We'll never have another big-budget historical epic again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5FWtcorm7hA
youtu.be/UrIbxk7idYA
imdb.com/title/tt5013056/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

M-Mel will do one before the end, r-right?

Nolan is making Dunkirk

Yes we will you sperg
Good trips though

Give it up, user. He's not making the Viking movie.

Isnt he making A WWII film with andrew garfield and vince vaughn

DELETE THIS

>there will never be another Pearl Harbor

what about 9/11?

dude not all at once buddy, im feeling here

Try and find a historical epic on par with Troy that ISN'T about whites completely destroying any non-white people.

THATS why we wont get one.

youtube.com/watch?v=5FWtcorm7hA

ben hur 2016

>9/11 flick
>standing around in a tower or sitting on a plane watching mudslimes hype for imminent virgins
>epic

closest you'd come is a firefighter PoV tbqh flam

Post epics

>Rome vs. Germanic barbarians
>Rome vs. Hannibal
>Chinese vs. Other Chinese
It would be pretty easy desu

whose history are you referring to

there are so many of those already

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ty based ruskies

There is one already. It has Nicolas Cage in it.

Literally all I want is a Catherine the Great epic detailing her upbringing and intrigue that helped her seize the Russian throne, then a second half with lots of comfy 1700s battles. The problem is America hates Russia too much to do it.

>you will never be as hype for a historical movie as you were for 300
even though the movie was good the trailer was fucking incredible. I remember nearly having a fucking heart attack seeing it as a kid
youtu.be/UrIbxk7idYA

Don't worry, they are turning all those historical epics into disney capeshit type movies.

Don't remind me.

>a historical movie as you were for 300
Dumb k'on poster.

It might not the sword and sandals epic you're looking for, but there's a Nolan WWII movie with Hardy next year.

imdb.com/title/tt5013056/

>Rome vs. Hannibal
user, Hannibal lived in Italy, there is no way he wouldn't be WUZed.

In fact, he's black in some History channel show, show now, so that means he's black now.

Blacks think that Carthage was a black civilisation even though it was a Phoenician one, and the Phoenicians were a semetic people

Basically Jews.

in Homer's Odyssey the Phoenicians are described as sneaky evil-doers who kidnapped young boys, so it is possible

Some things never change.

I just want some more shit like 13th warrior. Very down to earth, brotherly viking shit.

>Blacks think

Oy gevalt.

Ben Hur Remake

Here let me fix it for you though: We'll never have another GOOD big-budget historical epic again

what about a george bush pov

this

>bale as solid
>not kurt

dropped

>Dunkirk
WWII is seriously overdone at this point

Dolan going for the Oscars

D-Day is overdone. Stalingrad is overdone. The Pacific is overdone. Dunkirk has never received a proper big-budget treatment.

WWII just isn't that interesting when you look at it, and there's way more interesting wars that no one has touched like the Franco-Prussian war that led to the formation of the German Empire.

At the end of the day it's just another WWII movie to add to the pile.

What's the point? The greatest historical epic of all time as already been made.

the thought of Mel dying before he makes one last big epic makes me sick

>Kurt Russel as Solid

Are you retarded or something. That guy is clearly going for something that can possibly be made without the need of time travel.

They had that Last Full Measure a few years ago.

Gods and Generals, right?

What's Obi-Wan doing with that umbrella?

I don't remember that part in the original trilogy.

>there will never be a good film about the Byzantine Empire

so make him Solidus or Big Boss or old Solid then, he's not even in the cast

>he thinks Alec plays Auda

Mate...

it will happen but it will be super inclusive

black romans, chinese gauls, wheelchair units with rainbow flags on the front line

> We will never get Mel's Maccabees movie

Who wouldn't want to see the Jewish version of ISIS fight against the Seleukid empire who used phalanxes and war elephants?

>we'll never have lower budget blockbusters with the focus on the writing and performances

>there will never be a major release set in Ottoman Empire

fmltbh

99% of battle are people from the same continent fighting each other

>there's way more interesting wars that no one has touched like the Franco-Prussian war that led to the formation of the German

The German film 'Bismarck' from 1941 I believe is very good, although it focuses more on Bismarck than great battle scenes

Wasn't that the last scene in "W."?

>Dunkirk has never received a proper big-budget treatment.
>The british showing how an orderly retreat should be done
>Only surviving due to german incompetence
Wew lad, i can't wait.

I would watch the shit out of a movie about the fall of Constantinople. The emperor leading his honor guard and whatever men he could muster to mount a hopeless defense against an overwhelming enemy army sacking the city.

nobody besides weebs gives a shit about Japan, and certainly not the Chinese audiences

Was it autism?

>Still no modern adaptation of the flying tigers
The John Wayne movie is pretty based but i want an updated version with modern spectacle.

China might be salty that the based ROC flag would be prominant as fuck but idgaf.

But user they we're fighting turks,that would be racist

It's still a very very well done film you utter fucking plebeian

t.weeb

Kurosawa is worse than Nolan, fans only like him because he's from japan

>we'll never get to see Alex Jones trigger the fuck out of that t*rukroach on his own show again
Well actually we probably will...

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I want a movie about Andrew Jackson and the Battle of New Orleans.

>tfw Brits were so bad at everything that they got BTFO by a madman with an army of pirates and prostitutes even though the Brits outnumbered them 10 to 1

K e k

There's a Turkish one, but it has all the visual flair of a Mexican telenovella and the acting isn't much better.

I'm not normally one to criticise movies on historical accuracy but it bothered me that they portrayed Constantine XI as a corrupt hedonist while the real guy was obsessed with temperance and celibacy after his wives both died giving birth to stillborn daughters.

>tfw Amerilards were so bad at everything they got BTFO by Vietnamese farmers with rusted cheap chinese rifles and spikepits even though they had air and naval and armoured superiority

America lost Vietnam because of politics back at home, not because of the superior military tactics of rice farmers.

This is literally coming out next month

Quality is very debatable, but it is a big-budget historical epic

And that's the same reason that America won independence, because of the political situation in Europe and at home. If we wanted to, we would have sent waves of reinforcements and blockaded the entire east coast for years and years, but then we would be vulnerable to france and spain

England lost the Battle of New Orleans because of very bad military decisions made by Cochrane. Nothing to do with politics.

Don't be so defensive, Britfriend. Both of our countries are shit now.