Is this the peak of action kino?

Is this the peak of action kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ke-9n2xcUiY
youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpN0ypQuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn I miss fun and original action movies. now its just marvel and shitty super hero movies. SAD DAY

I didn't mind Reloaded. Wheelchair nigga from Oz was a bad casting choice, Zion scene went on way too long, the fight with the Smiths aged terribly, but everything else about it was intriguing and wonderful.

Revolutions was mostly bad, even if the fight with the machines was VERY well done. But there was a moment in Revolutions when Smith and Neo are running to each other in the rain in slow motion, and then it goes to normal speed when the punches start flying mano a mano... I will never forget the wave of nostalgia flooding over me as I first watched it in theaters. THAT was The Matrix to me.

>has a set of sai
>slaps them
no it's not

When I was a kid I would play this out with my action figures.

Not even the peak of Kung Fu kino

youtu.be/Ke-9n2xcUiY

how is he supposed to use them tho
i mean you can see him using the pommel to punch them so he's at least doing it half-right

niggers think because sai are pointed they're stabbing weapons.

They can be. On pressure points (not mystical bullshit, just anatomical weak spots) they can do real damage. Throat. Solar plexus. Armpit. Floating ribs, etc. You don't have to peirce the skin to do lots of damage with a small tip metal weapon.

Shit choreography. Those sai shots to the head would have sliced the guy's face in half.

you see those long curved tips on either side? Those are why sai are not stabbing weapons. They're primary function is defensive.

the complete lack of blood in this scene totally ruined my suspension of disbelief during this scene, even when I was like 12

only so much they can do under the limitations of censorship

the movie was R rated, I never understood the pg-13-esque violence

Their secondary function is stabbing shit up.

odd choice in that case seeing as how the 1st one had a fair bit of blood/otherwise disturbing features in it

They're programs they don't have to bleed.

I like that, it's like the only straightforward non-CGI fight in the two sequels.

I think they were going for a clean and sterile aesthetic for the scenes inside the Matrix, not much blood or gore.

The scenes in Zion were much bloodier, that commander who gets torn up by the sentinels in Revolutions comes to mind.

>no shaky cam action scenes

It is.

That's not the raid 2 senpai.

This is action kino

youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpN0ypQuc

Action kino peaked during John Woo's glory days. Hard Boiled and The Killer have some of the best action scenes ever made.

camerawork is surprisingly smooth for a high-octane action scene

or maybe it's just surprising since i've grown so used to shakycam

Looks horrible. Like there's no impact to any of the blows. Is this a version with postprocessing shit removed? I don't remember this fight looking that bad a decade ago.

Beautiful.

Shakycams are a plague upon movies.

It's because you're watching it without sound effects.

meant for

>no blood
>no tension because Neo is a Mary Sue
Nah man

That was a lot of hardcore stunts all in a row.

The hits feel floaty and lack impact.

>Wheelchair nigga from Oz

It's immensily funny how the actor he replaced got fired for demanding more money, though. I bet he feels just as stupid as the dropped guy who played War Machine in the first Iron Man film.

Neo uses them for that and for offense when needed. I dont think you watched the fight closely, nor do you understand that Neo is also an improviser.

>wheelchair nigga
are you referring to the operator from the first movie