A 3rd grader gets detention because he shared his food with another student who was starving...

A 3rd grader gets detention because he shared his food with another student who was starving. Is this really the American education system at work? Punishing kids for helping one another?

I'm tempted to call the school to question their morality.

I was curious as to why they would give detention for such a victimless crime and someone said that it's because the school charges for food. Kids who can't pay for food are notoriously harassed by staff until their parents pay for school food. That kid is effectively making the school make less money in their view.

Anyways, I hope this thread gets somewhere.

Address: 71 Wolcott Rd, West Hartford, CT 06110, USA
Phone: 8605612300

They're not to share food because of potentially fatal food allergies, you shit-stirring faggot.

the other child may of had a food allergy. Do not be so quick to anger

bump

>Thinking that this is a moral judgement.

Does it ever hurt to be such a brain washed conformist?

Don't you think the school could just talk to the child about the dangers of allergies without throwing the book at him?

At the child's age he is unlikely to retain the information and or make a life threatening mistake.

At least the parent afused to sign...

It still is absurd. Children know what they can eat and what they can't. If you don't tell a kid about its allergies, you're a moron anyways.

This is just normal social behaviour

Sure they could just talk about it.
Sure works 100% of the time when the talk is about gun safety.
Regardless of the topic, the kid deserves detention for disobedience.

ZERO TOLERANCE

This is to avoid incidents of children eating food they are allergic to. They don't want to have children make the decisions of whether or not certain food is okay for certain people.

Taking the slip notes at face value it says that the kid knew this was the rule and he violated it anyway.

It's a failure of the school that someone would go hungry but you don't want to know how much a school can be sued for if a child gets hospitalized because someone gave him a peanut butter jelly sandwich.

I wouldn't go as far as detention but I understand the "no sharing food" rule. Worked at a school, parent brought in cake & they didn't know had strawberries in it, one kid had a serious reaction to it. Now if parent wants to bring in shit, it has to be approved. Since we can't inspect all the lunches the kids bring to school, there's a no sharing policy. Again, detention is a little harsh but I understand where the school is coming from. I know it sounds fucked up but it is that it is. The school should provide something for then if they have no money. They give kids sandwiches for lunch at my work if they don't have money or if their account runs out.

Granted they over reacted, but I did the same thing to a friend in fourth grade and he swelled up because I gave him a nutragrain bar. He was gluten intolerant or something.

>throw the book at him
He got a 1 hour "detention". This is the equivalent of being put in time out.

You can tell from his refusal to sign, the boy wasn't about to listen to them talk about food allergies, at least at the time of discipline.

Schools don't "harass" students until they buy food. They insist that children eat food because they don't want their students starving. It's part of their responsibilities to contact child protective services if they have to, which they absolutely do not want to do btw. So yes, they will insist the student either packs a lunch of buys a lunch, many schools also have poor people lunch programs that reduce the price to like 20c a meal. There's really no excuse for a starving kid in an american school to begin with besides shitty parenting.

>hey little billy johny here has an peanut allergy
>that means that if johny eats something with peanuts he will get really really sick
are american children too retarded to understand such things? fuck me i remember back in kindergarten when exactly this happened and miraculously the children were able to remember it

HOW DID WE SURVIVE TILL NOW WITHOUT THESE FASCIST TEACHERS
>THANK YOU PROF HITLER

natural selection at work

that´s an ugly R i think

"Children know what they can eat and what they can't."
Does it ever hurt you being such an empty-headed blowhard?
Of course you tell the kids about allergies.
And you make rules to help prevent accidents.
OP is a faggot.

>You can tell from his refusal to sign,
That's the parent signature numbnuts.

>Regardless of the topic, the kid deserves detention for disobedience.
This board is full-blown retarded any more

this kid is a victim of an oppressive system and I applaud the parent to stand by their kid's side in that defining moment. kid probably learned more from that experience than on any day of being hammered the school's shit into their head.

yes you make rules to prevent accidents
ie don´t give stuff that people are allergic to, to people who are allergic to these things

Are you retarded? Kids can't remember what shoe goes on what foot. You think they're going to remember 100s of kids food alergies?

Considering the potential for fatal disaster here what do you think would be the best solution for disciplining the child and not hurting his little snowflake feelings are taking up an hour of his time?

>At the child's age he is unlikely to retain the information a
So you agree detention is retarded because the kid is too young to understand? Or are only kids with allergies too young to understand

>little snowflake feelings
>little kid
why do newfags have to throw buzzwords around into everything?
>my kids a cuck
>that dog bit me, what a shill

Yes and no. It sux, but is 1 hour that bad for detention? I'm not sure what the best punishment should be, or even who to punish.

Parent-teacher conference

OP, you lying faggot you know nothing about this situation other than the picture you have.
Faggot, because it makes your story better, you imagine that the kid that received the Lunchable was starving.
I heard the kid was actually dying of cancer and that it was his Make-A-Wish Foundation wish to receive a Lunchable from this kid he desperately wanted to make friends with before he died.
Then the poor starving dying cancer kid went home and killed himself because he got his new best friend in such trouble.

>snowflake
>five year old
Jesus christ this is some harcore shitposting user. did the kid trigger you?

I suppose a list of do not pack foods for the parents would be the best solution. I doubt the kid is packing his own food. Maybe coupled with a gentle but firm explanation to the kid why it not allowed.

ok i guess the children you are around are retarded

are the kids unable to tell someone that they can´t eat peanuts?
after all if someone offers me something i am allergic to i will say "no thanks i can´t eat that cause i blow up like a blowfish"

Call the local news!!!

>the other child may of had a food allergy
>may of

Perhaps you should sit in on a few of the third grade lessons with that child.

Actually yes, at that age they are unable to form sentences with correct structure.

That'll take time to arrange. Disciplinary action must be Swift and definite, so Junior is less inclined to black ops more Lunchables in the meantime.
What fucking difference does this school's "no food sharing" policy make to you, anyhow? Fuck those kids.

Didn't you know the new American way isn't helping others, it's only helping yourself?
For real though, that's fucked up. Just teach your kids to always help some one in need so they don't grow up like most Americans.

Education industry shills pls go

How about we make the school policy that all children must be allergy tested and those that are allergic to certain foods must wear a little star of David to show that they are allergic to certain foods and different colors on the points of the Stars could indicate which foods they are allergic to?
Or we could just have no food sharing policy.

kek

or we could leave it up to the parents/children to tell others about their garbage bodies

Then the school should have a policy that allows the lod to get food without having to pay the exorbitant school lunch prices (now well above $15 a meal)

fuck off russian shill

You don't simply help the starving by giving them your food. You can guide the to, or bring awareness of their situation to, other individuals or institutions that are equipped and dedicated to serving their needs.
Course in the case of third-graders you just don't let them share their fucking food.

I bet you're a fedor tipping faggot, too. I wish the world would end, so all the faggots, niggers, and Atheist like you fucking dissapear forever. Because that's what happens when you die, you await judgement, and it very clear that not all souls get to come back. So your atheist view of the afterlife will be true, for you at least. There is no hell. Fuck assholes and suck satan's dick, it will be fine for you.

>(now well above $15 a meal)

Motherfucker, I knew how to play duck hunt when I was 3 years old. He can remember the shit.

So the next time you're not feeling well I should inject you with whatever I can because I'm trying to help you?

That's disgusting behavior. It always amazes me how the US continues to fall.

That's pathetic, and so are you.

Satan trembles at the whisper of my name, and shits upon sight of my shadow.

There was zero logic behind that

>inject
for fucks sake we are talking about sharing food not needles

fucking typical to assume this happened in the US
I bet you're a eurocuck

Nice b8 m8

this is low quality b8

You're the kid who got in trouble for sharing the Lunchables, aren't you.

How do people even survive without this amount of supervision?

You also do realise:
a) kids with food allergies are not dogs, but know what to eat and what not.
b) don't drop dead in 1 ms, if they eat whatever it is

share my lunch, share my country, share my asshole

The kid did the right thing, shouldn't be punished. However, schools have these rules in place and enforce them because of liability issues. Suppose the kid had some sort of allergic reaction to the food he was given, perhaps even a fatal reaction. I know it sounds far fetched, but it has happened. The result would be an enormous lawsuit, which the school district would probably lose. They aren't being fascists and trying to deprive kids of food, or punish children for doing good deeds, they're trying to cover their ass from lawsuits

This looks like the third grader filled it out himself

that's what the healthcare system does

If a kid oblivious to the consequences of sharing food that someone else is allergic to shares said food because he's trying to help the "starving", he may kill that person he is sharing with.
If I see that you're sick and need medical attention I should inject you with some sort of antibiotic regardless of whether or not you're allergic to penicillin.
I mean, I want to make you better. That's what matters, right? It doesn't matter that I might unwittingly kill you or that there are rules against me injecting you with Pharmaceuticals because all that really matters is I want to help.

all people with a food allergy should be killed to remove them from the gene pool.

Lol I had a buddy thay got suspension he was giving out paint balls and tell the tards it was gum we loled so hard as thay bit donw on the things and. Stated to spit paint allover the place

Fuck outta here telling me your mad my kid shared his food the teachers should have had a better eye on the students then they should get a detention not a 3rd grader who only knows nothing atvall like etf we let these people come teach our kids who are these people even like what are they thinking how are they trying to project our kids life in a direction like that see what im saying

No just shut up

>tips fedor

I got where you were coming from, it was just a dumb point. Food definitely isn't in the same realm of mystery syringes and a kid should know by third grade what he can and can't eat.

You are too fucking ignorant to try to reason with, but I'll try.
At what stage do you think children become aware of what is edible and what is not? Why do you think there are such devices as childproof caps for pharmaceuticals, medicines, and cleaning products?
Anaphylactic shock can close off an airway in a matter of seconds.

Do your self and or kid a favor home shool him be for he calls one a bitch and ends up geting detailed for like 5 months before being placed in a group home

I heard the kid who was caught chewing on a (used) condom in the playground was allergic to latex.

Yes but they're licensed professionals I'm just the kid that sits next to you in class

At what stage do you think children become aware of what is edible and what is not? Why do you think there are such devices as childproof caps for pharmaceuticals, medicines, and cleaning products?
Anaphylactic shock can close off an airway in a matter of seconds.

>I afused to sign

What did they mean by this?

Food can be just as dangerous as meds. And people react differently to both. So, while it is sad that it comes to this, we must teach our children not to share foods at that age.
And in cases like this, detention is the price for breaking the rule.

Quit being retarded and talking about drugs. My sister is in kindergarten faggot and knows what she can and can't do and what she likes and doesn't like. So pretty fucking early

This is a third grader. Not a preschool child.
Do you think someone who can read doesn't know that he has a food allergy?
Why is the kid sharing food to blame?

>can close
>can
Totally depends on how bad the allergy is.
Just because SOME kids have crazy allergies ALL kids should not share food anymore?
That's so dumb it hurts.
I don't even know how previous generations survived.

It means they refused to sign

Maybe she's not allergic to any foods. Maybe she is an hasn't ingested any yet. I hope her first near-death experience of anaphylactic shock is in reaction to the peanut butter sandwich you make for her.

That won't happen. She can eat peanut butter. We know that because we've done an efficient job keeping her alive for over 5 years

i severely doubt that that kid came up and started to push the food into the other kids mouth

so if you are so nice as to worry about my well being and offer me a pharmaceutical injection i will gladly say no thank you

OK, Stupie.
Yes, because some kids have allergies to Foods no kid should be allowed to share at school, it's called Public Health. It's also called minimalizing liability for the schools.
Thank goodness you'll never have children

The school would provide food for the student; if needed. Teachers always keep extra snacks in the classroom, and american schools sell lunches. The reason this is an issue is because of weak amercian kids and food allergies.

Sharing food is NOT allowed with young children, because many of them are too young to recognize a food item that they are allergic to. This "rule" is thoroughly explained to students throughout the year. Good detention, fuck that kid.

got any pics of her?

Maybe it's seafood.
I guess you probably already found out she's not allergic to your semen either.

lol. Good game user.

>foods

>young children
>3rd grade
damn they are supposed to speak a second language at that age not be too dumb to not see what they can eat safely

You seriously don't comprehend the base moral lessons rules like this teach children.

>Public Health
In other countries something to do with heal care, in the US it's not being allowed to share food.
Ok.
>Thank goodness you'll never have children
Guess that's the only way. Otherwise I'd have to teach them not to eat food they're allergic to.
Goddamit Germany, why won't you raise my kids for me? :'(

OK, change the scenario to we're friends we work together you're really sick with the flu or something and I give you the antibiotics that I didn't take last time I was sick so that you don't have to spend money you don't have maybe you're rich I don't know I don't care we're pretending here) to a doctor who was just going to prescribe you antibiotics anyway right? And you take them willingly.

>spend the money
>antibiotics against flu
>taking meds without looking up side effects
USA! USA!

So in other words "let's talk about a completely different situation and try to somehow relate it to the specific one that we started with so I can prove myself right in my mind"

Schools don't even need a lunch break

holy shit.

>law document for detention

fucking america