/who/ Doctor Who General

FRONTIOS EDITION - opinions? Pretty forgettable IMO, but that's not exactly unusual for a Davison story.

Also Cats12 is back.

Previously on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Liz_Shaw
whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/index1.shtml
unit.org.uk/
visittorchwood.co.uk/index.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>My name is apt cos' I'm drowning in pussy
>Pray for my comeback but please don't push me
>Right now too many people tryna shush me

THESE NEXT BARS ARE FOR CATS HATE user!!! this is totally you!!!

>Dress up in sexless nerd chic
>Poptarts for breakfast physique
>Darwin fish necklace on fleek
>Banned from the Tetris club clique
>For whining 'bout leftists all week
>Enjoy my reckless critique?
>You just got REKT by the Shitposter Shiekh

Ma name's cats12 and let me be blunt
I smell of stale piss and I'm a fuckin' cunt
I keep postin' shit while I play with daddy's dick
And everyone here thinks I'm a fuckin' prick!

Aiiiight!

His name's cats12 and this is his song
He postin' all day - like a muthafuckin' meme-mong
Fuckin' little cunt suckin' on his Mommy's tit
Let's hope he gets cancer, this piece o' fuckin' shit!

break it down!

So you've heard this tale from the anonymous poster
Fuck cats12 the shitty-little-fuckin' boa-ster
Fuck him in the ass, just like his Daddy do
An' he don't know shit about the Doctor Who

Those last seven lines are unironically GOAT.

Damn, catz. You just got served.

that's the one where the tardis exploded, right? Kind of strange that it came right after an episode that focused on a big scary crack

>favouring a meme copypasta over dank OC with embedded rhymes

shameful display, eccleston. you won't be getting any crisps from me

Breaking news: Cats12 has been so butthurt that he requires an immediate, experimental emergency rectum transplant or he will be unable to sit down for the rest of his life.

None of it is better than the Liz Shaw rap:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Liz_Shaw

no new IP joined when you posted this! You gave yourself away

Yeah, I was posting in another thread, where I took off my trip. Didn't put it back on for

caught

It's a wrongly forgotten gem, which is as you said, not unusual at all for a Davison story. One of the spookiest classic stories, helped by Turlough acting his ass off. The atmosphere is incredibly bleak and the monsters are conceptual nightmare fuel. The only thing that hurts it is it never quite sells the idea that the TARDIS has been blown up. The Doctor doesn't really seem to give much of a shit, like he knows it's coming back as much as we do.

Who here likes Doctor Nyartholep?

>Nyartholep
Dude...

The single most autistic headcanon in all of Doctor Who fandom.

What?

Sometimes I think they go to far. But when done right, it adds a bit more menace to the Doctor's relationship to humans.

Stop replying to yourself catz.

Please explain what this is.

If you were in charge of Doctor Who, and could do anything you want, what would /who/ do?

>still not seeing it

Welcome Back Cats!

surprise

I'd get Marc Platt to take over with Lawrence Miles as script consultant

Doctor Nyartholep is the theory that the Doctor doesn't actually really look human, but that his form is just a cover for an even more alien form.

On a deeper level, it's the theory that the Doctor (and all Time Lords) is really just an unknowable, complex, lifeform that is nothing like humans, and the Doctor may or may not be Nyartholep in disguise (in the novels, there's evidence both for and against that last claim).

>Nyartholep
m8, seriously...

It's Nyarlathotep. Not 'Nyartholep'.

I can think of more autistic headcanons

Is it someone's birthday?

Turn it into an animated series.

I'd have a series comprised of 12-13 episodes, but each ep would be an hour long.
Wouldn't use the daleks at all, but if i was to, i'd redesign them. Same with the cybermen, i'd give them a proper, gritty horror story.

I'd also abolish story arcs and have more stories set on different planets. The finales would have new villains/threats. Mark Gatiss would be fired.

Lesbian companions.

Also, I don't know, grittier and less indulgent stories, I guess gravitating more towards hard sci-fi and horror.

More abstract invisible monsters, since I'm terrible at visual design, but I can generate concepts easily.

>Mark Gatiss would be fired
But then we'd never find out just what the hell happenned in Sleep No More

>Abolish story arcs

Hmm. That could work...would you still have Bill as a companion?

But then we would have to move to Sup Forums.

So, lesbians and villains based on abstract concepts. Sounds...nice. Would you still have Bill?

>So, lesbians and villains based on abstract concepts. Sounds...nice. Would you still have Bill?
I didn't meant abstract concepts like love. I mean in abstract shape, like sentient crystals, or psychic mould growing inside walls and controlling people. And less robots, men in rubber suits and saltshakers of death.

I know nothing about Bill to say how I like her, but I'd have my own companions.

>But then we'd never find out just what the hell happenned in Sleep No More
It was explained in the eipsode.

>would you still have Bill as a companion?

Nope, it would be a totally new cast.

The Doctor would be an actor in his late 30's/early 40's. He'd be stern, sharply and no nonsense yet also scatterbrained and mad, but not like 1,6, or 12. He wouldn't be as alien, so he'd be a bit like 9.

The companions would comprise of science whizz tomboy and her gay and camp older brother. The girl would have no romantic interest in the Doctor, and neither would the brother. The interaction between the Doctor and the gay guy would provide light entertainment, until the finale where he would die in the Doctors arms

Yes, but not everything. Why are the monsters sending the signal? Where did they come from? And since the "crust in your eyes" theory is hinted to be an incorrect inference of the Doctor's, what are they actually?

And what happens when the Doctor realizes that he screwed up? Will it be too late to stop them?

What would your companions be like?

>What would your companions be like?
Office worker from alternative present (Just like normal present) and scavenger survivor from future human colony which went up in flames (Colony that is, not her)

>which went up in flames (Colony that is, not her)

>Not wanting a female pyrokinetic as a companion

But seriously, that sounds interesting. But if the alternative present is just like normal present, why does it need to be alternative?

Because it's a plot point. A riveting tale of two timelines.

...So it's just alternative because alternatives are cool?

Does alternative Jim at least own a jetpack that our Jim doesn't?

>but I can generate concepts easily
let's hear an example or two

the nestene consciousness manifesting itself in condoms as well as shop window dummys

>sentient crystals
The Krotons

>psychic mould
The Mind of Evil

Does anyone remember/miss the old spinoff websites that were around for Series 1/2?

whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/index1.shtml

unit.org.uk/

visittorchwood.co.uk/index.htm

Why don't they make these websites anymore?

Back once again it's the trip-poster, cats12

>Why don't they make these websites anymore?

Probs cos they don't feature any in the show anymore i imagine

I remember there used to be a couple more Torchwood websites.
Also, what happened to the SJA website?

I think the idea of a website that ties into a show just isn't as cool as it was ten years ago.

Just makes me a bit sad desu, added another dimension when you could look at the website that was on the show

nobody gives a fuck about doctor who any more probably and the BBC is being dismantled

>Why don't they make these websites anymore?
They don't have the money. The Beeb is strangling Doctor Who right now.

>>sentient crystals
>The Krotons
I was actually talking about immobile crystals that grow out of the planet and as a part of story I'm ripping off from completely different place
>>psychic mould
>The Mind of Evil
Mould as in fungus. Or did Mind of Evil have fungus? I haven't seen all of 3rd Doctor. Either way, it's more of a haunted house story.

most of those things are gone. Many can be found with archives but some are lost forever like Martha's myspace-account from series 3.
Very sad.

>did Mind of Evil have fungus
that is what the mind of evil is

Alright my turn.

I'd make sure that there would be more settings. I'd like a comedy ep, where the antagonist is that chicken from African mythology that shoots out lightning. I'd give us a pure historical, maybe one about Mulan. I'd have a three parter set on one planet, that the Doctor jumps to through different points in time, but can't leave.

I would want mostly new villains. Maybe a few appearances by the Voord, or the Cybermen.

The companion could still be Bill. There would be a whole episode where she would be lost in Civil War South, with her battling Missy in a game of wits.

There would be cameos by Benny, Frobisher, and maybe Ace.

One episode would have absolutely no dialogue.

The whole thing would end with the Doctor and Bill realizing that the Faction has been manipulating into starting a war between two species. That manipulation has been going on since the Third Doctor died on Dust, and would culminate with the Doctor regenerating.

Then the Doctor would be sucked into an airlock before we could see the new Doctor's face, although the voice sounded like a young woman's...

And that's just the first half of the season.

Because the Internet was still new and exciting back then (for TV writers).

Reminder that in World War Three Mickey the Idiot manages to launch a missile strike on London from his flat's PC, using only the password 'buffalo'.

Wait you can't do that? But he used the special code

Maybe Mickey was just a genius and he didn't know it.

Do the invaders in this remind anyone else of the Dominators?

No.

They're pretty similar though.

Just doing a fly-by on /who/.

Been binge watching pic related. Colin Morgan could be a potentially great Thirteen after Twelve regenerates at the end of s11.

And welcome back Cats, kinda missed you.

No. What do you mean?

One of them irrationally wants to kill everything in sight, the other tries to take a more practical approach. Bickering ensues.

hi cats

>cats back
>monganon gone
Is /who/ officially comfy again?

Yes, cats

Oh fuck me that's the Merlin kid. Have to say the beard masks his freaky face very well, good style choice.

Friendly reminder that BBC America partially funds Doctor Who now.

i hope capaldi leaves after series 10, that crotchety old man sucked all the fun out of the show

friendly reminder BBC America is a BBC Worldwide brand and Worldwide is owned by the BBC.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with you here, although its not Capaldi's fault. However saying that, Smith and Tennant were too "fun", to the point of it being irritating. The next Doctor should be more like 9 personality wise, only without the post traumatic stress disorder.

Remember the one user who was like "I only enjoy Doctor Who if it's popular with normies"

Matt Smith had a 'freaky face'.

Regardless, Colin Morgan could be a great Thirteen.

But suspect Chinballs will eventually choose a female incarnation, it's almost inevitable now.

When does the sterile cheap grossness take over the series? You know, some time in jnt years where they "update" the film and it looks cheap. Also the music turns to absolute shit. When does that happen? I know I've experienced it with 7.

It's basically a downward spiral form the end of 4's run

doctor who more like doctor poo

CALLING THE HIGH COUNCIL OF GALLIFREY
THIS IS THE DOCTOR WITH A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Do you think jon still tells people to splink?

Nice work

>mfw recycling years old /who/ memes and they get treated as new content

Holy shit you're right...how did I not see this any of the times it was posted over 2 years?

>not doctor pooh

>CALLING THE HIGH COUNCIL OF GALLIFREY
>THIS IS THE DOCTOR WITH A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Newest picture from BBC America's facebook. Text:

>Peter and Pearl have arrived in sunny Valencia to shoot episode 2 of Series 10.

About to listen to Chimes of Midnight, is it as GOAT as they say?

old m8

no

Yes, it's very good. Enjoy the plum pudding.

That thread was cancer.

>Capaldi's smiling
you know it's fake

ROBOT

It's K9 2.0, Moffat said he considered bringing him back for Christmas.

A better look.

*sigh*
...Why?

Only you can answer that question.

cute robit