Why do people make fun of me for loving Led Zeppelin?

Why do people make fun of me for loving Led Zeppelin?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/black-sabbath-19700917
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>le dadrock
>le wrong generation
>le stealing blues songs (not that anyone listens to the originals)
There's nowt wrong with Led Zep, though I do consider them a bit overrated personally.

OP here. They didn't necessarily 'steal' blues songs, as they did recreate them and cover them using their hard rock, hard blues sound.

Because music nerds somehow start to believe all-time classic music is for plebs for the simple fact that that's what they started with when they started loving music. Elitism, faggotry, basically.

Zero artistic worth

Are you sure they aren't just making fun of you?

>(not that anyone listens to the originals)

But I do, and a ton of other people do. Why do you think we don't?

When you take something that's not yours without asking and then front like it's yours, that's called theft. Re-recording someone else's composition in every detail and changing a few words, then writing "Plant/Page" at the top of the page, is theft. Recreation implies that you're doing something creative. They weren't. The only times they were creative, they were writing filk about Lord of the Rings. Not really good enough, is it?

>actually listening to blues
lmao

Led Zeppelin is great, and anyone who makes fun of you for liking them is either a contrarian or elitist

No, lots of people never liked them. I never liked them. Using "music" to mean rock music is the mark of the tiny penis.

Yeah, you see, this is another good reason to hold Led Zep in derision. You valorize them but avoid real blues artists. Why should you be respected any more than people who bought Pat Boone's recording of Hound Dog?

>You valorize them but avoid real blues artists.
No contradiction involved. Blues is degenerate nigger music that needed white people to actually make it good.

All time classic music meaning in its genre, ya shit.

Also you have bad taste.

Or just a non-racist with taste who doesn't want to join a historical reenactment society for the errors of his father's generation.

if you can't appreciate led zeppelin then you do not understand the concepts of music theory

I've listened to plenty of elitist and experimental music in the past but after I tarted playing music around people and casually listening more often and come to the truth that Led Zeppelin just has a fucking awesome sound and I fucking love them.

t. every Led Zep fan

Its genre is plagiarism + druids. It's more risible than gabber, and at least gabber knows it's funny.

Whatever, you rate Led Zeppelin.

kek

>E A E B A E x16
>insert lyrics about heroin and working in cornfields
>insert pentatonic guitar solo
Yeah great taste my man

If you have friends to play music around, you're probably not going to listen to shitty elitist bullshit and like fun shit like Led Zeppelin

t. dimwit

You mean you were too desperate to make friends to be discerning? They are ideal music to turn down and talk over though, I'll give you that.

Whatever, De Klerk.

I mean also funner to listen to, I really don't want to listen to overly challenging shit like the swans while driving.

kinnda like pirating music. but this board has no issues with that and revels in doing it.

>overly challenging shit like the swans
jej

You are hanging around with retarded people.

You're right Lunacy is a total car jam who am I kidding?

So music is at its most fun when it's easiest to tune out while you do something else? I don't know you'd put music on to ignore when you can just put on chart radio.

No, not in any way, shape or form like that.

When it sounds good I like it, Led Zeppelin sounds good.

We established that you like them.

>When you take something that's not yours without asking

No one "asks" to play a public domain blues song as it is folk music and meant to be passed around from artist to artist, but otherwise you are right. Led zep dindu nuffin except write "plant/page" on the lyric sheets.

>liking led zeppelin is racist
Jesus christ.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Are you fucking autistic or something

Led pedophiles are great

Howlin' Wolf's songs weren't public domain.

Not intrinsically, but in practice, only racists tend to like them. Nobody has any excuse these days, it's as easy to hear the people they stole from as it is to hear them.

At parties full of hip young people who would never darken their shelves with a Led Zeppelin record, yes indeed.

kys

Listening to "classic music" because it's "classic", when its connection to anything fun or living is dead and gone, is as autistic as it gets. You're the autist, my mouthbreathing friend.

this is how paranoid tumblrfags are

This is another factor.

What the fuck do you mean by "darken"? That's bad to you?

I mean you would have a point if I actually said any of the shit youre saying I did but otherwise what are you even talking about

No paranoia here man, I'm not scared of racists, I just feel sorry for them. There is no legitimate reason for anyone to listen to them now. You can hear the people they ripped off in under ten seconds by Googling. Nothing is obscure anymore. If you're listening to their pallid, masturbatory rip-offs, you must have a problem with black people, or else you want to be your dad. Either way, you're tragic.

You have to be autistic to listen to Led Zep in 2017.

real, actual autism. not even trying to insult you, just go get a proper diagnosis if you haven't.

Ever heard the phrase "never darken my door"? That.

No, just someone with taste who isn't interested in listening to bad music just because previous generations didn't know better than to rate it. You couldn't insult me, you're a pleb.

nawnawnaw ... you. motherfucker. Explain why having a Led Zeppelin album would "darken" your shelf?

What the fuck is wrong with being "dark" in your eyes?

I wasn't saying you were afraid of racist, I said you were autistic for thinking everyone around you is a racist when literally nothing about them would imply that they're even remotely racist.

Or maybe this is bait and I'm the autist here for responding to this. Yeah shit that might actually be whats happening right now

I thought I didn't like music for a while.
All my friends only listened to shit like Papa Roach and then they transitioned into Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
I didn't really think I enjoyed music till I heard my brothers playing wu tang and animal collective
Then I broke off into other shit
Still dont have much love for the "classics."

holy fuck. anyone who describes THEMSELVES as having "taste" clearly has none. just as when people brag about anything, usually the opposite is true. you sound completely insufferable. i'm guessing you're a basement dwelling shut-in.
what if someone genuinely discovers led zeppelin for themselves, and enjoys it?

>The only times they were creative, they were writing filk about Lord of the Rings. Not really good enough, is it?

really? 87 recorded songs...only 2 about LOTR.

KYS

>Re-recording someone else's composition in every detail and changing a few words, then writing "Plant/Page" at the top of the page, is theft
post a blues song that LZ "stole" and also the LZ song

Zep is fucking awesome. Anyone who tells you differently is either an ignorant pleb or a try-too-hard contrarian...or both.

wow you so kewl!

Blues and folk are all about taking something and make it yours

i don't like the "hard rock" zeppelin, but i really enjoy their comfy folky songs

okay
wait guys

what if i know they're thiefs, pedophiles, and wrote bad lyrics but still like them because the music is good

did you use intellectual property without due compensation to the creators of that property?
YES.....EXACTLY LIKE THAT. anyone who pirates music has no holy ground when it comes to Led Zeppelin. sugar coat it any way you want.

They went out of their way to find blues songs that weren't folk songs, but original compositions, and stole them. If Howlin' Wolf had been white, nobody would talk about them with a straight face. They took specific arrangements of folk songs and claimed authorship of them. Black Mountain Side is just Al Stewart's slightly garbled recollection of Bert Jansch's arrangement of Blackwaterside.

It's clearly not the same thing, and even if it were, nobody is acclaimed for their torrenting skills. You admire Led Zep, disqualifying your opinion from consideration.

That kind of logic didn't work when your mom told you to apply it to bullies, and it doesn't work now.

They'll grow out of it, hopefully.

Listening to melodramatic imitiation blues by white guys when they can hear the artistically superior originals on YouTube without any of the record shop ordering, importing or crate-digging that might once have been needed means they're a racist, yes. There's no excuse.

Well this is it, you could be forgiven for thinking that music was a meme if you only heard that stuff.

I think it is because they, along with Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, Cream, and others, are the primary icons of what would become the most ubiquitous and irritatingly prevalent butt/blues rock that would set the general tone for arena and "hair" rock of the future, which would also become annoyingly ubiquitous and vapid.

Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix are spared a little bit of this hatred because they were more pioneering in this genre, and Jimi Hendrix even moreso because he is a black person. Led Zeppelin gets made fun of because they are the primary icons of vapid and ubiquitous cock rock without the benefit of being able to claim pioneer status.

Because it's like quoting your father openly in a poltical discussion.

Also, using a "rune" to "represent" you, going around bare-chested when you weigh about seven stone soaking wet, and only being able to get it up for underage girls are all traits of losers.

yes..because a woman can get "little pregnant" Intellectual Theft is Intellectual Theft. If you pirate music your no morally better then LZ.

More like The Four Losers, am I right

How many of you actually knew your fathers?

You really have no idea what your talking about. Every LZ album except the debut and the last was a #1 album. They were the first to have a Starship (full size commercial jet customized for them to travel from city to city when they were on tour.) They could consistently put more butts in seats over multi-night engagements more then any musical act during the years they were active as a band. You can say they were irrelevant all you want and it won't change a thing. They will still have their place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and United Kingdom Music hall of Fame, Their Kennedy Center Honor. The fact that the some of the under 30 year olds on this board don't appreciate their contribution to music will have no bearing what so ever on their Musical Legacy.

Everything you've just said proves my point.

I suspect you don't realize how dysfunctional you sound when you imply that not replicating our fathers' music taste must mean that we haven't been raised by them. That's not how it works, or at least, not how it should work. If your dad drilled his exact opinions into you, he was a shit father.

proves what point? I'm 57 years old and was in my teens during the years Zeppelin was an active band. I know what the average teen at the time thought of LZ and how they were received both critically and by the public. When they toured they were fronnt page news. They were on the cover of every major music publication. And don't go comparing them the Justin Bieber and how music is today. it was nothing at all similar.

>I'm 57 years old

This is honestly the worst trolling attempt I've ever seen on Sup Forums, and I've been frequenting here for 7 years.

and that refutes nothing I said. And I have been posting on Sup Forums since 2006. although, I have not been on Sup Forums for all that time.

Cool, so they were an error of your own generation, fine, no reason why later generations should follow you into that error.

Led Zeppelin IV [Atlantic, 1971]

Even more than "Stairway to Heaven", the platinum-plated album cut, the real feature here is "When The Levee Breaks", which led me into the album months after I'd stupidly dismissed it. As always, the band's medievalisms have their limits, but this is the definitive Led Zeppelin and hence heavy metal album. A-

checked
Also, if were being honest with ourselves when the levee breaks is objectively better than stairway

Now it seems like you not liking dadrock is very specifically tied up with how you relate to your father (or just the idea of fathers or parents in general). That seems weird to me.

This hack gave a B+ to In Through The Out Door, an album the band themselves have even disowned.

And as I said. What you think will not matter at all in their Musical legacy.I, I was very well versed in music during my teen years. I followed all the major musical magazines (CREEM, Hit Parader, CIRCUS, Rolling Stone, and the entertainment sections of the Sunday News Papers.). I watched most any network broadcast of music related shows (Soul Train, American Bandstand, The Midnight Special. and the musical performances on SNL I do regret I never got to see LZ live though.

Circus was actually a legitimate music publication in the 70s, by the 80s it was a joke that didn't cover anything but hair metal.

Black sabbath, Rainbow and Uriah Heep all were superior to lz
maybe LZ were more diverse and better studio artists, they still were too soft and wishy-washy

>maybe LZ were more diverse and better studio artists

I recall that Christgau said Zeppelin rarely managed to translate their studio work into listenable live music while the Rolling Stones and The Who, since they were playing glorified pub rock, became bigger and more powerful live.

CREEM and Rolling Stone were as well in 70's.
Those were the 3 big ones you'd see on the magazine racks.

because people are assholes

true, Page was a great studio musician, but was pretty much unlistenable live, inferior to both Iommi's monstrous solid riffing and Blackmore's virtuoso showmanship

Any Creem or RSM issue in the 70s was 100% totally predictable.

>Sabbath sucks
>Zeppelin sucks
>Grand Funk Railroad sucks
>here lemme slurp John Lennon and Mick Jagger's cum

Ignoring dumb Sup Forums memes aside of "muh dadrock" and "muh theft", they're just a little bland in my opinion. I was never a fan of them, though I don't hate them.

And yet they had the largest attended concert tours in the 70's even with his inferior live performances.

I don't recall ever reading either diss Sabbath.LZ, or grand Funk.. And I assume you were not alive in the 70's to have read it first hand. What is your source for what you have stated?

robert "do you eat fish?" plant

You can read all the contemporary reviews from the early 70s running Sabbath and Grand Funk into the ground. After them, prog bands were the main target of rock journalism.

rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/black-sabbath-19700917

hahahahahahahaahahahahah

Not only did that first generation of rock critics loathe Sabbath and Grand Funk and prog, but they were mostly New Yorkers and so had a bias towards artists from NYC. Dolls, Velvets, Ramones. Couldn't get enough of them.