How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
anydice.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1/3

Sixteen brains are soaking in a bathtub full of urine.

What's the probability that one of them is smarter than you?

25%.
Easy.

What that guy said.

this

0.5*0.5 = 0.25

>basic statistics
>indication of intelligence
>LOL

On landed heads.
There is 50% possibility that the other one will also fal flat
Right?

50/50

The one is already heads and will always be heads as the question states it's heads.

You are just flipping one coin. So 50/50

Wrong.

At least one landed heads. Could be either coin. Could be both.

>The one is already heads and will always be heads as the question states it's heads.

Wrong. At least one is heads. Could be either coin, meaning either coin could be tails, just not both at the same time.

>You are just flipping one coin. So 50/50
Wrong. 2 coins were flipped. At least 1 landed heads. 3 equally likely ways to get at least 1 heads.

1/3 is the correct answer.

I thought it was suppose to be 49/50 with a 1% chance to land on the edge of the coin.

-0 because nothing ever works out for you user, and you know this. You're not included in any parties and you've only an imaginary girlfriend, who Tyrone is probably with right now as we speak.

1/3

What if the coins were irregular. Would the answer change?

oh look an idiot.

1 is always heads. It doesn't matter if it's been flipped or not the outcome is heads.

Coin - Coin
Heads - Unknown

There is only one unknown. You flip for that unknown as one is certainly heads.

It is 50 50 as there is one unknown and the outcome is half the possible outcomes.

This.
Given that one of them is heads, the coins could land either:

TH, HT, or HH.

One out of three of those is two heads. Try harder

This.

Mathematical statistics 101, welcome to elementary school kids.

Some Jew stole my coins. I can't answer the question

Or, to look at it another way.

There are four possible outcomes:

TT, HT, TH or HH.

So HH has a 1/4 chance of being right. But OP has stated that it is NOT TT. So we can discount that. Which leaves us with 1/3.

1/2 or 1/3 depending on how you take the question/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox

>Coin - Coin
>Heads - Unknown
>There is only one unknown.

You really shouldn't call other people idiots when you can't do basic conditional probability.

Here are all possible and equally likely outcomes containing at least 1 heads coin.

coin1 - coin2
Heads - Heads
Heads - Tails
Tails - Heads

All 3 contain at least 1 heads. All 3 are equally likely. Both heads is 1 of those 3

1 of 3

1/3

BTFO

Always 50/50.

Use a probability calculator
anydice.com/

Shit, I had this in statistics a year ago

technically not true it has like a 51/49 chance favoring the side that was facing up during casting

1/2 or 1/3 depending on how you SUBJECTIVELY interpret the question posed.

I fucking hate this place and all younatupid shits in it.

Next you'll be trying to tell me that it's possible for minorities to be racist towards whites.

Assuming one coin will always flip Heads. The other coin will have 50/50. Depending on which country's coin the head side might be heavier, the newer coins with Queen Elizabeth on it have a higher chance of landing on tails because her face is slightly heavier. But the percentage it actually effects is too hard to find out.

>Assuming one coin will always flip Heads.

Why would you assume that?

this

>How smart is Sup Forums?

yes

Because its in the fucking picture?

TWO COINS WERE FLIPPED. ONLY ONE WAS HEADS! THE OTHER WAS TAILS!

ITS 0% FFS!

50%
1 already landed heads that means that there only 1 coin with 2 sides that means 50/50 chance of heads and having 2 heads.

What are we figuring in for probability of the coin landing on its edge and registering neither a head or a tail?

Are you trolling or retarded?

No. At least one landed heads out of a 2 coin flip. There are 3 outcomes which satisfy this condition.

HH
HT
TH

1/3

That probability is so low that it is negligible.