Has anyone on Sup Forums had experience with the OnePlus 3t? Liking it. Bought unlocked. Charging claim is legit...

Has anyone on Sup Forums had experience with the OnePlus 3t? Liking it. Bought unlocked. Charging claim is legit. 5 volts at 4 amps is a bit crazy, but it's been a solid performer. Charged from dead to full in 40 min.

Other urls found in this thread:

rabb.it/r/yqc8hj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drains from full to empty in 4 minutes

I bought the gunmetal 128gb unit and accessory package.

Haven't had that happen... What apps are you running? Of course 4 min seems like a troll based on not owning the device. But I'll bite

Dual sim is awesome. The constant approval for every app is tiresome. But the security of it is comforting.

The OnePlus authentic cases suck. Tough to remove. But at 6 GB RAM, the unit is quick, and a pleasure to use. No weird restarts and no bloatware

I have the OP3 and I love it. Only complaints are GPS is iffy and sometimes it fucks up using Bluetooth in my car.

Love the tactile switch on the side... Silent...DND...And loud. And the ability to modify all other buttons

Their cases are fuckin easy to remove. The only issue with them is they don't protect the top or bottom edge of the phone

Haven't messed with Bluetooth...Will try now that you mention it

Anything else you recommend testing?

Yeah the bluetooth is a bit shit but otherwise great

I'm going to have to test that... Have a moto 360, that's the only bt test I have done. And it took about 6 tries at pairing to make it work. So I think your claim is valid

Came from a note 4, and it's a huge improvement

I criticize the company for the rapid change from the 3 to the 3t. But that's not my business.

How has battery life been?

It just cuts out a lot. I don't have a lot of pairing trouble, but running music over bluetooth cuts in and out a lot. Like you can accidentally block the signal with your ass on occasion

Heard the charger makes noise. Haven't experienced that yet but at 4 amps push I wouldn't doubt it

Will test... Thanks user

OP3, average to good. I'm used to shit battery life so this is a big step up. That Dash charging is no fuckin joke though. It's completely changed the way I charge my phone. Going out? Chuck it on for 15 minutes and you're good to go.

Only problem is it ONLY works with their charger and their cable. So you get regular charging if you break either of those. Not that 5V 2A isn't bad. Just standard

It's just coil whine. Most chargers do it at some point. Some people get it when charging, others have the opposite. Either way it's not a huge deal. Happens to a shitton of electronics, even nice chargers

I agree, it changes how you handle your phone. This 30 min charging business is foreign to me... But it works. Literally, throw it on the charger in the time I have available and I'm solid for the day. I do like that. That said, every app asking for permission is tiresome.

the charger for my 3DS whines too, its pretty common really.

Thanks!

Hey guys come watch Black Mirror with us! I will be streaming it from Netflix.

rabb.it/r/yqc8hj

Heard from numerous reviews that the resolution is terrible. Haven't found that is the case. It suits my eyes. It has decent optical clarity. It's not 4k... But battery life to expectation of a phone is solid

That's just a feature from Android Marshmallow and up. I was under the impression most new phones did that. Kinda fucks me off actually, I liked having real granular permissions (root), but the new system is vague and won't let you revoke stuff that isn't camera, storage etc.

Elaborate? Are we talking about application specific permissions?

I found that it asked me to grant permissions to every single application.

Yeah. When you install a new app (and I'm guessing using the system ones for the first time) it asks you if it can have access to your phone, storage, camera, mic, whatever. Which is slightly different than when you used to install apps and it'd just accept by default when you installed. Apparently it's kinda like how iOS does it.

Shit sucks. But anything running Nougat will probably do it

Which is fair. We are in a legal war zone these days. I think I'm okay with being asked on a granular basis versus blanket acceptance

It's a pita, but I'm okay with not being in an ongoing legal mess. We lose rights every day.

Any other questions OP? I feel you, when I get phones I need to know like fuckin EVERYTHING