What are your thoughts on this movie?

What are your thoughts on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's an ok movie to watch with your dad.

Girls don't get it

don't talk to me or my dad ever again

Ummmm racist and sexist much?

I'm literally looking for movies to watch with my dad, tossing up between this, pulp fiction, and fight club. Are any of those better for watching with dad, or should I just go with this? I'll watch them tomorrow anyway.

He should have died at the end. Other than that solid film.

>tfw your dad prefers Kurosawa and Kobayashi samurai flicks

White Man Savior without the Saving bit.

Tom Cruise was horrible miscast as the last samurai.

This

Probably one of my all time favorites.
Best part is the camerawork. Im a huge sucker for nice landscape shots.

Why are you so such a dumbass!? The title is implication !!! A westerner who decides to stand up for the last tribe of samurai who refuse to blend into the civilization.

Last Nigga on Earth starring Tom Hanks

White devil stealing more culture

Created alone so many weaboos that it should ve banned world-wide.

it's Avatar with Nipponeses instead of aliens and some small change

It's pretty good, but it's complete bullshit. When everyone was industrializing, the first group of people to get the most desirable jobs were the warrior classes. That happened everywhere, even in the U.S. That's why so many early president's and leaders were war heroes.

It was filmed in my hometown. Was quite an event. That's real Taranaki mud you're looking at there, bros. Never saw Tom but I did see Penelope Cruz when she visited, and Billy Connolly walked past my place several times.

But samurai didn't want to be leaders, they wanted to serve. That was their only reason to live. The Meiji restauration took away the only thing they had. They were born and bred for war.

Even an honorable death on the battlefield was denied to them.

Probably this, since pulp fiction and fight club have weird sex stuff and that might be a lil awkward (at least it would for me).

retarded white power fantasy

>last samurai is tom cruise who bangs the wife of a samurai he killed
wow way to trivialize the end of a noble caste white hollywood

It's a good, fun movie. Don't expect historical accuracy out the ass. It's a romanticized end of an era movie. Tom Cruise does a fine job, as usual.

Plural. The samurai in the title were Katsumoto an his samurai. Not Algren, as he is not a samurai. Hell, even the director said so in an interview.

Fuck, I wish I saved the link to the interview now. Someone's bound to cry out for source.

there were white samurai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

>he actually bought that bs

it's obvious they tried to marginalize japanese history by making the struggle about some tortured weeaboo who ends up being the last samurai because white media.

>one guy
and? the fuck has some random foreign consultant turned native got to do with the conversation. samurai are a japanese caste.

Whoever drew that comic has obviously never heard of manga

Thank goodness such things don't exist in real life.

The last samurai is Katsumoto you dipshit

>the fuck has some random foreign consultant turned native got to do with the conversation
It's not a 'fantasy' as you said. This stuff did happen, there was even a black samurai en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

I think your autism is showing user.

>The Last Samurai
>Starring Tom Cruise

I got a movie for you. Its called the last nigger on earth starring Tom Hanks.

> that pic

I wouldn't care at all if japs decided to make any kind of American-history movie with all Japanese actors. If they actually cared about our history anyways.

Other cultures should be grateful we find them interesting.

>He fought with the samurai?

>He IS samurai

he sure as hell didn't play a role in the extinction and last stand as samurai

dude fuck off you're too retarded for this discussion

>one niche japanese film
also this is whiteface. he's not a japanese busting in white civilization and becoming the hero and fucking white women.

manga characters are either all japanese or nonracial anime characters.

only autists here are defending this shit racist movie

whitecentric faggot okay with butchering minority history when they can see a white hero to puff up their ego

It's the ultimate weeb movie, but it's objectively good. Based ninja attack and last stand finale.

1. katsumoto is the last samurai, not cruise, who is there to make it palatable for western audiences

2. westerners were actually hired during the modernization of japan in the meiji period, whereas there were no asians in the thirteen colonies

>1. katsumoto is the last samurai, not cruise, who is there to make it palatable for western audiences
that obviously wasn't the implication and this is just more white savior bs tropes. even then they trivialize the samurai's plight by making it all revolve around some random white dude.

>there were no asians in the thirteen colonies
there was no white guy heading the last samurai either