Bipolar people of Sup Forums, how do you deal with it

Bipolar people of Sup Forums, how do you deal with it

I've been diagnosed for 10 years.

Tried ECT, Lithium, magnets (TMS), and the only thing that helps is weed.

What have you learned to help with it?

Is lithium the only medication you tried?

Try olanzapine/risperidone/anything similar.

Do you really have Bipolar disorder?
Or are you one of the many who have claimed they have it to keep themselves on neetbux?
Do you do stupid things in your "manic" phase, then get all depressed because of that pesky thing called consequences?

Legit question. Because if you go from manic to depressive without any provocation or external influence at all, it's legit!
But out of all those who I've met who are "bipolar" it's just a scam to keep neetbux, or a matter of cause and effect, that have been used to get the neetbux.

Other options are valproate and lamotrigine.

Well, considering I spent 180 days inpatient in the last six years, was medically discharged from the Air Force, got 2 DUIS, shock treatment, gained and lost 100 pounds, and have been on 25-30 med combinations, I'm pretty sure I'm fucked in the head and have it.

Also, yes, sometimes my mood changes, I haven't had a stable relationship ever, I've moved 5 times in 5 years, I've been addicted to every drug I've tried except opiates, and I am an apathetic loner.

Ive tried all of them.

Haldol, Risperidol, Abilify, Depakote, Litihum, MAIOS, SSRIS, Shock Treatment, I've been considered for ketamine trials, Straterra, Trazadone, Trileptol, Geodon, Prozac, Paxil, Lamictal, Saphris are the ones I remember them trying.

OP here btw.

>magnets

how do they work?

That doesn't answer the question. You've had a shitty life, can easily be explained away as "Internal conflict leading to mood swings".
Bipolar, in it's most legit sense, is perfectly normal happy person, goes depressive for no reason.

From what you've typed, you have plenty of reason to get into a depressive state.
Also, plenty of experiences that would have fucked you up in the head.

Not bipolar. Cause and effect being called bipolar, thus given them justification to lab rat your ass and fuck you up further.

Which is probably why nothing is working for you. Because you have no mental illness beyond the world being a fucked up place, and you being a degenerate loser.

I've found suicide to be quite helpful.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation

Then nothing can help you

Well, if thats the case, I'll suck your dick for $20.

Oh shit, Alrighty then.

Assuming you're a dude, so no thanks.
I don't get hard from guys. Sorry.

Out of curiosity, do you think bipolar disorder is genetic, inherited, or environmental?

I will, thanks

100% not environmental. Although I'm willing to wager most false diagnosis are from people with environmental problems that if solved, would cure the "disorder".
Genetic? Maybe? I really don't know. I just know legit bipolar when I see it.
And nine times out of ten, I don't see it.

Depakote helps. But the dose has to be adjusted occasionally.
I'm also a recovering alcoholic in AA.

What would you say are dead givaways for being bipolar or just a neet.

oh so thats it, i have been asking for years but no one answers.

Simple.
As stated above, TRUE bipolar is when everything in your life is fine. Take, for example, some middle class white bitch. NOTHING in her world is wrong, stressful, anything. Just normal person with normal life.
But, for some reason, she goes from dancing happy go lucky, to suicidally depressed without any provocation.
Like snap your fingers, manic to depressive mid stride, mid sentence, mid anything.
Like flipping a switch from one to the other.
THAT is bipolar.

What I see most of the time is "idiot enjoying doing something stupid." (Manic phase). Consequences (Depressed).

it fucking sucks. Latuda's great though, works like a charm plus they added a mood stabilizer too.Feeling better and more stable then I have in years.

Still great really sad from time to time and think about the fact that there are still going to be times I get manic and depressive just because of my brain.

It helps talking to other bipolar people and keeping myself active and distracted. Not thinking about it is what keeps me sane.

I seem to be a mixed bag. Honestly, I've had about a dozen episodes like that, but it isn't an everyday occurrence.

I've been smoking weed for a year, i've been off all meds and I've lost 100 pounds but I'm still having issues.

Will weed solve my problems, or should I try and go clean and sober off everything.

I bring you back to your abridged life story above.
There's plenty that you've been through, and had done to you that having something come from the recesses of your mind to knock you depressive, isn't outside of reason.
It's still cause and effect in my eyes, not true clinical bipolar disorder.

Weed can help, but you need the right strain for the job.

Jack Harer, and/or Sour Diesel are good options. But probably not the best. As I find they help me with ADHD, even though they (I think) are also listed as good for bipolar.

What do I do next. :/

I just want to be normal.

I don't care if I have a shitty life, I just don't want any chaos. Peace of mind is all I want.

Does your doctor know about the weed?

Good luck with that!
I smoke weed to give me a temporary peace of mind.
The only way to truly get over it, is to grow up, be an adult, and just... well... deal with it.
Get some mental will power. Not saying it's easy or enjoyable. But at the age of 30, that mental chaos in me is finally starting to thin.

Live, grow, learn and better yourself. Eventually all will be well, or you'll kill yourself. Either way, peace at last.

yeah

i heard after 35 bipolar symptoms go down

I'm not bipolar though.
ADHD more likely. Mind doesn't shut up. So I know the chaos.