A mate recommended this to me, any good?

A mate recommended this to me, any good?

Yes

its a fresh feeling from shows that are going on right now, watching it a 2nd time around

Fuck off, netflix shill.

saw the first episode and it was a fucking bore

Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------

This strangerfyu is hereby claimed!

I was moderately underwhelmed after all the hype I've been seeing.

It's pretty decent, but nothing special.

If you use hype as the bar for your expectations you will always be disappointed, that's a rookie mistake. Let the material speak for itself, hype is only good as a recommendation, you shouldn't tell yourself that if it's not amazing you will be disappointed, that's just stupid.

Prepare to fall in love

Nancy is hideous

All I read here is that it brings back the 80s comfy feels
Is it just for nostalgic muricans or is there more to it?

I got comfy nostalgic feels from it, although I didn't exist in the 80's.

Can you endure a distressed Winona Ryder for 8 hours?

So hot

That doesn't answer my question
nice trips though, checkem

its the 80s as imagined by people who weren't alive during the 80s.

It's definitely not GOAT like everyone else is saying, but it's still pretty good and very comfy

Was hotter in Show me a hero.

>tfw no power hungry Vinnie gf

i rate it eleven/10

i'll claim this milf

It's an X-Files meets Stephen King.

Good fun.

t. someone who's never read stephen king or watched x-files

lots of overplayed cliches. but if you don't mind it...

Done both, extensively.

Explain yourself instead of chanting ""'epic""" Sup Forums memes.

I liked it when it came out, but since I read only positive opinions I'm starting to think it might be really bad and now I hate it.

Watch it for the plot, stay for Nancyfu

>tfw I'll never be sippin codeine with Nancy and listen to Future's Dirty Sprite 2 effectively ruining her innocence.

It's great. Full of prime waifu material too including pic related (best girl)

Is your friend a redditor by any chance?

Since it sounds like its getting a second season, would it continue where this season left off, or are they going for the anthology route?

Nancymind

How does it feel to have terrible taste in women?

When did Nancy become part of black meme culture

It is good. It is not great. It does what people did great in a good way. It is competent. Stephen King's Dreamcatcher+Stand by me directed by Steven Spielberg, the tv series.

Is it just a fluke that two Nancy black memes popped up at the same time, or is she literally a big black meme on black twitter or whatever? Can any user answer this for me?

>Once it happened, it was just, whatever. Millie's reaction was the funniest thing I've ever seen on set. We didn't kiss until the first take, and we did it. It was a really good take. They yelled cut. Millie got up and just looked, like, disappointed. Then she yelled out, “Kissing sucks. That sucked.” That's what she said. It was the funniest reaction I've ever seen on a person, because I was her first kiss.

WTF I hate El now.

I'm guessing it's just a coincidence

I don't know what you seek to accomplish by lying. For if you spoke true, then you'd know x-files was already heavily based on stephen king.

>you will never comfort Joyce and tell her you believe her and that everything will be okay

Makes sense...blacks DO love Netflix, but Nancy is most definitely not thicc enough for black Twitter to give a shit.

Fucking this

You know how That 70s Show was 70s nostalgia trapped in 90s sitcom clothing?

This show is 80s nostalgia dressed like an 00s/10s SyFy Original Series.

It's fine. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who was the best character, and why is it Hopper?

It's pretty good, finished it in one sitting.

Where did he get taken by the shady guys?

Thats what I wanna know.

That and what was up with him dropping off food in the forest

>I was her first kiss.
literally rape

Cause he's an alcoholic sheriff with a heart of gold

I'm just surprised the government spooks that picked him up didn't kill him

Believable character and a good actor.

full tsundere

>tfw you are alive at the same time as Natalia Dyer

What a big fucking head tho. Still cute

thank you mrs skeltal
i would love to cuddle with her

It's her sharp chin that makes her so unique and amazingly cute. Fugging luv it

Is there any "fan art" of her?

seductive

Before the half way point the season is pretty gud

After that shit goes downhill fast. Really hated the ending TWIST, too.

Did they ever try to explain all the supernatural shit? I missed parts so i guess i missed where they explained how the lab was tied to the monster portal.

What twist?

>I missed parts so i guess i missed where they explained how the lab was tied to the monster portal.

Eleven caused it when she touched the monster during one of her sessions in the comfy abyssal path

Guess they'll explore that in Season 2 if they stick with the same characters/ location.

The monster portal was opened by Eleven presumably, after they went too far with the experiments, somehow

"Twist"
When the kid goes to the bathroom.

No they never explain where the monster comes from, or what it is. IMO it's probably better if they don't. Now we have some genuine mystery and it won't be ruined by convoluted lore and story

My girl.

Fuck off

Lmbo you are so daft

More like, can you endure winona ryder's comically bad acting for 8 hours

Yeah. Shes hot.

Is she mexican? Hope not.

DEFEND NANCY AT ALL COSTS, BULLYS BE GONE

Do you want another Medicloreans fiasco to happen. This shit ruins the magic, not eveything needs to get a backstory or be explained

It's like all that 80's stuff you like but not nearly as good.

So both the monster and 11 are dead right? They disintegrated?

So who was the cop leaving food for in the woods?

She probably just took it back to sp00ksville and is containing it there. I hope

I'm guessing its a grave for his lost girl or sth

Is there a single nonshit parent in the show?

Also nobody said just sayin' back then.

Really liked it except for two things:

no one really seems to give a shit that Barbara was murdered

Matthew Modine didn't do anything. He was just "there". No character development. Why cast Mtthew Modine in a a role only to have him do nothing for 8 episodes and then get unceremoniously killed?

what a fucking bitch

Yeah his death was so bad I actually wasn't sure what happened, he just kind of said a few lines and then it was over like he was a faceless no name background character

WHO DO YOU WANNA CATCH, AN INTERDIMENSIONAL MONSTER, OR THE GUY WHO KILLED HARVEY DANT?

Wionna ryder was a great mom.

>dem feels when she met El and gave her a bunch of motherly love

Teared up a little, granted thats because i used to have a mother like that, but she died when i was in high school.

I love crazy-eyed women. It might get me killed someday but I don't mind.

Guys, he was leaving food for Eleven in the mirror world you dumb fuckers

>still pretty?

I liked the pilot but it slowly dissolved into cringe territory and I stopped around episode 5. Characters are all annoying, predictable and cliche. It started reminding me of a few shitty Dean Koontz novels I was unfortunate enough to read in high school.

Enjoy.

Tired of that dark shit.

And ? What's your point retard ?

While the X-Files may have been inspired by Stephen King's works to some degree, it's still its own thing and was influenced by other medias.

Yea, there's lots of cliches that kind of got cringing. But it's a good show overall

Skeletonfu

>it slowly dissolved into cringe territory
You might be autistic, m8. Nothing about it is cringy, not even the kids.

>DUDE 1980's LMAO

Fucking sick of these nostalgia circlejerkfests

He didn't die though.

Keep your headcanon to yourself

really? the scene where the girl hits the can first shot? the scene where nancy and creepy dude are together, then a second later she screams his name and he doesn't answer?

come on, dude. it's full of cringy cliches.

she looks like a frail old woman

Well i normally cum to senior videos so...

I think it would've been better as a film.. but still nothing great. There's just not much meat here story wise. It's one of those shows where there's so much mysterious shit going on they don't even have to try to make anything make sense. It's just a garbage nostalgia-fest and nothing more.

It's also way more Dean Koontz than Stephen King if you've been unfortunate enough to read his stuff.

It's good fun and enjoyable. Don't let the snobs and killjoys of Sup Forums dissuade you.

I hope so. Mike is fucking cute and El is cute THE CUTENESS MUST CONTINUE.

El posting? El posting.

>tfw I wish they secretly both enjoyed it and are together in real life

Dammit lads.

I hope anthology. Continuing this story would ruin the whole mystery.

I usually hate child actors but everyone in this show was pretty tolerable
Mike and the boys did alright and El was great for her age shes probably going to have a bright future