Enjoy Simon Peg's self insert fan fiction?

Enjoy Simon Peg's self insert fan fiction?

I did, thanks.

Yeah it was alright.

Kinda just stunned nobody is angry at it.

>Pegg provides much-needed balance & utility for the whole cast after two movies where nobody but Kirk & Spock actually mattered.
>Sup Forums says it's self-insert fanfiction because he gave Scotty something to do.

What was wrong with it? I'm no Star Trek fan but I've seen the 3 movies and this one made me like Scotty and Bones more than the rest of the crew

It was honestly not terrible!

Not the BEST ever, but the best of the NuTrek films by a wide margin. I'm legitimately interested to see where they'll go next, and I never thought I'd say that.

She is a qt. We need more alien looking (but still fuckable) alien girls.

Me too.
I've seen some massive, die-hard Trek fans have nothing but good things to say about it, which is fucking WEIRD. The fucking Trekyards guys liked it! I didn't even know that was possible!

could have been a bit less low-sci-fi with the whole BEES schtick

Ehhh I honestly think its better then all TNG movies

I will agree to that.

Which is not saying a whole hell of a lot in the grand scheme, but there it is.

Trekkies love it because it's structured like an episode of the TV series, albeit a longer, action-packed one, and plays to the strengths of the character relationships

I don't know if this is all paid shilling or what but I kind of want to see the new star trek now.

So that girl was Simon's Pegg's self-insert?

It's probably the best we could've hoped for, honestly.

Star Trek Beyond: It could have been a lot worse!

JUSTin Lin really fucked up this time, someone tell me that he at least plugged Corona

SPACE
BLACKULA

She seemed more like a daughteru than a waifu to me

I'm debating, when they first meet Pegg seems smitten with her.

Clearly, Simon Pegg wants to be a hot, young alien that gets nailed by Chris Pine.

They came up with a really crazy backstory for the villain, I'm kinda sad they didn't actually flesh him out.

He was basically a genetically mutated Col. Kurtz.
Plus I liked Elba's weird ticks and mispronunciations , which at first you think are alien, but then turn out to be part of some sort of Dissociative Identity Disorder

SIMON PLEASE COME BACK

honestly I cannot believe people are liking it
it was just pure shit

I'm a Trekkie but I can differentiate between a good film and a good Trek film and this was neither
shit pacing, shit characters, shit writing and shit action sequences
Fuck you Simon Pegg, you fucking arrogant cunt. You aren't the paragon of nerd culture. You're a fucking cunt.

It's pretty good, I thought it was a light 8 solid 7, my father and brother said the same pretty much. One of the better action movies I've seen in a while

yes, actually

much better than jj's fan fiction tier shit

There are some legitimate shills or trolls here, nothing new

Just look for the people who put exclamation marks where they're not needed

I find it extremely hard to believe that companies actually pay people to shill on Sup Forums, how many people even visit this board daily? I think a lot of people who lurk here just have a hard time believing that people like things that they don't

YFW you realise that Simon and Edgar Wright were the creatives and that that tub of shit was just the insert for fat Americans to project themselves into the films. He was a glorified extra with a couple of clever lines written for him.

>kirk's knowing nod and smug grin when he sees Sulu and his husband

SUBTLE
U
B
T
L
E

I'm not saying it because they like it, I'm saying because there's posters in this thread who speak very unnaturally for both Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Its not hard to spot. The question is whether they are shills or trolls.

Just like you know something feels funny about people praising BvS here like its the second coming of Christ, you can tell they're not sincere

is montgomery scott married? i kept waiting for him to hook up with j law but then i saw he had a ring on

>Sulu and his husband
I honestly can't remember this at all.

There are two scenes. One when they first dock at yorktown, and one at the ending. It's like 10 seconds on screen, max.

>Bones

karl urban is doing a great job as Bones. brilliant casting.

Pegg can go fuck himself but the movie was alright

what did you expect from people who went to see this turd after two shit movies and those terrible trailers?

only the lowest common denominator is left, pure retarded autists

them and shills

>hating on based cucumber khan
kys

why do people hate the reboots.
>good acting
>based theme
>amazing cgi and practical effects
They are a million times better than the shitty tv show.

it's because Pegg is one of the nerdiest writers in the business who grew up on this shit, after 9 years and two failures he was tired of Abrams fucking it up and saw to making a proper Trek film himself

Karl Urban is great. I'm not the only one that likes him right? Why don't we see him in more films?

I love the man, but he has no fucking range

he basically is there to fill any role that requires a grim cynical guy

he has a role in thor ragnarok

Yeah, you're right. But to be honest, Hollywood could use some more actors who are actually manly.

(You)

>implying that tos isn't full of shitty acting.

there has yet to be a single reboot film where the Enterprise doesn't get its shit wrecked in combat

the Enterprise is supposed to be the Flagship of the Federation, the most advanced and powerful vessel the Federation has at any point in time, and it keeps getting shit on

I'd enjoy a self-insert in her if you know what I meant by this tbqhijkino famalamino.

it got wrecked by superior ships though.
>enormous romulan ship
>u.s.s vengeance
>fucking swarm of a million ships
It still is a powerful ship and it only gets destroyed by far superior ships.

I get that, but it still irks me that we never got to seen the Enterprise kick some ass in a decent fair fight

Nemesis might have been shit but atleast Enterprise got to kick some ass

Yeah but the destruction in Beyond was the best ever put on screen. You get a sense of the interior volume of the ship and how tough it really is to survive as much of a pounding as it suffered from the swarm.

It was a fun Star Trek movie, it was not a good Star Trek movie. The best thing you can say about it is that it had a lot more of the important Star Trek elements and felt like a fun space adventure. This is opposite the first two with ST09 being a slick shiny reboot that wasn't telling a story, just making us buy into the nuTrek cast. And Into Darkness which was a political false-flag action movie script that someone at paramount found in a dumpster behind a Burger King and they scribbles out all of the existing names and places and filled them in with Star Trek stuff.

Beyond is a Star Trek movie, just not a great one. I'll take a dozen more just like this and be plenty happy as long as they keep showing us new things. Hopefully they find better music to insert into the next movie.

Real bad bait

A fourth movie has been greenlit so we can only hope. Am i the only one that likes into darkness the most? Fucking based khan

Beyond was objectively better but yea I like Darkness the best personally, just because I enjoy the Federation principle's get called out over its hypocrisy of abandoning its principle's when it's convenient

because they're just star wars movies with all the surface things people recognise about star trek
say what you will about shitheaps like nemesis and the final frontier but they still felt like star trek movies

What film are you referring to?

>structured like an episode of the TV series
Oh so teaser then five acts then a tag? Dumbass.

Learn what 'structure' means in a screenwriting context before using that term.

A-a-are they no longer friends?

i still get chills whenever i see the new khan , like when he crushes robocop's head . fucking brutal

You're a cunt. I'ts just like an episode.
>Establishing shot of ship at alien planet
>Captains log intro
>Trope of crew about to go on R & R
>Distress call and the enterprise has to go out to investigate
>Away mission shit
I could go on but you get my point. Structure is a fine way to refer to what he's talking about. Stop being pedantic.

They may well be, but in the original show/movies, the Enterprise name endures and new Enterprises keep getting built because of the successes it and its crews have had

In nu-Trek, I'd be surprised if they didn't just give up on the Enterprise name considering the constant carnage that surrounds it.

People really hate Into Darkness. I think most really hated the retread of the Kahn plot.

the enterprise's crew has saved the federation from certain destruction 3 times already. i doubt they will give up on the enterpise name.

i liked it . i mean it's a new universe . it payed homage to the warth of kahn and managed to be unique too. i mean the writers have a huge universe to draw from . it would be stupid to just keep making new storylines considering this is a reboot.

wrath*, khan* sorry about that.

Meh. I could tell it was Jewish propaganda.
>"THERE'S STRENGTH IN UNITY"
>the big bad is a lost relic from before The (((Federation))), as if pride for your hometeam is bad.
because Trek fans have always been shameless cuckolds.

He's always working

>white haired pale alien elf with facial markings

Haven't seen this film yet, but from the looks of it I probably will

Is it as bad as people say? I enjoyed the other two Star Trek reboot films, but this one wasn't looking great from the trailer I've seen

It's the best of the reboot series

jewish propaganda is loving your friends and saving the world apparently . kill yourself you fucking retard.

If we ever get a Deus Ex movie, I'm going to be pissed if he's not playing Adam Jensen.

Okay, hopefully my friend wants to go see it with me

>this post

Tryin' a wee bit 2 hard m8

Liberal cuck sorry I'm not a sheep and took the red pill.

SABATOGE
A
B
A
T
O
G
E

>a message of unity is a bad thing

Wait, I thought you Sup Forums jackasses were complaining about the Jews trying to divide us. Which is it?

Careful who you take, 2 pea-brained normie friends of mine feel asleep during and said it was lame

Would have been GOAT Batman.

I like Ben Al-fliki though too

He enjoyed the 2009 Star Trek and shitposts on this board, so It's probably fine

i'm not liberal nor am i a cuck . you are not red-pilled you are a fat virgin autistic fuck that has nothing better to do with his life than spewing " LE JEWS ARE BAD" . seriously kill yourself you waste of oxygen . no one will fucking miss you.

There is no red pill. There are only two blue pills.

was /mars/ in this or did I miss see the admiral at york town?

he's awesome
need another dredd

i want marvel to use him as wolverine (if they ever need another mutant on caps avengers)

also he's the best mccoy! you can tell he respects the original and puts it full force.

the movie was okay.
i loved mccoy and spock friendship. i think mccoy stole the scene everytime he was on.

>Hey Scotty, make out with this hot alien chick.

They never do that though

Consider suicide

I don't think he was that interested in her since he kept calling her lassie, which I feel is a term used for someone you consider much younger than you and therefore not a love interest.

Sup Forums gets about 28 million unique visitors per month. It's no facebook, but it's big.

Bare in mind, viral marketing is cheap. Big productions with have advertising budgets in the hundreds of millions, paying someone minimum wage to shitpost on the internet is nothing to them.

I did yeah, easily the best of the three. was not expecting such.

also had no idea it was the same chick from 'kingsman'

Yes, actually, I did.

Wait for the extended edition, where they include the 15 minute sex scenes between them.

he named the jew

love her, she's also the new Mummy

ankhesenamun!!!!!

She can be my mummy anytime

It was actually added in at the last minute by the studio to try and whip up media hype for the movie.

This was the best Star Trek movie of the reboot, but the scene where it "surfs" on the wave of alieum ships to rock music that's actually playing IRL was stupid as hell.

This isn't Fast and the Furious, Star Trek should have class.

wasnt a bad movie
mostly throughout the movie i was expecting the entire thing to get meta and take it to the next level, but it never did, it never ramped it up a notch, it never surpassed the previous two, it just shambled onward with the status quo

the characters werent amazing the plot wasnt amazing

the ending was cool with the riding the wave of explosion to the track of music , kind of cool finale, but the villain never really ramped up the threat or the crew never really felt like they were in danger even though the ship was completely shredded torn to pieces everyone was just all chipper and happy after like losing like over half of the enterprise crew to the void of space