Was he a misunderstood genius? If not, how did he get so big?

Was he a misunderstood genius? If not, how did he get so big?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwfYshZAW5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gets upset at something as innocuous as Twenty One Pilots
>guaranteed to have zero problems outside of annoying sister or too much problems that he's seriously considering suicide

Cool voice, dumb lyrics, good melodies with the perfect nu-metal guitarist and nice rhythm section.

He was at the good place at the good time.

He resonated with meatheads and white trash at the time.

no just another dumb nigga wannabe

> thinking he will be understood in our lifetime
> thinking human brain is capable of understanding his music

>CHOCOLATE STARFISH

what did he mean by this?

Do y'all remember when white trash music was still a thing? As late as the 00s there was stuff for lower class white people that didn't mostly listen to hip hop. It was even marketed with the idea that people out of their 20s could listen to it. Stuff Hinder and other post grunge, nu metal for the wiggery types, and some Country. Most of it was crap in the same way most crunk was crap. But there were a few diamonds in the rough. Now everything has to have somewhat of a mass appeal and is specificity targeted at teens and early 20 somethings. Even bro country is designed to be marketed for outside of the south to urban teens. I feel like that stuff died after the recession. I thought it'd comeback after the economy got better, but popular music has been heading towards that mass appeal, extremely young demographic since. Anyone else notice?

>ALRI PARTNUH KEEP ON ROLLIN BAYBUH YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

He got big because limp bizkit is secretly funded by wwf to write shitty crappy wrestling music for the masses

this

fred has a good voice, wes is an amazing guitarist (easily breaches top 20 of all time) and lethal is a great sound engineer. the other two bring it all together. also i refuse to believe fred isn't being at least a little post-ironic.

>also i refuse to believe fred isn't being at least a little post-ironic.

What year were you born? You clearly weren't around for the late 90s/early 00s if you believe this.

Limb Bizkit's cover of Faith is better than the original.

Same could be said for Marilyn Manson
Hell WWF ruined the Beautiful People for me cause I heard is so many times.

>easily breaches top 20 of all time

also i refuse to believe user isn't being at least a little post-ironic

What's not to get? The late 90's and 00's were extremely different, I'm sorry you weren't alive to experience it.

t. shit taste half deaf atmoshitter

youtube.com/watch?v=bwfYshZAW5s

hell yea that's the good shit right there

it's the only good track they ever made

I didn't live around the white trash and what not, but I did notice crunk dying out (thank god) and being replaced by the shameless teenage pandering by the Chainsmokers and other shitty groups.

GOLDEN COBRA

Limp Bizkit was and still is a fun band to listen to with the perfect nu-metal groove. I also believe that, at least today, Fred is self aware and ironic.
He's also really sad now and says no one cares about their music anymore, which makes me mad, because I want the god damn Disco Elephants!

>meatheads
Wtf

I've known one guy that actually listened to them. I hope he dies in a fire. Limp Bizkit had nothing to do with it though. He was just an asshat.

That might have been me. I'm trying to get better, and I still like limp bizkit.

>, how did he get so big?
The early 2000s were a dark time for music, user.

>The early 2000s were a dark time for music
We need to stop this meme

but hol

early 2000s? no. 1998-2000? maybe

Unquestionable Truth is easily their best release.

>Was he a misunderstood genius?
No
>if not, how did he get so big?
He just knew the right people. Wasn't he Jonathon Davis's tattoo artist?

JUST ONE MORE FIGHT

You guys ever see the MTV awards performance of The Real Slim Shady where he mentions the Carson Daly and Fred Durst line, he then gives daps to Carson but totally just ignores Fred.

I found it hilarious how Fred has this big smile on his face thirsty for Em's approval.

I remember Creed and thats about it

Nu metal was a piss take

Wes Borland leaving Limp Bizkit is what actually killed nu-metal.

Had he stayed, Bizkit probably would have released their followup to Starfish in 2002 and it would have been huge.

Instead, their next one didn't come out till 2003, it fucking sucked and that was that.