Do you have any irl friends who share your music interests? If so, do you plan activities around your interests?

Do you have any irl friends who share your music interests? If so, do you plan activities around your interests?

Nope... I just have you guys...

>irl

>Do you have any irl friends
KEK

Also, Star is massive fucking cuck.

Friends?

having friends is not that hard if you are genuine person and don't use people to feel better about yourself. I just went record shopping with a buddy of mine for RSD and picked up some great shit. It's fun to talk about music and rec each other stuff but more importantly we talk about life stuff.

This is already too much for most of us on this board.

this show is cute

wrong website for friends

not a single fucking one

I'm in my late 20's and have friends, but my pretentious taste in music is a source of jokes at my expense whenever it comes up.

I mentioned something like, "hey, Yoko Ono is actually kinda respected in the noise rock community" once, and that gets quoted sometimes.

I mean, she is. She's always collaborating with people like Sonic Youth and Keiji Haino. I'm not saying she's amazing just that there are a decent number of people on this planet who dig her work.

To be fair, if I were your friend, I would make jokes out of statements like that too, even though I agree with you and understand what you're saying.

A couple of my friends browse Sup Forums

Where can I find friends who like Star Vs?

Yeah, I'm always the butt if hipster jokes with my friends. Shit sucks.

I met a qt not too long ago who had the exact same taste as me. Didn't work out. Sucks.

Did you push up your glasses and straighten your pocket protector when you said this, you fricken dweeb

i'm into a wide variety of genres, so usually i can scrounge up a friendor two to go see a show with. i have deadhead friends, punk friends, hip hop friends, and so on.

nobody as extensively into music as i am that i know of, tho. i have a couple friends who browse Sup Forums, but only really know the meme albums and do it to look cool

what did you do wrong brother, tear down your walls for us

Still a hack tho.

I got one friend whos really into La Dispute and Sup Forumscore and doesn't even know what Sup Forums is

I'm into a wide variety of genres too, so there's the potential of making a wide variety of friends. But it doesn't matter right now because my core personality sucks.

STAR IS A KEK

Also I don't really have friends anymore, I dunno. There's people I can sit with at the lounge at my college but we're more acquintances than actual friends

my gf do but no we don't base what we do around our music unless we're out for a concert. there's almost no good bands playing in our area though.. and most of the time I'd rather spend my money on something else.
it's expensive to go to shows and i dont like the enviroment anyway

I normally don't plan activities around it, but I do talk with some friends about music. I just got a friend into Interpol the other day, and now I'm trying to get him to listen to Tom Waits.

no

Well darn... It's never too late to try to make friends though!

I WANT TO FUCK STAR

DELET

>star
>not the thicc drugged-out cutie on the left

Massive amount of overlap with a few friends. Most of my friends have fairly diverse tastes in music, but really only one I can think of that is very nearly a 1/1 overlap.

>friends

ha ha

I didn't do anything wrong. Was just bad timing for us to meet.

kill left fuck centre marry right

my best friend will like pretty much anything and everything I show him. on his own he usually sticks to top 40 pop songs. but if I show him a new artist or an experimental artist he can easily pick them up.

But I can't talk too in depth about those artist with him, he'll listen to them but he doesn't always get into them as much as I do.

hes also down for w/e concert I want to go to, so he makes a great music buddy.

I have an IRL friend who is one of the tripfags on Sup Forums. Its funny; we have really overlapping tastes but our charts share very few if any albums. But we appreciate the same sounds and feelings and stuff and seldom/never disagree about music.

Other than that basically no-one. I find it weird how my GF and I have very different tastes (she is a classical music aficionado) more than anything else, especially since music is so important to both of us.

tell Montie I hate him

Most of my friends are into the same genre as I, but whereas I look for a lot of underground bands/artists they're happily content with entry-level bands.
It's not that bad, I just wish I could have deeper discussions about music with them.

My current closest friend is also into metal, but stuff like Iron Maiden and entry-level death metal. He doesn't understand black metal and if I put on doom he says stuff like "This could be cool to nap to" It's not a big deal at all though.

My best friend who I had tons in common with, especially music and art, decided to eat a bullet so... there's that

As if.

My musical preferences are simply too refined to be contained by somebody other than myself. It takes a much higher functioning being to get as far as I have.

all my friends are music fags but we all have conflicting taste so we spend most of our time insulting eachother

Not really, but when I moved to this new town for high school I told a couple band kids that I'm into Swans and one of them said she used to see Gira perform all the time in Baltimore, Maryland.

Apparently he's there a lot or something?

same here famalam

I've manage to turn girls on to Sup Forumscore, that seems to be a theme. Over then that my friends more put up with my music taste

Did you fuck her?

How????

While that's indeed pretentious as fuck I'm kind of second-handedly irritated that something like that gets quoted against you. It's not like you were wrong or anything.

I have two friends who I hangout with who have really similar tastes in music as me. We talk about anything from Free Jazz to Black Metal, and we have solid opinions about the music we listen to. In a few weeks we're planning on smoking a ton of weed and marathoning Electric Wizard albums. I love my friends.

My girl has some decent tastes and so I'm usually always trying to show here new stuff and we listen to records together a lot.

One of my other close friends is a huge punk fan so we definitely share that.

yup. got the whole squad
we share music with eachother in a music zone group chat constantly

Shit. You guys made me realise I need to really step my game up.

My girlfriend and I like some of the same music. We went to Boston Calling and I went to a Grimes show with her. She even likes some of Death Grips, but didn't see them perform with me.

no, we take separate cars to go see concerts of bands we hate

Delicious

Oh so close

listen to music and smoke weed, play music

>having irl friends

i like babyfather, daniel johnston, fishmans and young thug
also i sometimes listen to lil peep

anyone wanna be friends

no not really

It's not the same over the web man

who lives in so cal that wants to be friends

i agree

is star the gril

I have a friend who enjoys Pink Floyd and Radiohead almost as much as I do, and I have another friend who enjoys Velvet Underground, but that's about where it stops.

Also, Janna is best girl.

All my friends now sing along to King of Carrot Flowers Part 2-3 and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, but besides a friend who's deep into metal stuff and a friend i got to listen to candy claws and some other shit, not really. But I like a lot of fairly well known rap music, so i still got shit to play when with other.

>Having friends
Hahahahahahahahaha

I'm lucky to have a bunch of friends with varying music tastes. I've got a friend who's really into independent electronic, a couple into underground rap/soundcloud shit, a couple into anarcho and folk punk, early prog rock, and Emo. We'll plan around it sometimes. It varies from Drinking two forties before the end of "Fuck your Emotional Bullshit" to calling Viper

For the record all of these people also know each other

Oh and come to think of it i've even got a friend who's actually straight edge, like '81 D.C Straight Edge. It's fuckin' hilarious. He's got a Minor Threat sheep tattooed on his wrist

one guy and one girl, hes a grimes fan and shes a xxxtentacion fan

fuck

>the most normie board
>average user still has no friends
we suck

I have my two bandmates and my girlfriend. Me and my bandmates bond over some normie shit like RHCP and Anthrax. My girlfriend is great, I've gotten her into a lot of Sup Forumscore and she's shown me a lot of great obscure bands too.

2 of my friends are metalheads but they listen to and appreciate other genres. They take me along to metal gigs and shit.

Other times, I have to deal with faggots who like to listen to edm and 21 pilots so I got them into kanye. Atleast I don't feel like plugging my ears now.

>the most normie board
nah even /lit/ are more normie than us.

my roommate has grown to love a lot of the gay music i listen to

also i shared a bottle of wine with a girl recently and listened to xiu xiu on vinyl

>How???
By finding girls with good taste in music, man. They exist, you just gotta have a good eye for those kind of people.

I have a friend who enjoys a lot of Sup Forumscore stuff I show him. Last thing I got him into was Spiderland. Feels good, man.

I'm in a band with my only friend. At first we got to know each other because of our shared love of doom metal. Our tastes have kind of drifted a little bit, but we still have similar ideas of what sounds cool, and recommend each other music we find.

Whenever we get together to jam, we usually spend the night getting drunk listening to disco, 80s pop, country, and a bunch of other random shit.

Couple of friends and I went to see xiu xiu, It was a good time

>be me 8 years old
>first and best friend lives next to me
>have to move away (it's only an hour away tho)
>feelsbadman
>years later
>the internet starts to become a thing and I get into music, psytrance, goa, hip hop, a lot of things
>everyone here only listens to cringey normie techno, I lose interest in music completely
>I still chat with best friend tho and we sometimes meet, he is into hip hop and he shows me new hot stuff
>I get into hip hop again, I think especially after he showed me some k.dot stuff
>everyone of his friends and his school are into hip hop
>why did I move away feelsbadman
>18, get driver license
>start working, get car from work (lease)
>he has a car too
>we meet more often
>I get to know some of his friends
>we chill out a lot and just listen to hip hop
>get into stuff like mf doom
>he is not into it
>meh
>some of his friends that are my friends are into it tho
>feelsgoodman

Even moar

I have a friend who we talk about music a lot I just recently had him start browsing Sup Forums

is that the vocalist of iceage?

Well, at least we have each other, user. I'm in the same boat.

Bullshit. It's easy when you don't have such little confidence that you sweat buckets even trying to talk to a teacher, so you just don't talk to anybody. Why do you think Sup Forums and 2chan exist? A lot of us are either very depressed or have terrible anxiety.

feelsbadman

none

man i miss the friends i had when i was a kid
we go to random places and there's something new everyday

I wish I had Star in my life.

Steech?

A couple of my friends browse Sup Forums and we share music and go to concerts and stuff

A couple of friends in another friend group really like "indie" music you commonly hear on the radio like Young the Giant, Grouplove, Twenty One Pilots, etc.

my friend likes 80s mainstream music (like modern talking) and space rock, that influenced me to become more interested in 80s music in general, but mostly dancey stuff. post-punk, minimal wave, italo disco, the list goes on

Yeah, actually. I recently saw Sleep with one of my m8s from college. Fantastic show.

kek, i have maybe 2 or 3 people i would genuinely consider friends to the point that i'm totally comfortable around them and not applying some kind of conscious filter to everything i say/ do

then maybe 10 more who i hang out with semi-regularly but don't feel that close to

none of them really like music. mostly just listen to top 40, the most surface level indie, or pop punk/ nu metal. just kind of have to deal with that

oh there is one guy i used to work with who i bump into at shows every few months tho, but he's like 20 years older than me

it's really infuriating how people who don't actually really know or care at all about music still talk about it with this air of authority. does this happen with other media? if someone was in a generic group of adults and started hailing harry potter or twilight as great literary achievements or saying avatar was the greatest film ever made eyebrows would be raised. yet it's totally acceptable to most people to say daft punk or queen are the greatest bands ever

eugh

this, that's actually pretty funny

fuck marry kill

Where do you make friends that have good taste in music?

1.Do a bunch of drugs
2.End up in rehab

College, usually in a non-normie dominated major

What are some examples of a major dominated by normies?

Business for the most part

Most of my friends are into hip hop and i get them into some underground stuff, they get me into some underground stuff. It's nice
My one friend comes here sometimes but isn't a regular. But he's aware of mu core and enjoys nearly all of it.
Brother used to come here regularly, now just every once in a while. Hes really into rock but will listen to pretty much any genre.
Have another friend who never left his edgy teen phase of music and listens to Panic! and TOP as his favorite bands

I've got kinda a mixed bag of music taste in my friend group

I feel this
Ex gf claimed to be "super into music" but literally the whole time we were together she always wanted to play just 2 albums: Coloring Book and Blonde
And while i like thise albums i question how she can claim so much love for music when she limited what she listened to. It was either these or random Drake, J Cole, or The Front Bottoms songs

She didn't know Frank had any other music outside of Blonde and Channel Orange and had no clue he was ever affiliated with Odd Future

She complained that she couldn't listen to Acid Rap by Chance because it wasn't on Apple Music
When i told her it's a free mixtape that you can download or listen to on soundcloud she said "why does Chance have to be so extra"
Like what? That's the opposite of extra. It's free to literally anyone

Idk i feel it. Like why claim all kinds of love for music if it's more of background noise for you

She also had no idea that The Devil And God by Brand New had religious themes and claims they're one of her favorite bands and even has a t shirt of the album cover so maybe she's just retarded idk

>maybe she's just retarded

Well she used phrases like "he's so extra" so this seems likely

She was a normie who wanted to be a special snowflake
I was blinded by my dick so

Yeah she is looking back