Trekkies of Sup Forums:

Trekkies of Sup Forums:

I have seen all 13 Star Trek movies, around half of the episodes from the original series, and I've caught various random episodes of the Next Generation flipping through channels.

Am I good to go for watching the new series in January, or will I be hoplelessly lost, having never seen any Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise episodes, and pretty much only experiencing the Next Generation crew from the movies?

And is the new series in the same timeline as the newest three movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkBVDh7my9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the tv shows are just pleb tier filler.

which of the13 movies did you like the best op

Wrath of Khan.

I unironically enjoyed the first JJ Trek, though, and I thought Final Frontier and Insurrection, while obviously flawed, are both pretty comfy in their own rights.

The absolute worst are Nemesis and Beyond.

the only non pleb order

13 looks mediocre/bottom tier from what im reading..

you should WATCH EVERYTHING YOU FUCKING CLOWN, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU'VE COME THIS FAR

Why do so many people like 4 the best? The plot is fucking retarded and the "le star trek crew goes back to our time" contrivance reeks of low-stakes pandering to casual viewers of the series

>come this far

Nigger, there's like 300 episodes I haven't seen. The movies barely scrach the surface.

the crew bantz is top tier in trek 4.

earth 23rd century meets present day earth.
the time travel plot is a bit wacky. but this is star trek goddammit.

jj rebooted the whole " time-line" ,original spock meets nu kirk etc

can it get any-more fucked up than that.

watched trek the motion picture for the first time yesterday " Uk cable tv" has a trek movie channel showing all movies.

motion picture has some great special effects for a film of that age. and the plot is decent.

The movie just drags on a bit. and those creamy/ brown outfits are hideous.

nu trek and TREK nemesis are truly wonderous pieces of shit.

cant decide which is worse Nemesis or into darkness. ?

Id say they were both on par in terms of shittyness but nemesis is more offensive

>5 above anything except nu trek and nemesis
Cmon bro

5 is shit user ,its all over the place but it has some great moments, shatner got fucked over by movie running time's, budget etc , id love to see the full uncut edit.

>inb4 galaxy quest etc

worst original trek beaming in

4 > 2 > every other movie
tng > voy > tos > ds9 > ent

and since this new show has Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman at the helm it'll probably be decent.

bait

Just watch the best series (deep space 9) and maybe Next Generation you can ignore literally everything else its all trash

>Beyond
>absolute worst

OPINION DROPPED

so how would you rate trek 13 beyond user?

better than jj trek's 1+2
better than originals
better than next gen movies.
better than the force awakens ?

best acting in all of star trek films.

literally "opinion discarded": the post

6 is a really boring watch user's

I think it's on par with the first JJ one and definitely better than Into Darkness

I also enjoyed it much more than TFA which I frankly thought was overrated and pretty mediocre, especially for the build up surrounding it.

muh Ahura cant speak Klingon after all those years in space.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Voyage Home
The Motionless Picture
First Contact
Search for Spock
Undiscovered Country
Insurrection
Generations
Shatners Egotrip
Nemesis

Every feature lenght, two part or three part episode from tv-shows

Jar Jar 1.0
Jar Jar 2.0

I haven't seen Beoynd yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=tkBVDh7my9Q

ANY ANONS not give a shit about the space craft numbers etc , that other thread is full of hardcore trekkers.

seem a bit more casual in here !

tos
tng
ds9
voy
ent

std ----top kek

ds9 is trash avoid op

>ds9 is trash avoid op

couldn't have said it better

ds9 is awful

FUCK OFF AUTISTIC MARKETER SHILL

hey calm down laddie

>enjoyed the first JJ Trek
Me too, untill i watched whole TNG. Some time after that i watched first JJ trk again and that motherfucker got almost every detail wrong. Switched red and yellow alerts, the monitor on the bridge suddenly became a window, engineering deck was shot in a fucking brewery and med bay in a hangar or something, warp travel takes almost no time half an hour tops etc.

Lets start with more universal shit.

Gene Roddenberry was pilot, so his idea about military organization is utterly perverted by air force. Pretty much everyone is officer in Trek. Kirk gets into academy. Fucks up everything. Gets kicked out. Sneaks into ship. Disobeys even more shit. Gets lucky. Does some heroics. Gets promoted straight into fucking captain, 20 years of career done in matter of fucking hours or couple days. Gets flagship under his command immediately. Old Kirk womanizing scoundrel, but still officer and gentleman, calm tactical mastermind and mister poker face. Now he is asshole on steroids. With no fucking idea what calm means. Main way of getting things done is annoying others to chimpout. Only skill left is bullshitting others on poker table.

Spock is supposed to be logical... more holy than pope because he is only half vulcan.. hey lets insert some emotional racism on people of calm intellect and logic because movie needs to be progressive... Nu-Spock is uncontrolled emotional madman. Fucks his student, fraternization, completely against all ethical norms in military and abuse of power. Makes sense.

Sulu and Chekov...who? Scotty, who cares? Uhura and Bones are more or less as they used to be. So two main characters that weren't totally raped.

Now we can get into pseudoscience violations. Instant warp travel. Interstellar transporters, hey starships are now obsolete. Entire star systems moving around by fucking hundreds light years. I give up.

And after all that they kept rubbin red shirt guy in the first one in our faces "hey people look at how we respect the original".

rebbot jj trek

get bill shatner to film himself waking up hot and sweaty complete with hair piece "captain kirk wakes" jj 09 plot was all a bad dream. the whole reboot timeline is a bad dream.

fucking spock meeting spock is worse than spock having a half brother by 100 au

don't forget beaming aboard a warp speed starship kek,

worse scene in 09 is scotty getting trapped in water pipe OMG , makes me want to vomit

bump

>worse scene in 09 is scotty getting trapped in water pipe OMG , makes me want to vomit

Yep. The other product placement scene, after Nokia. Engineering in ST09 was fucking Budweiser factory. One improvement in JarJar2, engineering was at National Ignition Facility aka the biggest fucking laser in world. Scientific curiosity, but still kinda cool.

Do you seriously think OP that this series, or any series for that matter, that requires some budget will be oriented to a niche like the original trekkies if they can exploit the new blockbuster movies target audience?

Grow up. It might be about preserving a universe to you but it's business for them.

Duly noted, but is it taking place in the nu-Trek timeline?

What's the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek? I've always thought it was the same until my boyfriend told me it wasn't. Is it worth watching? I've only watched Force Awakens and it was pretty boring.

Tits or gtfo

Watch TNG/DS9 and the movies.

Watch TOS also if you want to see the roots of the series.

You mean Uhura is just some officer doing her job at the comm and not a genuis with a ponytail and hot ass that speaks one quadrillion alien languages?