I finally get it

This album is fucking amazing. Still not as good as STGSTV, but I finally understand the hype.
I guess I started this thread so each and everyone of you can congratulate me.

It's better than STGSTV actually

If anyone needs proof that rym is a shit website full of plebs who cant into noise yet feel the need to rate it anyway, you only need to look at the rating of this album.

Yeah that's dumb as shit.
Why do morons rate music that they don't understand?

How is this an argument? you could say this about any album and genre with low reviews

Anyone who falls into the hype of critic/rating culture is a faggot. No one cares about your gay ass rating list or opinion on albums.

That being said, Here Comes the Indian is a great album, definitely one of their better albums. It doesn't hold a torch to Campfire Songs in my opinion though, or even it's noisy counter-part Danse Manatee. Danse and HCTI both seem to experiment with extreme frequencies, though I feel Danse does so in a much more interesting fashion. Here Comes the Indian is just so chaotic and tumultuous. I don't know that I've ever fully understood the concepts behind it nearly as well as their other albums...but it's always had such a enigmatic and cryptic sound to it, especially in songs like Infant Dressing Table and Panic. I will say, one of my favorite animal collective songs is on the album though: Slippi.

What do you guys feel the concepts are behind this one?

>what is irony

Their second best album after Feels

>first best isn't Campfire Songs

lel

From my understanding, this album was the first with the entire group- correct?

I feel like this period of anco is super mysterious.. hard to decipher what the particular concepts were.

That being said, they always mention how certain landscapes influence their albums

Yeah from what I've heard it was a very timid and turmoil filled era, the focus and direction of their music wasn't clear, and they couldn't really seem to come to any real agreement from what I'd heard.

This album feels really chaotic and free on first listen, but it's really one of their most tightly structured albums barring the 2 ambient tracks

Yeah that's probably why the finished product is so damn chaotic.
Doggy is one of my all time faves

It's tight in a sense that they have such control over the chaos. Their syncopation and syncronization is so on point, yet the over all tone and sound of the music is one of chaos and unpredictability.

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite off of Campfire Songs. Especially Two Corvettes->Moo Rah Rah Rain->De Soto De Son.

Moo Rah Rah Rain and De Soto De Son have to be my favorites I guess. MRRR reminds me of being a family in the 1920s during the dustbowl or something. De Soto De Son always made me think of meeting some strange unknown tribe of people outside the edges of your newly established property during Manifest Destiny.

>critics are faggot
>this album way better though

ok friend :)

yeah i realized the irony in my post. let me explain more: there's a difference in discussing music amongst a group of friends or in a forum, posting it in a blog or watching Fagtano in order to form an opinion is beyond plebian. i just hate RYM and Scaruffi and all the major critic/rating outlets because it doesn't do anything but promote this idea that listening to music critics is a valid way of determining the value of an album. we see it all the time here, critics affect popular opinion, unfortunately. it's kinda sad.

big if true

excuse me?

HCTI sounds like a soundtrack to doing peyote or ayahuasca or whatever. A lot if it brings to mind shamanic elements imo.

AAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH

WUUUUUWUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

congrats daniel