Why is it so hard to stay sober?

why is it so hard to stay sober?

because there's very little at all that merits staying sober for

it's not though

Have had kidney surgery 3 times, kidney stones removed, still piss kidney stones out occasionally.

Im 29. Been drinking since 17.

Will it ever stop? yo, i dont know, turn out the lights, and ill glow.

Because fuck the world and work

You're right it really isn't. These fags need to find another passion then drinking/drugging.

Weakling.

to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal,
light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

sometimes we run from real life because it's shitty or boring

but that's just your perspective, man

try psychedelics.. they're non-addictive and and nontoxic
you'll come back to sober and really like it

shit man
starting to have problems with my kidneys too
i still choose to ignore it since its not very painfull at the moment and see what happens

thats because your addict of some sort and have forgotten life before sobriety. Im a drunk and dont enjoy it much at all anymore, get nothing out of it but the thought of going home after work and not drinking disturbs me

Dump rap.

cant say youre wrong

Had 2 kidney stones pile up on eachother causing a blockage. almost lost my left kidney.

Most painful experience of my life

Addiction therapist here. Because your brain works differently than non addicts.

Any other questions?

what do you mean exactly?

why'd you get sober in the first place, user?

because you aren't taking naltrexone.

It's a hijacking of the pleasure/reward circuitry - drug addiction causes the amygdala to override the prefrontal cortex. About 1 in 10 people have this problem. I really don't feel like typing it all out. Can't you just google it?

no

Oh. k then.

Because life's fucking shit and we do what we have to do to get through the day.

You have a reward system in your brain, Sex, Eating chocolate, eating food even taking a shit, When you become an addict you have destroyed your natural reward system and the only reward you seek is the substance/s you drowned that reward system with in the first place.

YOU CAN NEVER GET THE REWARD SYSTEM BACK

YOU CAN REPLACE THE BAD REWARD WITH THINGS LIKE WORK OR HELPING OTHERS

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THE FUN YOU DID LIKE YOU USED TO HAVE WHEN YOU FIRST ENJOYED GETTING FUCKED UP ONCE SOBER!

Once sober you can be a smug cunt and smirk at all the 'idiots' and there addiction problems, the average drinker who has a beer on a friday night is also 'addicted' according to you

sobriety is boring

Because drugs are the cure for boredom. Once you find that out nothing is ever the same no matter how many meetings you go too.

K

Go watch some anime or spend way too long explaining why you don't watch anime. Either that or you're brown in which case your opinion is immediately invalid.

damn someone's bitter

it's hard to do without help. You should talk to your friends and family.

Well, you pretty much had it up until the last line, lol. The last line refers to what people in AA would call a "dry drunk." I'd rather just be a drunk, personally.

just find a better drug, alcohol really is shit tier

it's not. no alcohol for 6 years no. no fucking problem at all

Addicts in this thread, I have the answer you seek.
You use because there is something broken or missing inside of you. If you find out what it is and fix it, you won't even want to poison yourself any longer.
I know how simple it sounds, but I am right. Why do you think rehab has such a low rate of success? Users go back to their drug because they are fucked up inside. You can fix the outside with rehab and AA as much as you like, but until your find the problem within you, you'll be carrying that ball and chain around with you.

its true
once your out of the tipsy stage its fucking shitty
still better than watching youtube videos and jacking off

lol really genius? What do you think AA and rehabs are trying to do?

I just want to be sober and I will, I just know what Im up against to get there

Good for you! That's the right attitude.

sorry man, but you need to do a lot more introspection. is right about "dry drunk"

If you belt up your missus or kids or have a foul temper like you did when you were a drunk once sober then yes call me a dry drunk, but I dont do any of those things, I dont bother anyone with my alcoholism, My family is plagued with substance abuse and alot of them have gotten clean.

bait harder troll fag!

no dude, it's the mindset. as long as you think that by not being an active addict you're missing out on something, you're setting yourself up for failure. this is something you're going to have to maintain control over for the rest of your life; you can't afford to be bitter about it.

How do avoid?

If you want to know what they do, ask someone who's been in those programs, like me. They don't work for reasons mentioned above. AA comes close, but is more of a safety net system, it doesn't claim to fix anything at all. Ama, please leave name calling to nigger threads and Sup Forums

try not having a genetic predisposition to kidney stones, you should be good

>God this picture is fucking humiliating. Can't they just let me eat lunch in peace?

Because I have nothing else going on in my life but work.

I had a fucking awesome shit this morning

I haven't drunk for 2 years.
Just think of the hangover

yeah thats the one thing i have never missed once

its not that bad if you know what to drink
clear liquor and a lot of water before going to bed and youre good

And vomiting

once you're thinking straight it's easy to see how unpleasant alcohol is

Not for me, towards the end I was pretty exclusive vodka, and drank water a lot. I used to get hungover after like 5 hours of drinking, while still drun
> not a problem now I guess

If this is true about never getting my normal reward system back, should I kill myself? I feel like I should kill myself. I don't drink anymore but I'm a miserable rotten cunt all the time and nothing pleases me. My dick doesn't even work anymore.

I drink regularly, but I don't ever drink so much I throw up or black out and am actually a functioning member of society./

Drinking is fun. I'm fine with people who don't drink regularly, but the vast majority of people who are 100% sober aren't fun and look for every opportunity to bring that up.

Just don't drink so much it ruins your life and health and drink some water, you weak willed no fun faggots.

addiction is a symptom. figure out what's making you a feel like a miserable cunt and work on that. it'll be difficult but the rest will be easier

Because you are homosexual and don't want to admit it?

How do I go about that?

I drink about 2 bottles of wine per night, which is waaay too fucking much. I've been doing it for about a year, and its the first time in my life where I've felt that my drinking has gone out of my control.

It kind of sucks ass, I know its a problem and I know how to fix it, but I have zero motivation to do so.

Im mentally addicted to weed, yeah sad, but for some reason when I have the herb around me I cant help but some it, even when my tolerance is through the roof, but once Im out I dont have any urges. Hmm.

Stop using/drinking first, idiot. Then ask yourself what's missing besides booze/drugs.

This isn't rocket science.

I know that feel! no drinks tonight but tomorrow is payday so Im going to drink hard after a hard days work.

I already said I don't drink anymore, faggot. But what's left is just a big gaping black hole in my soul.

write shit down. like anything negative that comes into your mind, get it on paper. after a while you'll see a pattern

I've never had alcohol, cigarettes, or recreational drugs. I've never abused prescription drugs either.

I'm 27.

I'm guessing it's difficult to stay sober if you've done one of these things before. Because for me, I have no desire to do any of the above at all.

Im with you OP I was drunk daily for 15 years and couldn't stop even after developing liver problems. I haven't drank now in nearly two years after discovering kratom. About 15g per day and i have no desire to drink alcohol anymore. My liver is healing up, i am functional, and actually have a positive outlook on life for the first time in recent memory.

I know it seems like trading one problem for another, and kratom is indeed a habit, although it is one that doesnt seem to have any side effects. It is legal (for now), does no damage to the body, and i am fully functional without anyone noticing while i have a little kratom buzz.

If you can't quit cold turkey, this is one option i can vouch for.

Weed is just as addictive as, say, video games, or watching t.v. "it's fun and there's no reason not to, so why not do it?" One only quits them when one finds or comes up with some reason to quit, if there is no reason, well, then obviously one wouldn't quit. My opinion and experience at least. I have pounds but Need to piss clean so I quit cold turkey no problem

What do you think is missing inside of you that caused you to feel the need to come to this thread and make this post?

I should have listened to mom and did this. I'm not an alcoholic but boy I sure love drinking. Every night for the past 4 years now...

It's REALLY easy if you're poor and living paycheck to paycheck.

its op
im drunk and sad
its like that every time i drink but i still do it
alcohol is not even pleasant at this point
its the opposite
i just get depressed

This doesn't explain drunk bums or trailer trash :/

Wish I was like you user! no homo

so if it's making things worse, why do you think you still drink?

Maybe it's the welfare fraud? I don't know, but I mostly just use the money left over from my shitty pay to buy food for myself and my cat. Beer is honestly a luxury for me.

Im a pot head and know how you feel OP. Whenever I'm sober I'm bummed out for no reason, lose the little bit of self confidence i dont even deserve and social anxiety makes me reclusive. Guess I'm just a fag

we're all fags and niggers here user

Beer is retarded, has estrogenic properties (look at any heavy beer drinker's titties, it's not just the sugar/gluten) on top of most needing a few to even catch a buzz.

If I'm gonna drink I want a buzz without bitch tits, please.

Because being under the influence feels better than being sober you retard.

Because it's so easy to get fucked up.

Ya but why do i gotta be like this. Sometimes when i wake up i realize how lonley i really am and it sucks. I guess ill get drunk on here since i got no weed.
>cheers

I agree. Most of it tastes like foamy piss but there are some good ones. I can't rightly drink Guinness anymore after getting blackout drunk. I'd rather stick with hard liquor if I have the money.

because im a retard

When you drink frequently too much for years (10-15+ years) usually what happens is that something else than your liver is giving up. Pancreas or kidneys are in danger. Because more or less your liver is such a big organ and it also regenerates in between the bouts. Of course if you don't drink daily. Also stomach issues are coming from drinking. I quit drinking after I started to get these health issues, my body just doesn't tolerate getting drunk every weekend 1-2 times. I did that for over 15 years I think.

nope.
you don't have to have an answer, you don't even have to say it out loud, but you should think about it. there's something important there.

do you like yourself?

i hope so
i know that im an edgy faggot

It's not completely about the reward system. It's also related to chemical reserves of the brain. Some people get more dopamine/endorphine automatically and they stay concentrated and 'happy' for longer periods. Some people lose those reserves very quickly and this leads to stimulant use be it either alcohol or some other stuff. But this is a very bad cycle and makes things only worse.

I dont even know, I guess i dont hate myself but i still just feel like I'm annoying to my friends. Everyone just thinks of me as that stoner or druggy at school and I'm honestly just lonley.

maybe you get off on the idea of being sad though. i know for the longest time i enjoyed being sad but i was sad so i assumed it was bad. but sadness is the only real emotion i can feel that seems real sometimes, i can laugh at jokes, be content and happy with life, but sometimes i just really enjoy feeling sad and depressed. i'll put on some music and drink, watch a sad movie or sometimes it's not just sad but like that part of your brain that associates whatever emotion with crying, even pride and extreme happiness - but it all ties in with drinking for me. and i think a lot of it has to do with nostalgia and the realization that my life is half over.

so with that i drink every night, functioning alcoholic w/e...but it maintains that same feeling i had when i was younger. and like i said i enjoy being sad quite often, because feeling that much sadness then coming out of it is better than drugs, and alcohol can get you there on command.

so ask yourself if you're depressed because you drink or if you are depressed because you want to be depressed. if it really bothered you, you'd quit, but part of you probably feels you don't deserve that happiness, and that's how it starts, a quid pro quo of little ideas that bash you down and make you feel bad, but they also keep you company - and when you drink company is good, even shitty company.

at least that's my understanding of this, probably way off and nobody will read but w/e.

once we all die we go nowhere, there is nothing, we could have lived forever but our dna programs us to age...so at this point you can live a clean life, a drunk life, you can be president or you can be a bum, in the end it's really the quality of life you are building for yourself and what you're content with living.

how much longer do you have left in school?

alcohol is an impulse control problem far more than a chemical problem

seems like you're filling that role of druggy/stoner just fine, bud... I was that kid until I decided to stop getting fucked up unless it was a reward to myself for a productive day.

It's 10x easier to inhale weed, drink booze, etc than to do something about your life proactively.

That's like a 400lb person saying, welp, it's already this bad...and exercise is too hard so I'll just keep going at the same pace... it's complacency and shouldn't be applied when you live that comfortable of a life that you can afford to just zone the fuck out all the time, a lot of people would kill for that.

Year and a half of hs than off to college. My life isn't even so bad i even have a group of stoner friends but I'm still sad when I'm sober and I'm bad at talking to people especially chicks even tho sometimes i dream about having a gf and wake up sad.

I may be high all the time but I'm still productive at school. I can function just fine high and it makes it easier to focus and talk to people

Keep smoking weed with those same people, don't ever be forced to evolve as a person, and we'll see how little you've changed in 10 years.

Think you can't talk to girls now? Imagine another 5-10 years of doing this same thing day in day out, it will be nearly impossible.

skin the cat now or reap what you sowed later on, it's not hurting anyone but yourself.

oh dude, dont even trip
high school is as bad as it gets, nothing that happens there matters and its all shit. it's all uphill from here dude. it's seriously just a 4 year test.

oh shit man you got a lot of life change coming. in high school i was a piece of shit whiny little lazy bitch. smoked weed 5x a day...got my GED, moved on to something called HSED, got my diploma with honors went to college met real people that weren't HS fags and learned a thing or two, got a job at a restaurant and really learned a lot about life. married a woman for 10 years and had ups and downs i never would have expected. i changed so much since then that i could never have predicted the person i am now, the important thing is to realize at your age you have your whole life ahead of you, but that SHIT GOES FUCKING FAST. don't let it pass you by and you wind up being 30-40 and realizing late that you wasted your prime years to be a badass bitch fuckin party animal or w/e fun things you could do if you could only "go back" uncle rico shit.

your mindset will change and so will your habbits. don't worry about it now, just focus on the things you want to achieve before you become an old piece of shit so you don't live in regret at like 30-40 or worse 30-death

I don't get why drinking is such a problem. Tbh I hate drinking. However I love weed and smoke it every day. Been that way for like 6 years now

Thanks this makes me feel a little better, like i said lifes not bad but I'm still just bummed. Its just cuz i feel so lonley, but i never wanna tell anyone cuz no one actually cares that much. Everyone's just in it for themselves and i just wanna hang out with some ppl who care and r like me

that shit will change once you meet some fucking cunt that fucks your shit up. you probably won't even like her at first, but you'll settle so you can keep nutting in her and partying with her...then she'll change into some nasty piece of shit, probably starts gambling your money away, or worse...then she starts fucking your life up and you try to fix it, because you fell for that dumb bitch...i used to feel that way until i spent years with my ex, found out women are fucking worthless fuck tubes even the good ones. learn to love yourself.

>We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.

hunter thompson

maybe start reading about people like yourself.

How do i change? A sober life doesn't seem like a life worth living