Lads did you watch Robot Wars last night?

Lads did you watch Robot Wars last night?

For once the beeb did not fuck it up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE
youtube.com/watch?v=NkB2X3lbnGc
youtube.com/watch?v=sjbeXrs7x_I
youtube.com/watch?v=GkbAcwYix7I
youtu.be/NkB2X3lbnGc?t=89
fightingrobots.co.uk/content/23-rules-and-safety_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was pissed that Razer went out like such a bitch. It was still great though, even if I did miss Craig Charles

It was shit

Reckless driving and no improvements for razer

It was bound to happen

It was awful, Battlebots is way better.

>that team consisting of autists

are you talking about the top hat wearing twats that were in the competition "as a joke"

>miss Craig Charles
who presents it?

Dara O'Brien. Apparently, he was alot more social with the teams during filming than Craig was.

So I haven't watched it, is it just a rip off of batlebots?

does he say commence?

It's like Battlebots except no bots get damaged, it just consists of them trying to ram eachother into a hole for 3 minutes.

Nigga did you even SEE Carbide?

It was fun, I liked it.
True. And he can't really be brought back for the finals as the runner up selection either or the judges will be accused of some serious favouritism.
Dara. He's not bad, he obviously has enthusiasm for it. But it's definately not the same.

Yeah I wanted their robot to get fucked up so bad

Sounds very boring
I might check it out but batlebots has destruction and I like destruction

Why was there no constant arena cam, far too many artsy slo mo cuts mid battle

camera work was terrible

"I didn't watch past 5 minutes" the post

nuts was in like 15 pieces

The house robots weren't allowed to gratuitously mangle robots after the buzzer either which was a shame

Makes sense with the new format, if a bot gets decimated in the first match of the round robin it ruins it. Then again Carbide made that happen with Nuts so it's all good.

I'm usually against spinners

but watching carbide rip that shitty robot apart was beyond delicious

>mfw its protection fell off and carbide was going in for the second strike

I noticed the camerwork got better after the first fight, I guess they were still figuring out how to capture 4 remote controlled robots all going their own way. The slowmo's were also in the old series.

btw who /wheelybigcheese/ here?

wtf is robot wars, a battlebots rip-off?

Will we see a flipper this GOAT in the new series?

youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE

one of Nuts' microbots got sent into orbit which was pretty fun

You fuckers better be joking.

>Gets flipped into orbit
>Still drives around aimlessly for the rest of the fight as though it's punch-drunk

God I've missed Robot Wars

>mfw it was just stalking, waiting for the death hum

>mfw i am not a robot

The robots fucking suck compared to Battle Bots

Not sure if it's a budget or restriction thing but they are so tame

Battlebots contestants had a lot longer to prepare. People wanting to enter Robot Wars were only given like one month to prepare. Metorn wanted to get things rolling ASAP, regardless of how well the robots worked. Next series will be a massive improvement.

>is it just a rip off of batlebots

weaponry probably didn't get as huge a tech improvement as defense, meaning everything seems more sturdier and harder to disintegrate

wait till the prelims are over, then the shitters will filter out

I stopped watching when that stupid robot controlled by autists went through
What a fix
Also the new Sir Killalot is shit

>fucking reddit got through and razer didn't

It was edited like shit. Could barely tell what was going on. Get trying to cut to INTENSE action shots to make it satisfy ADD retards instead of providing a proper master shot and occasionally cutting like real sports.

How was it a fix? Noone told KECE to drag Razer into the put with them. In fact, this series has been more hands off than previous ones were.

you stopped watching too soon

did they change the rules here?

how does one team have cluster bots? dont they follow the rules that if any 3 is fucked all 3 lose

Don't the weapons have to be able to do damage as well? spinning with chains literally did nothing.

>tfw you will never have a threesome with angela scanlon and darcie lewis

Sad to say, but Battlebots is currently the superior show. Robot Wars need to get rid of that dry fuck announcing

Carbide is the new Hypnodisk tbqh
>It never fought Razer
>We STILL never got the Razer vs. a monster spinner fight

I'm sure there's something in the rules

maybe they can't have a combined weight of more than the weight limit

Razer will be back next season, and maybe then then they'll have seen to actually upgrade.

>well razer was pretty good last time
>we didn't improve it at all
absolute bullshit

It would be fine if razer was actually wrecked by a new bot, but it was disqualified through shitty driving

that's no way to let a legend go

Nope. Razer, in its current form, is retired. This was meant to be its swan song.

I agree that the no-room-for-error knockout element should come towards the end of the show with the points-based thing being at the beginning so you don't get anybody going home in the first five minutes. However, the only ones to blame for Razer going out were Razer and the guys who took them down.

:'(

Oh shit, I didn't know it had started back up yet.

I feel like it was 80% razer just not approaching the pitfall correctly and not accounting for their oppositions wheel being partially on the ground

but what the fuck can ya do, I'm sure it'll motivate them to make razer 2.0 XXX XTREME edition next series

Get rid of the fucking pit. It is not exciting, it is not dramatic, it does not make for good fights. If a robot goes in the pit while still functioning its a massive anti climax and a shallow victory for the other team. The pit is a fucking meme. Every fucking fight the pit was activated leading to boring slow tentative driving. Seriously fuck that pit man.
>razer going out because of a fucking meme
Fuck this show

I agree that it can make for some shit fights

but it also puts so much more emphasis on control and design, if you have a shitty ass robot which can easily get dragged around into pits then you fucked up

as the series keeps on going on the pit is probably going to be less of a problem, as the competitors realize it's serious shit

Well Ian and co are enthusiastic about the sport again thanks to Battlebots so a second Razer is possible, maybe a new robot altogether.

They could fix the pit by making it much more difficult or risky for a robot to activate. Maybe put it on the edge right next to the button?

putting it out of the way would definitely help, because it obstructs the arena so heavily and makes most victims accidental

I think generally they need to make the arena traps more deadly. Flame pits do absolutely shit all, while the drop zone and flipper can only work if the robot is already immobilised.

I dunno we've already seen some examples of bots pushing other bots pretty well, it's not actually difficult to push shit into anything

I do agree that flame pits are basically for show though, never seen them do anything

Is there any word on the previous champ Typhoon 2 coming back to defend his title or are starting from scratch?

Did anyone else feel the house robots were too pussified? I love all their designs but they never committed to doing any damage.

Flame pits melt wires and shit which could make a robot unresponsive

No.
Enough with the arena memes.
Just need an open arena. No pits. No spikes. No house robots. Just robot vs robot the best wins.There have been too many fights ruined by arena memes.

Might have been intentional, didn't want matches decided by the house robots

which is fuckin baby talk, by the way, I want to see things get shredded by dead metal not barely grazed

Fuck you i love the arena memes, i bet you are one of those fun hating no items, fox only, final destination fags

Just watch Battlebots

They also have arena memes and worst of all drone memes.

Ehhh at dis stage ehhh like or whatever right ehhh

Their memes don't do anything though. No one ever lost anew battlebots fight to arena memes

>tfw amerifats are better at coming up with wacky weapons than us
youtube.com/watch?v=NkB2X3lbnGc

Drones are dumb as hell, but you've got to admit that grapple + flamethrower combo is brilliant.

Private Browsiiiing ehh

That red one that suplexes other bots is amazing

The new series is already out?!

I heard there was going to be flying drones and stuff

Pretty sure Tombstone got caught on the spinning walls at one point and got btfo

Also posting Tombstones
youtube.com/watch?v=sjbeXrs7x_I

Fuck Tombstone, Minotaur is my boy. The hue hues know what they're doing
youtube.com/watch?v=GkbAcwYix7I

Post your rare george francis's

jesus christ that's the best flamethrower ever

Got it on iPlayer now.
Razer going out in round one was pretty wank.
Angela Scanlon was decent in the pits but could do with dressing like the old pit presenters. Dara seems way too reserved compared to how Craig Charles used to be.
The editing in the first couple of fights was nu-Top Gear levels of bad. All those cuts to the audience and super slo-mo was just plain annoying. The head to head rounds were much better.
Not sure I like having the drivers being mic'd up. Seemed like a good idea until Nuts wouldn't shut up against Behemoth. Really liking the mic'd up arena so we can hear the hits and motors.

Looking forward to later episodes when it really gets into its stride and the teams really get going.

I want Razer to get brought back just for the one builder's daughter. Wew.

Back when he wasn't ashamed of having a vagina and wanted to turn it into a cock?

razer might get back through the wildcard category, but I wouldn't want it to because it's clearly not fit for this series given it refused to improve

Carbide is basically the robot I wanted to build as a kid

They were too busy working on Warhead to even bother with Razer

Are flame throwers even allowed in Robot Wars? I can't find anywhere to read the build rules

afaik they're perfectly legal, but they're just weak as shit unless you use them right.

they are allowed but they have a ton of restrictions for safety reasons so they aren't too great as weapons, though as shown a flamethrower combined with a grapple like that is pretty strong

people just gave up on them because it takes immense control to apply it to a bot for a good amount of time

W-What flamethrower?

sorry I was quoting a video that didn't actually get linked

youtu.be/NkB2X3lbnGc?t=89

at about 1 minute 30 if it didn't embed correctly

Friendly reminder :^)

Hope he's back for Season 2 of the reboot

Godamn I would do things to that gives irish babe

All I can say about the new house robots is this...Wow, it's fucking nothing.

None of them are new

They are decently designed, problem is they seem to have some sort of ridiculous restriction on attacking other bots

They've got to be looking at Carbide with envy, they got fucked by Behemoth in extreme.

I know that, they just didn't do anything...well Shunt had his moments, but that was about it.

I wish they would release their ruleset for the show. It must be a lot stricter than Battlebots

>Complained when they always got involved and fucked people's £10k machines
>Conplained when they did fuck all
This is better, honestly. They're a hazard but shouldn't be able to put a machine out of commission entirely when they might have to compete in more matches after. Guarantee that an episode we get a final fight that doesn't end immediately we'll see the house robots fuck something up.

>Freckles down her chest

>fightingrobots.co.uk/content/23-rules-and-safety_1
Centred more around live events, but you get the idea

>freckly tash

you're right, I think the hands off approach is super important because anything else will seem biased towards one of the bots