I'm looking for a good game, i think RTS (W40 Dawn of war, Warcraft 3, Starcraft...

I'm looking for a good game, i think RTS (W40 Dawn of war, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, that kind of thing) is the term i'm looking for, but i'd like something in the vein of Dawn of war. Where you get to build possibly a really big army over some time if you want to.

I also played Age of Empire, and the two some times later for months, but i'd rather like something a bit newer if possible, even if i'm not against a really good old games

Rise of nations and supreme commander

Battle for Middlearth is a good RTS. I recommend you give it a try it, user.

>supreme commander

Isn't it the kind of younger borther of Total Annihilation?

Also command and conquer Generals is a lot of fun

0.A.D, new free to play medieval rts age of empires game like; stonghold hd, stronghold crusader hd, command and conquer red alert, lamda wars (hl2 mod)

lambda*

the best 2 games in the c&q game series

ditto

supreme commander forged alliance is a godly RTS

i'm a piece of shit for not having played total annihilation yet, though

hey guys

Total annihilation is old but it was goood

Got it mate - Red Alert 2.

If you haven't heard of it, its older than Dawn of War but there's no army size limit and its set in a cold war time with time travel and crazy technology. Really great game. You get fuck loads of buildings to build too if you're into base building too like I am.

Wargame, the "what becace of R.U.S.E?"
I liked it.

Supreme commander 2 is a good one for building huge armies.

THIS.

I remember playing it for the first time attacking Sauron with Arwen.

>is she gonna get blasted and rag doll away?

YESSSSSSSSS!

And oldie but a goodie. Think Starcraft but underwater.

Sins of a solar empire

Sid Meier's: Alpha Centauri
Absolute classic RTS

this is a great game. i love the campaign mode when you can keep all your units and let them rank up and shit, and by the end you have knights and rohirim and shit who are level 10, and they are your bros who've been with you since the beginning.

Download the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. Changes a whole lot, including adding 3 new factions and a whole hell of a lot of units for the existing ones. Also includes Titans, many more game options (such as a 200+ squad cap, good for large armies), and more maps.

If you're looking for combined arms, then Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is amazing, still has a somewhat active fan community as well (FAF), for a space RTS Sins of a Solar Empire is great as well.

Holy shit this is perfect

really? i didn't like it that much. i didn't play zero hour so i can't comment on that, but infantry were absolutely fucking useless, they just get run over no matter what.

Problem is that after a while in the campaign the save becomes corrupted or something.

Took me two hours to conquer the orc stronghold as space marines, after I quit and reloaded back to my save, it simply crashed.

Happened three separate times, even increased the amount of RAM the game can use, no luck.

>a really big army
it is not relevant nowadays
every contemporary rts is a tactical rts
you can rule every your soldier and command what you want
my recommendation is "syrian warfare"