/lang/ - Language Learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/erQ4tFqP
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAED3UID-nkic-jTm3g
radiorai.rai.it/dl/portaleRadio/popup/player_radio.html?v=1
tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEB_100_temel_eser_listesi_(ortaöğretim)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pastebin.com/erQ4tFqP
>Few more resources that didn't fit into OP

/lang/ Telegram group for that dere real-time exchange with fellow autists
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAED3UID-nkic-jTm3g

Who's learning italian? What sources do you use?

michel thomas

lads I did it

Congrats bro!

I use Duolingo, Memrise sometimes, and I listen to the radio and some music
radiorai.rai.it/dl/portaleRadio/popup/player_radio.html?v=1
I have 15 left

I mean 15 "skills"

I still feel like I'm garbage at it, I only have 57% proficiency

>Duolingo
Does that really work for you, anons? I'm pretty good at picking up foreign languages, but I've never really found Duolingo helpful.

It depends, it isn't helpful if you're mainly learning the language through other sources, because Duolingo is quite "strict" in the way you can translate the sentences and it's obviously limited
It's also quite boring until you get to a level that's a bit challenging for you

Yeah, that's probably why I avoid it. I prefer to learn stuff such as basic grammar from textbooks and then I pick up vocab through reading articles/books.

Ik leer Nederlands. Hoe autistisch ben ik?

not much

Anyone learning Turkish here? Does it produce much literature, mostly interested in history and fantasy?

What you're going to do after you're done with Duo? Just continue with Memrise plus radio?

>Fantasy
Literally all their newspapers. You'll be in fantasyheaven

Well here is a good list which includes mostly easy to read, understand books with some foreigner literature involved in it.It doesn't involve newer writers like Orhan Pamuk.They are mostly historic novels as you can see if you know about some classics on the list.There is very little fantasy related stuff besides regular folklore.Though it might be hard to get most of these in pdf.

tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEB_100_temel_eser_listesi_(ortaöğretim)

bump

I haven't thought of it, maybe I'll focus more on listening and talking and try Pimsleur

old occitan is aesthetic as fuck desu

bmp

What are some beginner bools to read in French?
What about audio? I have netflix and I think i can change the audio to some shows

Le Petit Prince for beguiners is great, also Harry Potter more the 1st book imo.

Audio- if you have Spotify look for cafe montréalais,

Bump

How do I properly "r" in Dutch without sounding like a total baka-gaijin Nederbroers?

Also any decent Dutch music/movies? Ik heb woordenschat nodig ;_;

kek

What are you using for resources?Try Pimsleur if you haven't used that already.

safety bump

Turks Fruit is considered one of the better Dutch movies I think. If you want a meme comedy and can deal with slightly thicker accents, I can suggest Ron Goossens: Low Budget Stuntman

Zwartboek
one of the better ww2 movies

About that R, ehm vocaroo your current one?

Sto imparando italiano anch'io. Ho già completato Rosetta Stone e adesso sto usando Duolingo, ma non mi piace molto perché ti fa di pensare con tradurre. Quando voglio di parlare in italiano non voglio a tradurre tutto nella mia testa prima di posso di rispondere

Penso che Duo non funziona correttamente con il misuratore della competenza.

What are the odds erdogan reverts the turkish language back to using the arabic script?

bump

Zombie Atatürk will personally strangle him and lead a real coup

I for one welcome our undead MENA overlords.
Undead Khomeini for Iran and Ben-Gurion for Israel when?