There is no such thing as Transgender

There is no such thing as Transgender.

Discuss.

Why?

You cant actually change your gender

There is, transgender is a word used to describe something. Your personal feelings towards whether or not these people have a legitimate claim in ... whatever, is far beyond the point and couldn't be less of a concern.

It's a word. It describes something.

If someone is a male and then changes to become a female, then you'd say they're a transgender male (or is it female), right?

So, what's the problem? Noone's arguing against you. They're still a transgender.

If gender is the social aspect of your sexual identification and sex is the biological, then it makes sense that you can change your gender. It would be more difficult, but in the future as medicine advances, it may be more or less possible to change your sex as well

>If someone is a male and then changes to become a female
Literally not possible

it's important to identify that if you're just saying you're female while you were previously male, then that's gender, which is possible, and not sex, which doesn't change just because you say it does

We were told "transgender" was "transitioning" from one sex to the other. Then WHY the fuck is it, the male to female ones are still keeping their junk? They have all the pronoun SJW shit going on? Why are they so hung up on "I'M TRANS!!!!" instead of "I'm a girl"?

>Calling bullshit. It's attention-whoring. They're trying to create a special snowflake gender.

Sorry to burst your bubble but nobody gives a shit what you think about the subject. If you're just going to reply to long sentences with "NOT POSSIBLE" then whatever full sentence of thinking you can come up with will definitely not be worth reading.

>strawmaning this hard
Well, it's Sup Forums after all

That might be some confusion about the transitioning part, but I've always heard of trans meaning like a transition that already happened. Some of their tumblr pronoun stuff is ridiculous too, but that's tumblr for you. It also kind of goes against them if they say they're a trans man or trans woman rather than just saying man or woman because it may make them seem like they aren't a "real" woman, even to themselves, but that's their own fault

Yeah, stawmanning...

>Bruce Jenner kept his junk

Transgender people have the same gender as whatever gender they identify as. Its not a different one

If Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner kept their junk then I suppose you would consider their sex as male and gender as female

Nigger writting long sentences doesnt make your initial premise not retarded

i'm sure there is

i've definitely seen a transsexual with my own eyes in person

No, Bruce Jenner is a confused dude with sewn on tits.

Scientifically speaking, you can't give or take or remake a chromosome by any known means. But who cares. Some people bang trannies. Some don't.

C'mon, user.

Jenner specifically, or all transgender or transsexual people?

Gender ≠ Sex
It's that simple, OP.

Agreed

I'm not sure what's confusing you. All "transgendered" dudes named Bruce Jenner.

transgender is a thing, its called a mental disorder

Not confused, just not sure if you didn't like that particular person

He's an attention whore, like every "I'M TRANS!!!" idiot.

When I was little I wondered why there are only two genders? Why not three?

I can see why now

Some people are, but I try to keep in mind that they're individuals. It's like hating any group just because a lot of them act ridiculous

I'll allow there's quite a few trans people around who you'd never know were trans... but the mouthpieces of their "community" are loud, obnoxious, and idiots. Hello Riley Dennis.

Gender and sex are synonyms

They are synonyms

It could depend on who you ask, but the definition of gender seems to be shifting toward being whatever you identify as, rather than as a synonym for sex. Maybe it started happening because of the need of a specification between the two?