Damn, I didn't ask for these feels

>On May 27, 1995, Reeve's horse made a refusal. Witnesses said that the horse began into the third fence jump and suddenly stopped. Reeve fell forward off the horse, holding on to the reins. His hands somehow became tangled in the reins, and the bridle and bit were pulled off the horse. He landed headfirst on the far side of the fence, shattering his first and second vertebrae. This cervical spinal injury, which paralyzed him from the neck down, also halted his breathing.
>After five days, he regained full consciousness, and his doctor explained to him that he had destroyed his first and second cervical vertebrae, which meant that his skull and spine were not connected.
>After considering his situation, believing that not only would he never walk again, but that he might never move a body part again, Reeve considered suicide. He mouthed to Dana, "Maybe we should let me go." She tearfully replied, "I am only going to say this once: I will support whatever you want to do, because this is your life, and your decision. But I want you to know that I'll be with you for the long haul, no matter what. You're still you. And I love you." Reeve never considered euthanasia as an option again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHGzBdwJPWs
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=creeve
youtube.com/watch?v=RroPbIgCh04
youtube.com/watch?v=3iFy0_5qKi0
youtu.be/twaqqZSj8aU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Reeve went through inner anguish in the ICU, particularly when he was alone during the night. His approaching operation to reattach his skull to his spine (June 1995) "was frightening to contemplate. ... I already knew that I had only a fifty-fifty chance of surviving the surgery. ... Then, at an especially bleak moment, the door flew open and in hurried a squat fellow with a blue scrub hat and a yellow surgical gown and glasses, speaking in a Russian accent." The man announced that he was a proctologist and was going to perform a rectal exam on Reeve. It was Robin Williams, reprising his character from the film Nine Months. Reeve wrote: "For the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay."

tall people shouldn't ride horses

So why did he kill himself?

>fucking Robin Williams helped Christopher Reeves in his darkest hour
>nobody was there to help Robin

I didn't want these feels user

Was he, I daresay, a big guy?

you shouldn't fuck around on horses, they're huge scary animals

jesus fucking christs cunt

Batman was busy being broody over his dead parents

Fake story, m8.

RIP Best Supes.

Christopher Reeve is the most inspiring man that ever lived. You should see how happy he was later on, just happy to be alive and completely humbled.

>Riding horses in 2016

fucking poorfag peasant can't afford a ford mustang

>"Maybe we should let me go."

I know that feel, Superman.

Man fuck this thread. I came here to bane post and talk about anvils and not sit in a coffee shop struggling to hold back tears.

Fuck white people i hope they all die.

he was high on meds

>dat pic
Even when he's not playing Superman he looks like Superman.

wtf i hate white people now

wtf i hate hating white people now

not in the slightes kunt

its sad that after that accident, he encouraged the death of children as sacrifices to heal him.

I can't believe there still hasn't been a video of one single person asking aiden gillen if hes a big guy or some other baneposting line.

I'm sure Stone and Parket will go in hell for this episode and that other one where they try pathetically to make fun of James Cameron

It wasnt 2016 though

fuck normies

Serious talk here: I can't fathom the intense frustration/regret/sadness that comes with knowing you'll never move ever again. it's like suddenly murdered and having your life cut short unfairly, however you're forced to sit there and be aware of it rather than the blissful non existence that is actual death.

I had a dream last night about a woman who lost her arm and didn't want to accept the fact that she now only had one arm so she wrapped her severed arm in cellophane to preserve it and tied it back to her shoulder with some sort of pulley device that she could operate with her mouth that allowed her to raise and lower her disconnected arm and there was some other contraption that allowed her to grab things with it too. She was trying to convince the doctor that it's cool she can manage like this, but the doctor was like, naw your arm is starting to rot. And I looked at it and it was all green and gross and shit... I don't remember how the dream went after that but I did meet a cute girl and we hit it off and started dating then I woke up and realized it was just a dream.
Spooky.

get help, manon.

Make this into a novella/short film or something.

nigga... i had a dream where I fell in love with a qty girl paralysed from the waist down

It's amazing how far science has advanced since then.
Plus I've seen some experiments with electronic augmentations grafted to the spine to complete the neural bridge as well. One or both of these in tandem could help considerably.

>being so motherfucking high on cocaine you think this is a good idea
>it actually turned out being a good idea

the absolute madman

>girl lost her arm on high school by being a dumb slut on an ATV with her Chad boyfriend
>ends up getting to meet celebrities, going all kinds of interesting places, getting tv and book deals
>was a mediocre track athlete, but since she lost an arm she entered the Paralympics and won two silver medals
>posts on normiebook all the time about how hard it's been for her
>gets 100000 likes every time

First, George Reeves. Then Christopher Reeves. Who's going to be the next Superman? Keanu Reeves?

That reminds me of the woman who got fucked up by walking into a plane propeller a few years ago.
She also got all sorts of attention.

So is it like he had his spine remove Sub Zero fatality style but the head never severed from the body?

kek

>tfw his son lost both his parents over the course of 2 years
I can't imagine what that's like even though I have older parents, I'm scared to lose them man.

How could they if all his friends are dead?

>he didn't fall so good

Reeves was the best Superman, too bad he's not here anymore. Screw Cavill.

At least he never had to see Man of Steel

His wife died two years later.

Kek, screen capped for r/Sup Forums

It's your fault

aww shit include me dawg, I wanna be famous

papa bless

>superman snaps zod's neck
pottery?

youtube.com/watch?v=NHGzBdwJPWs

why did south park shit on him so much? there was nothing funny about that shit. neither was eminem for that matter.

Christopher Reeves was an asshole.

He started getting all preachy and fighting for the disabled after his injury. Fuck him. He didn't give a shit about people in wheel chairs until he was confined to one.

Actual good people don't need to be faced with a shitty situation to try and change it for others. He was selfish and self serving.

Why aren't you hanging around churches spoon-feeding meth addicts and urchins right now?

Because I'm not trying to play some part and seem virtuous for personal gain.

fuck off Maddox
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=creeve

so do they really make this shit up right there and then? no fucking way. they probably have lines and shit theyve written down before

>Implying 2003 wasn't a prime era for maddox
He never should have made a youtube channel, though.

For the horse.

some people actually do improv aka "off the dome" freestyles... eminem tended to do the "freestyles" that you mentioned (pre-written lines/bars that they just "freestyle" in one time in a session) but there's a few where you can actually hear him go off-the-dome/improv/etc... here's one of them:

youtube.com/watch?v=RroPbIgCh04

as you can see it's not like he's some kind of deity off the dome cuz he's not doing stuff like "met a retarded kid named greg with a wooden leg / snatched it off and beat him over the fucking head with the peg" --- aka the verses he was "freestyling" all over the place when he was first promoting the first slim shady LP (the greg one is the third "verse" here)

youtube.com/watch?v=3iFy0_5qKi0

so yeah prolly 90%+ of eminem "freestyles" you hear are stuff where he has the verses pre-written and he just "freestyles" them on the radio show, but his actual "off the dome" stuff is more rare and obviously way less skilled. c'est la vie, no?

>[maddox] never should have made a youtube channel, though.

yeah he seems uncomfortable and he reads/speaks too fast as some kind of a crutch. it just doesn't work for him on the video side... he'll always be a "time and a place" guy whose time nad place was in the late 90s / early early 00s on the web v1.0.

Who wants to hang out in hell? I'll be by the fondue station.

>Becker was born and raised in Richmond, California, by his parents, Gary and Patricia (Heffley) Becker. He was born in Richmond Hospital on 23rd Street in 1969. His maternal grandfather was actor Wayne Heffley.[2] Becker graduated from Kennedy High School where he performed Yngwie Malmsteen's "Black Star" with his band at a talent show. [1] While still in high school, Becker was introduced to Marty Friedman. He was exposed to the guitar at an early age because both his father and his uncle were guitar players. He absorbed all kinds of music from around the world and melded different aspects of each style into his playing. He cited Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen as early influences.[3]

>Becker started out playing alongside Marty Friedman in the Mike Varney-produced duo, Cacophony. Together, they put out an album, and toured Japan and the U.S.. While they never went mainstream in the U.S., Europeans embraced their music and they sold out almost everywhere they went. [2] In 1989 Becker left to pursue a solo career, having released his first solo album titled 'Perpetual Burn' in 1988, and has since released Perspective and Collection, as well as two albums of demos, entitled The Raspberry Jams and The Blackberry Jams

>At the age of 20, he joined David Lee Roth's band to work on Roth's album A Little Ain't Enough, replacing Steve Vai, who had joined Whitesnake. In 1990 Becker won the coveted Best New Guitarist award from Guitar Magazine. [3] While preparing for the album, Becker began to feel what he called a "lazy limp" in his left leg. He was soon diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS; Lou Gehrig's Disease) and was given three to five years to live. He finished the recording using light gauge (thin) guitar strings and other techniques, which made it easier for him to play with his weakening hands. Although he managed to finish the album, which was released in 1991, he did not join the supporting tour due to his inability to perform on stage; former Lizzy Borden guitarist Joe Holmes took Becker's place on tour

>Due to his illness, he eventually lost the ability to speak and now communicates with his eyes via a system developed by his father. Although his ALS gradually robbed him of his ability to play guitar, to walk, and eventually even to speak, he still remains mentally sharp and, with the aid of a computer, continues composing. In the back of the Perspective CD case, Becker states "I have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. It has crippled my body and speech, but not my mind." His medical condition has remained stable since 1997. In 2003, Becker posted on his website that he was feeling better and had gained some weight, while the folder for his 2008 album Collection also mentions an upcoming book

>In 1996, Becker released an album entitled Perspective, an instrumental album composed by him (with the exception of Bob Dylan's song "Meet Me in the Morning"). The writing of the music had been started before ALS completely crippled his abilities. By using guitar, and, later, when he was unable to use both hands, a keyboard, he continued to compose while his disease worsened. However, when Becker could no longer physically play even a keyboard, his friend and music producer Mike Bemesderfer[4] helped him with a music-composing computer program that reads movements of his head and eyes, enabling Becker to continue to compose after he lost control of the rest of his body

>Several years later, Becker released Raspberry Jams (1999) and Blackberry Jams (2003); the first contained various unreleased demo-tracks, and the latter contained demo-tracks and alternate versions of songs that were later reworked and published into other albums

There is a documentary film about Becker called 'Not Dead Yet', it's worth watching.

youtu.be/twaqqZSj8aU

Fat, ugly, socially inept male permavirgin won't date a fat, ugly female - wants qt3.14 instead - criticizes qt1.4 for wanting a Chad.

How pathetic you all are.