He is, hands down, the absolute most overrated drummer to exist

He is, hands down, the absolute most overrated drummer to exist.
Discuss.

Yeah, definitely. He's good, but he's not that good.

It's actually Neil Peart but he might be second

Lars Ulrich is pretty bad.

So is Joey jordison.

Is john bonham really that hate-able to you

idk man, his style is instantly recognizable and suits the sound of his band perfectly. Good mix of power and finesse. I'm not saying he's the best ever, but he's a great player.

Thats a weird way to spell Lars Ulrich

Take one trip into a YouTube comment section for any random Led Zeppelin song. I guaranfuckingtee you that you will see AT LEAST five different Redditors sucking Bonham's decayed, withering, decomposing dick, calling him the greatest drummer to ever live. It gets particularly fucking bad on When the Levee Breaks, where normie faggots who just learned what a snare drum is loudly proclaim how FUCKING AMAZING Bonham's sound is and how he's A FUCKING AMAZING drummer because he managed to get a slightly unusual effect on his drum sound, as if he was literally the only person that could ever place a drum kit at the bottom of a staircase, some microphones at the top, and bang out the same three notes for seven minutes with barely any variation whatsoever.
God, I fucking hate John Bonham.

kys

Great player, though honestly I prefer Ian Paice by quite a bit.

John Bonham tried to be a combination of Keith Moon and Ginger Baker while Neil Pert plays like he has something to prove.

I find Neil Pert annoying.

Plebeian (YouTube): John Bonham
Contrarian (Reddit): Neil Peart
Patrician (Sup Forums): Bill Bruford

Honestly, this. Peart wins just by sheer annoyance. He's so fucking masturbatory, constantly having to show off how fucking AMAZING he is at the drums (there's a live recording where he pauses YYZ halfway through to perform a literal three-minute drum solo that completely breaks the flow of the song, just to show off), but you can really tell that deep down, it's because he's insecure about how skilled he is at the drums. You can tell that, deep down, he knows he will never be as good as those whose style he apes (Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, Michael Giles, especially not fucking Bill Bruford).

Plebeian - John Bonham
Contrarian - Keith Moon
Patrician - Stewart Copeland

wrong

Patrician: Jaki Liebezeit

No, THIS is hands down the most overrated drummer of all time

yeah but those are actually bad and not heavily praised like Bonham

Fuck off Neil

Yes! I've heard the drumming in reggae songs is especially hard to play

he had a style, and a quick foot, that's all there's to it

aside from that, the best drumming he ever did was on Achilles Last Stand

This.

Bruford could play any fucking style and kill it.

Shit opinions.

Bonham had a feel for the groove, sound, ability and influence that was colossal, but he isn't the greatest of all time certainly. He is overrated without a doubt, but thats like any drummer a lot of people jerk it too. That includes Peart, Baker, Moon, Portnoy etc. That's not to say these guys aren't great, but there are a lot of players who are all around better.

That said, Peart has to take the fucking cake, as everyone knows him and insists on his glory. I really like Rush, but at least Bonham did some weird sound things and had feeling, but Peart is really robotic and there are a lot of people of minor fame that are better than he is by a fair bit, Antonio Sanchez being my go to example. Is Peart a fantastic drummer? Yes, absolutely. Is he the Messiah come to save all drummers from poor tempo and off-time playing like everyone says he is? Certainly not.

Stewart won't get you with 16th notes for days in super complex time signatures. However, he's really creative with the beat and his sound. You know it's him from measure one. On technicality, Peart and a few others are better. Yet, when it comes to uniqueness Peart and Bonham themselves admired and in Peart's case tried to copy his sound.

You know, I actually agree that Peart slightly edges out Bonham in the "most overrated drummer" contest, but I wanted to make a Bonham hate thread anyway because Bonham doesn't get ENOUGH hate on Sup Forums. He needs more. Peart could also do with more hate, but Bonham needs it more.

It's interesting. You watch his playing, he has one of the worst techniques of anybody praised for technique. He has an awful habit of turning his body to hit a drum his arm totally could reach.

Meanwhile, you look at someone like Bruford and his shoulders are completely relaxed, he rarely has to turn, he looks like he's not even trying. That's because he's mastered form and technique.