Be me, 18

>be me, 18
>raised mormon
>realized my families cultish religion is a joke at 14, around the time i started on this shitty site
ask me anything Sup Forumsros

ill also answer about what they believe and shit

no need to ask, you are just a cute sad joke

Non-Mormon Utahn here. Love Mormons, hate Mormonism; they're always so nice but their belief system is manipulative and sinister

How's it feel being free?

thanks

It's your family pressuring you to go on a mission?

haha not free, actually going to byu to get my degree without having to take out a loan or worry about that shit, once i get that im outie

how old is your ass nowdays then?

Stay strong then. Don't get pulled back in

Looking into other denominations?

they could, and i put my papers in but if i get sent english speaking i wont go and just dip community college

>still 18
babyfag

fuckno.exe

ok.. hmm, do you live in salt lake city?

First things first
Glad to hear you have broken out of the mental chains of mormonism. That is a good thing.
Honestly mormonism nearly gives scientology a good name.
But i digress.

So. What was the first "nail in the coffin" for you as far as breaking the mental chains that bound you, and what was the last?

Please. Tell us your story.
I actually really do want to know.

Be careful, dude. Four years of faking it at at BYU will be one of the hardest things you ever do. I went to UofU and knew far too many BYU dropouts who couldn't keep up the charade for so long.

currently in rexburg, byui came from nyc
will deliver on full story, kind of mind shattering
i know, ive been in deep for four years now. it fucks with your head

This.
Seriously.
This.
And please please please dont meet s nice mormon girl that wins your heart and re enslaves your mind.
I have heard that they actually use their women to lure new blood into mormonism.

>be me, child
>upper middle class aryian cuckchild, eldest child
>parents married young, early college young
>nomoney.jpeg
>3hours church every sunday, make a day of it every time
>families can be togeather forever, eternal life, the works
>pretty much raise myself as both their jobs consume thier time so i just wonder the neighborhood and shit
>divorce at 14 after adopting 3 sibiling
>dont tell us for 2 years
>kids currently falling apart
>gottakeepthatimage.wav
>dont really care at this point, just want to fuck as many morminos as i can over before i dip

>fucking clarify
my three younger sibilings were adopted before divorce, mom knocked up while still in school by dads birthday sex
it wasnt the shittiest plate to be handed but the irresponsibility of it is annoying

congratulations, you're in the same boat with a lot of people who aren't retarded.
religion is dumb

the state of potatoes is populated by walking potatoes

Same. Also born n' raised Utah Momo
I find this an exaggeration, but it depends on the major or how far in you are..., also how sensitive and angry you choose to be.
>woke up after all religious credits were done

agreed with the exaggeration, as long as you have some degree of self control noone will be the wiser. will still go on a mission though, as long as im assigned with a remotely useful language

>gottakeepthatimage.wav
Such a huge thing here, certain extended relatives of mine have struggled with this. It has led to a lot of tension in their kids... Led to one running away several times, getting secret abortions, one being pressured to be the first to have a grandbaby, etc. It's sad.
Utah Mormons have to be perfect cuz their neighbors and family will judge them. I've actually heard a few criticisms of that at the Y
I am this user

Finding the usefulness of a bad situation is good. I wish you wouldn't even go, though I understand why you would. It's such a stupidly huge part of the culture... I have a friend that left in part due to being ostracized and judged by his ward when he decided not to go...

Would your parents disown you if you told them how you actually feel about the religion?

yeah and its great how theyre gonna blame me when the other kids follow my lead. didnt ask for this shit
lmao yes

Also damn, didn't compute that you were at byuI
so much worse than Provo, or so I've heard

>applied to BYU Provo
>denied
guess they could smell the satan

If they blame you, that's their problem. They are the ones who refuse to sympathize. It's a great irony about these types of Mormons; they preach how family is the most important part of the doctrine, that it's eternal, but as soon as you show any sign of being different they will shun you, or try to force you to change. There is a false sense of acceptance in that religion, one that is killing them in my opinion.

I advise you to either seek therapy on this or do some self-help type deal, so when it happens you do not collapse into anger. One thing I've learned from my disenchantment is that the anger ex-mormons spew is just as toxic as the religion they hate.

Kek, I don't know how I got in then ;)
ironically it may have been easier here, but I've never been to the Idaho school so what do I know

>collapse into anger
I mean i already went through the anger when i found out id been jipped into it, turns out after a few years bottled anger just starts to rot.

Stay in the cult faggot
meet and marry a nice mormon girl
raise a white family
stop being such an edgy little faggot
atheism has no rewards.

>forgot you found out 4 years ago
my bad user, I have my biases

Do you plan on finding your own place after college to stay away from your family for a bit?

can confirm
saw some mormons at the park they struck a conv with me and I was respectful and polite. Then they found out where I lived.
For the next 2 years I had mormon chicks constantly stalking me and knocking on my door

Just 'cause you aren't Momo anymore doesn't mean you're an atheist
just sayin', user, ya edgelord

OP here
yap
just might, its a swell community
classic

I've always wondered:do Mormons have group sex with their wives ?or at least threesomes?

the main mormon sect doesnt do polygamy, but the little offshooter omish ones probably do

FLDS is what you're looking for, though I have heard stories of Salt Lake polygamy sects that were involved in the main religion. Nothing to verify those stories, though.

One thing I've learned about /from religion is that to properly understand it, you NEED to read the texts of that religion first without background "explanations" by old men. After you throughly read it, then go and talk to those men.

Maybe Mormonism isn't for you but don't stop searching.

>No place for atheism is this day and age. You can't see 95% of this universe, yet form absolute opinions about what can possibly exist?
>"iyf thr is Creator, who crdeted him?!? Checkmate theists!"
>What is time space?

atheism is the only reasonable answer as far as i can see
-OP

I heavily agree. Read the cold, hard doctrine before you get caught up in the culture of the religion.

>be agnostic or something
>fuck labels, just be