Tell your honest opinion on this guy

tell your honest opinion on this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vmb1tqYqyII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Personally I think hes a snake.

Theres something about him that just seems really slimey; like he'd sell out his best friend for a chance to climb one more step up the ladder. I don't like the guy.

He isn't really very funny either

Revolutionary.

He was funny as shit 10-15 years ago.

Now he's just a washed edgelord who thinks "DUDE GOD ISN'T REAL" is a valid form of comedy.

>DUDE RELIGION LMAO

He's an ass. A smarmy self righteous git who's trying his best to stay relevant despite not really being that funny.

washed *up

Without Merchant he's a one trick pony, although with Merchant he's only half of a better, funnier one trick pony.
His stand-up is only ok.

His shtick got old fast

without gervais, smerch is a 0.5 trick pony

>I'm such a dork, I'm so bad with women!

only worked when he wasn't a millionare

nothing with out merchant and pilkington

I agree.

I like when he takes the piss out of award shows but that's about it. The rest is all run-of-the-mill atheist shti.

The Seth Rogan of the UK.

He had one or two good roles and is now just an opinionated twat.

Is this humour? Every talk show he is on he shows these pictures and they all laugh. A bit old now frankly. Was it ever funny?

This kind of shit is hilarious to baby boomers.

Seriously, how do you think Chewbacca Mom got so big (besides Wendy's Triple Cheeseburgers)?

>Working class guy who managed to penetrate the highly upper class world of British tv with a sitcom that captured the zeitgeist perfectly
>highly charismatic
>infectious laughter
>pseudo intellectual smugness
>was beaten by Karl Pilkington more times than he'd admit
>Steve Merchant (middle-middle class) helped filter and refine his ideas.
>attached his name to Karl's travel show for no reason other than ego
>Hurt Steve Merchant by not inviting him to hobknob with David Bowie and Johnathon Ross
>Le "science fuk yeah" memer
>not afraid to speak his mind
>has an inferiority complex about the UK compared to USA, and aspirationally sets his films in New York
>all in all, funny guy would have a pint with, but would probably brush me off.

So he's Sup Forums?

That's probably because he did. I find the whole Ricky Gervais show fascinating if you listen to it from the XFM (especially season 0) onwards to the podcast. Gervais and Merchant were pretty decent friends at the beginning but as time goes on you notice Gervais starts to gravitate around Karl. Fact is he found a new plaything and Steve was left out in the cold

>Working class guy
Don't be stupid, he went to a good university.

The Office is god-tier, and he's been falling hard since. Not been funny for at least 5 years.

Does he ever give Merchant credit for creating The Office with him?

Just look that the rubbish Ricky has done on his own. Derek was a total piece of shit. Ricky is a good actor, but Steve is clearly the ideas man

>mfw literally no one of any importance will work with him anymore because he's a massive prick

this man is look very arrogant :/

not funny
massively overrated

The Office is one of the greatest shows ever but Gervais has essentially become David Brent in his attempts to maintain fame. He and Stephen Merchant need to reconnect and work on something new, because the new David Brent flick looks horrible.

He's a massive knob head.

greasy yurocuck

This

It says a lot about the quality of The Office that I still love it and his portrayal despite him being an insufferable tool ever since

The American's did it better.

He's edgy and loves elephants.

University was free till 1998.

US Office is a generic sitcom.

Ricky is obnoxious, it's in his nature. But I think he's genuinely a good person, and funny too.

okay? it's still better

youtube.com/watch?v=Vmb1tqYqyII

Of course he does you fuckwit. Are you stupid?

he's funny and pretty intelligent but I don't like how he talks to Karl sometimes.

Ricky GerGAYis detected

You caught me faggot. Enjoy being a poor cunt

A grown man sat around making "Mong Faces" on Twitter and then acting like a school boy trying to worm his way out of it when people said it was a bit mean for a grown man to spend his time making fun of retarded kids.

Didn't even have the balls to stand up for the puerile shit he thought was funny.
>"Oh I wasn't really making fun of Mongs when I kept posting tweets about my Mong Face over and over again, I'm actually a really nice guy by the way buy my DVD. Kindness is Magic!!!"

Great principles from the man who trots out tired shit like "You have to be able to joke about everything! It's free speech!" every single interview and yet won't even stand behind his own hack comedy in the face of criticism.

One of the great intellectuals of our time.

seems okay but tries way too hard to be edgy.

Definition of cunt

You still needed to be very intelligent and academically minded to get into UCL.

I've listened to those shows at least five times and the shifting friendships angle is fascinating. I think that Ricky and Steve had a sort of agreement that because they work together they didn't necessarily have to be best mates, but you can still sense this underlying tension throughout the series

>That time when Ricky didn't invite Steve to his Birthday party
>That time when Steve tries to make Karl realise that Ricky is goading on the two if them fighting, but Karl turns on a weakened Steve viciously with a crack about his looks
>How Ricky is rarely ever the butt of jokes (maybe once or twice the entire run)
>Steve being upset that he didn't get to go see David Bowie
>Steve being jealous of Ricky and Johnathon Ross's friendship
>Steve calling Karl's dad scum.
>Steve punching Karl on air
>Steve not being in Idiot Abroad 2 and no one mentioning it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>british "humoUr"

>>Steve not being in Idiot Abroad 2 and no one mentioning it.
Yeah he was, he was in the final episode of season 2 taking the piss out of Karl when he got a prostate exam

I think he turned into what he always complained against when he went to the USA in 2010-ish

started pandering to them and got a new audience which was easier, decided that his high and mighty "we just musn't" didn't matter anymore

this new brent movie is an embarrasment

also he's getting properly old, looks horrid without the TV makeup

there's likely been a falling out or something between him and steve, but it also may be that Steve asked him to stop talking about him so he could try and make it solo instead of being the sidekick

karl's made his money and realised that he doesn't need either of them if he wanted to do anything else so he's done. he still keeps in touch with steve very seldom

steve texted him a picture of the bald shave for the wolverine movie, I thought that was cute

I really can't stand him, douchebag, unfunny, UNintentionally cringe

the constant atheist remarks

the constant free speech remarks

the constant moaning on twitter, hunting down someone who said he was dumb and broadcasting them to his millions of followers (actively searching his name for people to hound)

very cringey behaviour for a millionaire 50s man

BOTSWANA

What is wrong with Ricky fans?

>tell your honest opinion on this guy

A person who actually has some talent and intelligence way deep down, which is unfortunately obscured to the point of obliteration behind an insecurity so massive that a whole new branch of science could be founded to study it.

HIS LAUGH is hilarious