So they have an entire Galaxy to tell stories in, but

So they have an entire Galaxy to tell stories in, but...

>Death Star movie
>Han Solo movie
>Boba Fett movie (rumored)
>Obi-Wan movie (rumored)

I mean come on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4
youtube.com/watch?v=JUafi3EWBY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>That rumor of Zack Snyder directing a Seven Sanurai inspired Jedi movie wasn't true.

Phew

Star wars has always been about the same set of characters and families.

They even changed the name from Star wars to Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope

They may have an entire galaxy to tell stories in, but not an entire galaxy of talented individuals getting hired to tell these stories.

And they never, ever will.

I want a Thrawn movie where they portray him as a historical figure, almost like a biopic

They didn't even cast Anthony Ingruber as Solo but some dude who doesn't even slightly resemble Ford or sound like him, why live youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

I think it highlights a lack of confidence induced by the bad reception of the prequels, because so much was different in those films. The feeling of "Star Wars" is defined by the stuff that happened in the original first three films. They can try to emulate that feeling with these new movies, but there's a chance they could fail, so it's safer to not only try to emulate the feeling, but to stay restricted to the literal events and characters of those movies. That way they can guarantee the audience will be convinced that it is Star Wars, since everything they see on screen will be so familiar.

Just look at The Force Awakens, not only is it set in the same world, it basically IS A New Hope. They were terrified to take any wrong steps. Likewise, by the looks of it, Rogue One is literally an exercise in recreating a lot of the actual stuff from A New Hope.

The "Star Wars Archaeology" panel at Star Wars celebration was very interesting:
youtube.com/watch?v=JUafi3EWBY8

i'm interested in the Obi-Wan movie if it has Ewan

star wars is dead.

Hollywood is dying
viva las amigos

Definitely, he is a great actor and has always had his shit together.

I do have thr unpopular opinion that I would want to see Hayden returning too. Imagine him making a complete 180 performance compared to ROTS with a different script and director

That guy is uncanny, but they must have had a good reason not to use him, maybe he can spew out the lines from the movie but isn't so good at making acting decisions for himself, like he wouldn't know what to do with new material.

bring back the plank. omg think of the top level keks.

>make webm that only features still images
>computer slows to a fucking crawl
What the fuck this took forever to render, I think my PC is dying.

Nothing really happens in the galaxy in the Prequels to the Sequels timeframe that doesn't involve the Skywalkers & friends in some way.

Total horseshit

What am I looking at here exactly?

what are filenames

Yea! Why don't they make a movie about how Boba Fett isn't just a competent gruff no nonsense bounty hunter but is actually the warrior king from a warrior planet of Boba Fetts who all dress and act exactly like Boba Fetts and act as a planet of ultra badass mercenaries powerful enough to destroy the Jedi?

Oh wait because that's fucking retarded and the EU is trash.

a New Hope footage over ESB?

Is this remaster material or something?

No you dumbass.

It's the CGI Star Destroyer built for Rogue One, based on the Star Destroyer from A New Hope, compared against footage from Empire Strikes Back to see how well it holds up.

Cool, no need to be such a meanie user

They used him once before in the film "The Age of Adaline" to play young Harrison Ford.

Maybe they don't want to re-use him or think he's not good enough for the role.

Ah wait, I can get that bigger

Are you sure? I needed to beat you over the head with a description of it.

Comics and video games sometimes do get it right though.

Because the first movies to start a trend has to do well to justify continuing it, and using brand recognition is a definite way to attract people.

If it was set in the ass end of nowhere with no connection to the main series, it would have to have some exceptional marketing in order to get more than just die hard fans interested.
It's the same reason the Marvel movies didn't expand into the literally whos until they had a grounded base.

If the fursr few do well, I'd be amazed if we didn't see some Old Republic material on the way

The prequels still relied a lot on the imagery of the original trilogy, but I agree that what Lucas did to push the series further was sacrificed at the altar of bad dialogue and poor characterization.

Would it be titled Bold One? Or Obi One and reveal he was a clone of the real Ben Kenobi?

This makes sense, but I'm still mad.

Case in point: X-Wing Alliance. Everything a side-story should be. Unknown characters with their own stakes; relatively small tie-in with one of the major recognizable events in the universe.