great song. Probably my fave off the new album. Anyone else really like that one?

this is either really good b8

or you need to get off Sup Forums

>go back to tumblr
God arnt you fun?

Is Mac actually a good fighter? Is there documentation on this?

>if you like [artist i don't like] you're le 15 xD
Literally only an underageb& would say something as retarded as this. You need to get off Sup Forums

this old dog is his best album yet

the musics underdeveloped garbage, why the fanbase is so bad, and from experience, 14-16 year olds is the main fan base for mac, not my fault you can't see how shit his music is ;)

rock n roll night club was cool tho

i cant stand him. his music is alright but its so overplayed that i feel like dying when i hear him

you realize Rock n Roll Night Club is the most 'aesthetic' of his records, right? You're the one buying into the meme, not the kids.

His other records have had a clear, steady improvement to the instrumentals. He is a fabulous guitar player, some of the guitar parts on 2 and Salad Days are among the most memorable in indie rock this decade.

>underdeveloped
Elaborate?

Does anyone else think he is the funniest person the music world has seen in years? His face is pure gold and his music is one of the only things that gets me laughing now days.

nope. im tired of seeing his dumb ass face and his monotone humor that 15 year olds everywhere try to copy

I generally like him, but I don't know how he could be anybody's favorite artist. His songs are sweet, it's just they don't do anything really interesting or shake anything up. I think a lot of his fanbase likes him for his fun personality moreso than his music. Not most of his fanbase, but a significant number.

>weakest songwriting by far
Wrong. You're blind if you can't see how much emotion he's pouring into this album. It's evident not only by his lyrics but also him throwing out his traditional jangly yacht rock sound and using different instruments that allow him to paint a completely different emotional picture. If you don't like the album, that's fine. You're a retard if you think it's appropriate to call Old Dog his weakest songwriting.

"Muh emotion" has nothing to do with songwriting. In terms of quality of the melodies, chord progressions and general construction of the songs it's his worst album.

Trips of truth

>"Muh emotion" has nothing to do with songwriting.
Dropp'd

I don't like how some of his songs have the drums in only one speaker.

His songs hit me in the feels and make me think about my relationships, excited for his work.

This Old Dog
Salad Days
Another One
R&R night club

>implying rock and rock noightclub is the best

Nice baby's first contrarian opinion

Do people actually think like this?? I need to find a a new chan... far away from this Facebook groupthink.

I like him and I'm turning 26 in June.

lmao rekt

>Some Other Ones is better.
/thread
another one and my house by the water are great songs. bookend some other ones with those two tracks and you've got a really solid album

are you 50?

I am having the pleasure of seeing him this summer, have listened to his fantastic jangle pop chill music for over a year now and i get where the others come from when they say some of it sounds the same, but i like him both as a person and as a musician. I like all of his albums, Salad days being my favourite and im looking forward to the new fantastic album. This old dog and On the level sounds dope