What is the world's view on torture? For me, it's one of the few legitimately triggering things...

What is the world's view on torture? For me, it's one of the few legitimately triggering things. When I see videos of some prisoner getting beaten or having acid poured on him or whatever, and the screaming in agony, I can feel my blood pressure rise, and I get a bit anxious.

I can't imagine myself torturing someone.

people who do that should be tortured.

but then the people who tortured them should be tortured and so on and so forth.

people are animals
fucking monkeys all of them

well if you torture someone for information,that information will be fishing stories

useless,only useful if you want revenge for someone and want them to sing what you want them to

There is objectively no reason not to torture someone if you're trying to get information.

Torturing is the right thing to do.

There are other interrogation methods.

if you torture someone for information,he well parrot everything you will want him to do

it compromises actual operations

Like what?

Torturing is definitely the best one.

And what method will actually get the real truth?

Pic related. Talks about torturing and why it's the best

Torturing can plant guilty conscience into the minds of innocents. Which is no different from witch burning or inquisition.

There's nothing wrong with torture, you just have to make sure that anyone who got it deserved it, torturers and murderers deserves to be tortured and murdered for ex.
the function of the law and punishment is to bring justice after all

These should be done in moderation though, especially if the people involved are innocent, if it's spy or something, go all the way

if it's for military reasons it's okay obviously but you all are digressing
most of the time people torture for enjoyment and that is the problem with people
like for example, there is such a thing as need for torture but hardly someone deserves it, who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ? jesus ? jesus said you don't do that

btw i also think it needs to be done very cleanly, like with gas or electricity, like nazis, it has to be cold and efficient, otherwise it is filthy and even more disgusting

>who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ?

The cosmic order and Justice demands it

>who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ?
When you're re refusing to punish criminals you're doing injustice to the criminal victim
We have the law so people wouldn't go all vigilante to fulfil their grudge, doesn't work when you're too tolerant

Even if you think its better to forgive you can't expect all criminal victim to do that

It's a tool to get infos that may save the lives of your fellow countrymen. Nothing else.

thats why waterboarding was invented. instead of permanently maiming someone physically you maim them mentally.

I think mock executions work better, at least in my experience.

>make sure that anyone who got it deserved it
i like this.

actual intelligence is based upon OBSERVATIONS and PROFILING which do not include torture or interrigations

yes well then you simply execute the criminal and that's it, it's harsh enough
why the need to make it all filthy and painful on top of that ? do you take pleasure from it ?

It can't hurt to do some torturing.

>why the need to make it all filthy and painful on top of that ? do you take pleasure from it ?

as punishment and to get confession

well it can,always has,there always will be whistleblowers and such that you just cannot do anything about

>as punishment and to get confession
What if the supposed criminals are actually innocent and they are forced to admit some crimes that they didn't do in order to avoid torture?

Well sometimes innocents have to be hurt in the way of truth

>Well sometimes innocents have to be hurt in the way of truth
That isn't justice. That is something that a psychopath dictator would say in order to justify his oppressive regime.

I want to torture this girl's titties

You just described Sup Forums in a nutshell.

Torture is not effective for extracting information.

Why not deceive them while drugged and then play some good cop/bad cop?
They could cough up the info and have zero recollection of any trauma.

>at least in my experience

> at least in my experience

I'm pro-torture.
whip me, daddy.

pls be in london