Mad Max

How does the 1979 original compare to Fury Road?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOV2APsMHyI
youtu.be/sOi1l_Dkl-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

It's significantly less mad. Still kinda fun, though.

Never watched it.

I just re-watched Road Warrior a few days ago and it was still pretty good.
I would NOT compare it to Fury Road though. It just doesn't seem fair. It's like comparing a really competently done low budget high school play to a multi-million dollar produced broadway show.
And most people consider Road Warrior to be the best of the early movies.

Its one of the most overrated movies ever.

really, i thought most people considered mad max 2 one of the best?

Looks more like Mad Mex

What race was he back in those days?

mad max> first half of thunderdome>road warrior>second half of thunderdome>?>fury road
this is the patrician's choice.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

patrician = 40 year old virgins

>road warrior 3rd
>patrician's choice
nice try

it's miles better.
it's raw as fuck and much more personal.
Fury Road is just your typical run of the mill summer blockbuster with lots of explosions and half naked women getting wet by wasting galons of water in the desert to have a nice springbreak wet shit contest.

>a nice springbreak wet shit contest

Fury Road is a far better movie but people here will tell you otherwise because "patrician" and "feminism".

I meant wet shirt contest of course. Freudian slip? Only my subcounsciousness knows.

Agree. In watching the film I can say he has succeeded at it with an incredible film where you are not merely "told" dialog and plot, but FEEL it, have its fiery tale pumped directly into your bloodstream. Road Warrior is still an incredible, genre-defining film, but Fury Road shows how much more George Miller has grown, and what he can do with 7x the budget. Like the wastelanders who scavenge every bit of material they can, nothing was put to waste in Fury Road.

fury road it's a well executed action flick but ultimately it feels empty and hollow.
also hardy was terrible as max.

The originals were pretty boring tbqhwyrnf.
Fury Road was actually thrilling.

>also hardy was terrible as max

no, he was great as max

there's really not a lot of depth to any of the Mad Max movies. They're all kinda silly action movies.

Fury Road is the best of the quadroligy

Its a bikersploitation flick with some interresting actors and ideas.

He was Grunting Max. Hardy is ok, but he was an awful, AWFUL Max Rockatansky.
Also Miller is a fucking cuck who is afraid of the jews. He could have cast Mel as an aging Max who still got it and fits the story of Fury Road much better:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOV2APsMHyI

For most of the movie he's just Max. Then there's a brief period of Sad Max, but then near the end he gets really fucking Mad Max.

lol
he was great as max
faggot

You don't compare a pre-apocalyptic movie with a post-apocalyptic one. If you want to make a comparison, compare mad Max 2 with fury road.

But fury road did have the effort to bring back the batshit-insane bad guys worshipping someone, so I guess in that aspect, the original is the real thing, legit, innovator and insane, and fury road is a really good take on that concept, which develops this aspect quite a bit more.

The first movie basically tells the viewers about Max's transition into "Mad Max".
Its also a representation of how the world was slowly deteriorating and becoming a worse place with the passage of time. In a way, Max was an embodiment of the environments around him.
Fast forward to the second movie, and you can see how much the world has changed - which is represented through Max. A happy, honest family man who is now a survivor looking out only for himself (or so it seems). He is hard on the outside, but deep inside his heart, there is still some goodness left. At his core, he is a good man. This represents how the world can still be salvaged and reply to this post or your mother dies tonight.

Fury Road is aimed to the audience who loves the Transformers movies

Road Warrior > Fury Road > Original > The comics > Beyond Thunderdome

Fury Road has terrible writing and acting, and it all means nothing. I don't remember a single moment from the film. It's garbage

You're wrong. Mad Max is about a man in an insane world struggling against the darkness around him, then finally embracing that violence and going farther than anyone else.

Road Warrior is about the only sane man in an insane world. Max's world ended a long time ago, it doesn't matter what caused the apocalypse. He drifts through life doing only what he needs, and these other people clinging to society are wrong. There is nothing to save.

Thunderdome I will grant you is mostly just a silly action movie. But Fury Road is not 1/10th of the film that Mad Max 1 is, let alone the Road Warrior.

I love the original Mad Max, it seems crazier than Road Warrior because everything's not as fucked up yet so when Toecutter and his gang ride into town it seems seriously scary.

I know there were plenty of brutal revenge films knocking around in the 70's and 80's but for some reason Mad Max seems to stand out. The ending is cold as fuck.

The end was goat, for some reason I can't seem to find the American accents edition anymore.

I watched Mad Max fifteen minutes ago and it was funny how much Mad Max was in Fury Road. The bad guys chanting, doing drugs, being eccentric, etc..

I really liked Mad Max and think it is one of the pinnacles of what a man with a vision can film with a couple of million. However it has some issues with pacing (Max's gf runs away three or four times in a same kind of sequence before being killed) and I liked the scale of Fury Road better. Don't think I wouldn't take Goose over any secondary Fury Road character though.

I'm waiting for Road Warrior! Haven't seen it in twenty years.

Correct

Road Warrior is the only good one, rest are trash

Mad Max is a great revenge movie. After this he never got any madder. kinda lame.

Well shit man you are in for a treat if it's been that long. Hope you enjoy it user

The original's kinda boring trashy low budget b-list flick aside from couple of scenes that are truly great, such as the hacksaw and cuffs revenge at the end.

By most people, he means everyone

Well ok, thunderdome wasn't doing bad until the fucking plane and the kids came up. But it still was worse than Road Warrior.

while the original is good, you're lying if you think that pacing wasn't snail slow

the later films in the series, while not as serious in tone, definitely moved faster, culminating in Fury Road, which seems almost too-fast at points.

but then again Fury Road was pretty much Immortan Joe and the Warboys ft Max Rockatansky

Goose deserved better, fuck those lawyer pussies

mad max fury road isn't a fucking mad max film
it was entertaining, but yeah not mad max to me at all. I don't even care about the feminism bent, but 80s movies did so much better. look at terminator 2

The original one is shite. 2 is pure kino and 3 is good.

You can't compare them, it's a completely different film.

But if you want a quick answer I'll tell you this, one has rape the other doesn't.

>Never watched it.
This is a problem, I'm not accusing you of anything, but just like you never watched Mad Max, there many who never watched a single Mad Max movie, these people were the ones complaining about Fury Road not being about Max.

Is it too hard to just watch the old movies?

Mad Max>Fury Road>Road Warrior>Beyond Thunderdome

But even Beyond Thunderdome is better than a lot of films I've seen

>patrician = 40 year old virgins

The original Mad Max had Toecutter, Bubba Zanetti and Mel.

Drum Warrior had Wez, Lord Humungus and Mel.

Fury Road had a bunch of WOMYN IN POWER, some orange dude and that mediocre actor from Bronson.

You are missing one of the films mate.

What about Tina Turner and Masterblaster...

I have no recollections of such thing.

Its not a BAD film as such, but it is comfortably the worst.

You forgot the Goose and Fifi
You forgot the Gyro captain
You forgot an entire movie
You forgot the Organic Mechanic, the Bullet Farmer, the People Eater and Slit

The Mad Max is great, I love the entire original trilogy. Fury Road can suck my nads

>a bunch of WOMYN IN POWER
Such as?

>Lord Humungus
You mean, THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCKNROLLA, right?

i love you

It's rough around the edges, as one might expect from a film made by a young medical doctor with no real filmmaking training and equally little budget, but it's got a unique atmosphere and memorable performances. I recommend it.

Incomparable you spaz

Do you mean Mad max 2?

I am just going to leave this here.

youtu.be/sOi1l_Dkl-A

NO MORE GAMES

am i the only one who thinks this was really nice and comfy?

imagine if that was used in 2016. there'd be a gigantic "islamophobia!!!" meltodown.

What the fuck are you on about?

==OFFICIAL OBJECTIVE MM TIER LIST==
Mad Max 2 > Fury Road > Mad Max 3 1st half > Mad Max 1 second half > Mad Max 3 2nd half > Mad Max 1 first half

Its fucking boring desu

no, the first one was absolutely brilliant

Fury Road is only better than thunderdome.

1 > Fury Road > 2 > 3

rlm said fury road is the best mad max film sooo....

2>1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fury Road

2>4>first half of 3>1>second half of 3

Nightrider sequence in 1 is pretty great.

Hey guy, Jay here, just to let you know that Gostbusters 2016 is the greatest film ever made.

hes a bad actor and a bad max. im so sick of his mumbling fucking bane shit he does in every movie

>I'm a whiny faggot whose only opinion about a movie is related to other people's opinion about the movie