To show the loyal and inevitably doomed stooge

he's like one of them little bitches on the chessboard

this.

whats the point of any character?

is that Dirty Dee's henchman?

World goin one way, people another

>muh corners

What is the point of this character?

Have you watched the whole show? He goes through more character development than anyone.

he's like one of them bearded bitches on a chess board

He was the average soldier. Did bad things to get by in the game, and ultimately died a pointless death over principles that don't make sense to people outside of that world, but also not the stupid violent thug the world stereotypes people like him as.

He was just an average little cog that served its purpose in perpetuating the system.

To teach us how to spit.

>the conversation in the botanical gardens over lunch before his death
>Causal conversation in the diner with the McNulty

When you compare him to the man who killed Wallace, he really changes. He's also one of the most consistently likable characters.

the same as the point of the show: to try and humanize sub-human, drug-dealing, violent niggers

Too many sophisticated niggers. Need one or two hard ass rough nigs to mix it up.

I was so goddamn bummed when he got killed.

I agree, his death hit me more than anything else in the show. It's just not fair.

Why are you questioning the point of fucking Bodie of all people?

>gets murdered by a tranny

What an embarrassing way to die.

BASED BODIE

Because he's a retard.

Who /D'Angelo/ here?

it's trying to put this notion in your head that blacks are people too

If Bodie's life and death illustrated the perfect corner boy cog, then who had the most pointless death?

ALL WOMEN IS BITCHES

Giving you feels.

Omar

fucking ridiculous

What do you mean by "pointless" death?

Where da boy, String?

D was, and still is one of my favorite The Wire characters. I fucking cried when he died in S2. Fuck, think I'm gonna weep again.

Michael could only take over as the new Omar if Omar died. That too has one of those 'time is a flat circle' purposes to it. Maybe Prop Joe? He was underrated.

He was 100% committed to the game and put it even before his superiors. He didn't harbor dreams of grandeur and instead made the most of out his given situation.

So are half the characters on the show

Bodie represents Sup Forums's anxieties in the face of a changing world.

My The Wire review. Need constructive criticism to improve my writing skills, so hit me as hard as you can!

Start:

Rarely do you see a show like this that has so much ambition in what it's trying to accomplish, and more rarely do you see a show like this succeed in it's intention of doing so. Let me introduce you The Wire, the best TV show put on small screens. The show that will, after you've finished it, live you empty inside, because you'll never find another TV show that can rival it. With it's five seasons, The Wire raised the bar of quality for TV shows, the bar that no TV show to date has managed to reach.

The Wire's story is set in the city of Baltimore, and it's about the slow fall of Baltimore city, about the pointlessness of the war on drugs, the bureaucracy and corruption that infest both the police force and drug-dealing gangs, class war against the labor unions, and the city's dysfunctional public schools system. And it's all shown through the perspective of law enforcement and drug dealers. As the story goes, you'll encounter well thought out plot twists, and you'll see a lot of characters die, because, as David Simon said: "We are not selling hope, or audience gratification, or cheap victories with this show. The Wire is making an argument about what institutions—bureaucracies, criminal enterprises, the cultures of addiction, raw capitalism even—do to individuals. It is not designed purely as an entertainment. It is, I'm afraid, a somewhat angry show.", and that makes the show so great, because deaths have meanings and consequences, and aren't just there for the shock factor like in Game Of Thrones. It also helps that Simons knows what he's talking about since he was writing a lot for the Baltimore Sun, and he saw a lot of things on the streets that are portrayed in the show.

I was talking about the person that asked the question, not about based Brodie.

Didn't advance the story, release dramatic tension; it felt 'cheap' or 'forced,' or it was just meant to shock. Ya know, out of place.

I tried a couple of seasons of walking dead, and he was a pretty annoying character in it. Kinda ruined the character when I tried to watch the Wire.

I don't think there was one.
Even the literal whos that Snoop killed served a purpose.

Everything you need to know about the character is in this one scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbK5HIfdyWc

Cont:

Acting team consists of familiar HBO actors, and of real cops and criminals, and they all did a pretty damn good job. Some are weaker, and that is most notable during season 1 and 5, but weak actor aren't that usual in the show, so don't worry. I'd say the best actor is easily Dominic West as McNulty, who stole the show for me, but since I'm biased towards McNulty, don't take my word for granted.

The only problem I had with the The Wire was one of fifth season's arcs, the one with the newspapers. It felt out of place for me, and it wasn't that interesting. It didn't introduce interesting characters nor was it on par with The Wire's better arcs.

In the end, The Wire did what little to no TV show could hope to do, it succeed with it's extremely ambitious, and I'd say impossible mission to tell a story of Baltimore's crumble. The social commentary, the writing on the characters, the well thought out plot twists, great directory, and David Simon's expertise on the case made The Wire the best television show ever seen on small screens. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, because once it ends, you'll be left with an empty whole within yourself, because they'll never be a TV show that could rival The Wire. Now go watch it already!

That's everything, what do you dislike the most? Tear me a new asshole if you need to, but I try to be constructive as much as you can. Thanks!

Brodie's death wasn't pointless, it did have consequences. So do many deaths in The Wire. This isn't GoT.

In The Wire he was one of the better character, at least for me. He was well written, and his growth as a character was done real good. TWD has shit writing, and is mediocre at best.

DUDE NEGROES LMAAAO

The plight of the pawn.

he's the viewer's self insert

But that's exactly my point. Many shows--especially nowadasy--kill for shock value, while missing the point of how carefully each death was crafted in the Wire. I'm racking my brain to see if there was ever a misstep throughout the series.

Nope, you're wrong.

He was certainly sympathetic, but his death was anything but unfair. Don't forget he murdered his childhood friend in cold blood so he could take his place in a brutal criminal organization. He lived by the sword, and he died by it. That's as fair as it gets.

That would be Ziggy

I watched TWD in season 1, skipped the farm, saw most of the jail, and burnt out some point at or near Alexandria. Once the main characters become clearly unkillable I abandoned it.

Oh, I misunderstood your comment, it would seem. Sorry. Yeah, there aren't many shows like The Wire, which sucks, but if you'd like a great war drama I'd recommend Legend Of The Galactic Heroes anime, it's basically The Wire of the anime. Both are really ambitious tv shows, that are among the very best, if not the best in it's medium and beyond. If you do not like anime, I get it, but give it a shot, it's really good. Sorry for shilling, but I just really love it and want to recommend it to as much people as I can.

Maybe Omar? Didn't see much point of his death, except maybe for the implication that Michael will become the new Omar.

Is English your first language?

And yet if you were to here about Wallace's death on the news you'd think whoever pulled the trigger is the most despicable kind of scum.

Really speaks to the strengths of the show

I couldn't even finish season 2. Was pretty bad to mediocre. I heard that graphic novel was better, but I didn't read it, because I'm not really interested in zombie stuff.

I have typos, need to correct them. English is my second language, Croatian being the first. Outside of grammar, did you notice more any other flaws?

If nothing else it shows that death can be sudden and inexplicable, and that no matter how careful or lucky you might be, there isn't shit you can do about a world in which a child will murder you for a bounty or street cred. How do you defend against that?

Also a lesson in the importance of knowing when to cash in your chips and get out. He was out, he was away somewhere nice that he could make a new life. He had to go back, though. He couldn't walk away, and it was one time too many.

Didn't Michael kill him?

He didn't kill Wallace to take his place. He was a loyal soldier and he killed Wallace because he was ordered to

He was talking about Bodie being killed by them.

Pretty good for writing in your second language, honestly, but yeah grammatical errors, misused verbiage and sentence structure.
>did you notice more any other flaws
>more any other
This kind of thing. But again this is not your first language. And let's be honest, most native English speakers don't have that much respect for proper English anyway.

I know. And wasn't it Michael who killed Bodie?

this comment was grammatically incorrect, because it's 3 in the morning here, so I a bit tiered, but I see what you're talking about. Thanks for the criticism, I'll try to improve my grammar in the future.

Yep, he headshoted him.

I'm*

season 2 sucks

Nah, I mean he killed Wallace so that he could secure his own place as a soldier.

>season 2 sucks
Why do people say this? Just because it deals mainly about whites doesn't mean it's bad.

Yeah no worries man, something I would suggest, if you don't do it already, is reading your own writing aloud. It really makes issues in the text stand out. And if you're used to hearing English media you'll probably notice issues in your writing pretty clearly.

>Yep, he headshoted him.

Know just that he made a 90 degree attack around that corner at him. He moved like a knight on a chess board. Whilst Snoop and Chris moved towards Bodie diagonally like knights.

>Why do people say this?

It's a natural reaction on your first run through. There's a dramatic shift in tone, characters, dialect and focus from the streets to the docks and it's jarring on your initial viewing. One the second or later run through they will appreciate how it fits in with the overarching narrative.

pottery

I do that sometimes and it does help. I'll try to do it more often in the future, thanks yet again, user!

>diagonally like knights
nigger wut

In episode three, there's a chess game where D talks about how they're all pawns and not kings. Bodie is there to show us that life isn't a game and strategy just exists in games. People live their lives doing their thing. There's no way to reach the end and become king because there is no end and there is no king, aside from the kings already in place.

Fuck, meant bishops obviously.

One my first watch I liked season 2 from the start. Sure, it's a major departure from season 1, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I'm just tired of seeing these types of comments.

Because they don't understand how the increasing pressure on working class and middle class industrial workers and tradesmen plays a role in why there was a crack and gang epidemic in the city, and elsewhere in the country. They couldn't make a living anymore, and so they turned to smuggling. This allowed foreign criminal elements to get their product into the country, which the negroes would then sell and destroy themselves and their neighborhoods. Prosperous dockworkers don't do that, but the post-industrial period left them desperate and transitioning to a job as a Walmart greeter would not allow them to maintain their class position.

I'm from Michigan and I grew up watching this shit happen, so season 2 really hit home for me. I'm sure people from places that have experienced similar things strongly related as well, Cleveland, Gary, Indiana, etc etc

>increasing pressure on middle class
>blah blah blah
>muh trump

Don't you have a black man to harass, officer?

I've seen a lot of people here commenting how they can relate to whites in season 2, which I'm really glad for. I, as well, could feel for them, because I can partially understand what they're going through.

just watched s2 for the first time and i loved it

white guilt

Not that guy but the decline of the American middle class is a real thing. They call it the rust belt for a reason. Should those people have seen it coming? Yes, but what were they supposed to do? Now those people are old, scared, and angry.

How? Niggros killed him.

He was a little prawn on the cheeseboard

he is a dead young intelligent full of potential black man who could have been president if not for his circumstances

white guilt as fuck

Naymond achieved his potential, Brodie could'ev done the same if he wanted to.

>dukie

He was either born with a silver spoon in his mouth, or is young enough that he thinks a 12 dollar an hour service industry job for an uncaring corporation over whom you have no bargaining power is the best he can hope for. What a sad way things have gone.

>mcnulty gets drunk and fucks bitches but still sad because muh justice
white boys ruined the show desu senpai

McNulty is one of the better characters on the show, what are you talking about?

So where was Spiros getting the shit from to sell to the niggers?

Namond essentially got lucky and was brought into a family where the patriarch was a black man from a different generation. A better example of the alternative to the route Bodie took was Poot, who got out of the game and wound up working at Foot Locker. You can see why that alternative, while technically more respectable, is not particularly attractive. Stop being a fairly respected person with a good income so you can be a different kind of cog for way less money.

Fair enough.

McNulty was sad because he was an alcoholic fuckup
t. alcoholic fuckup

I'm on Sup Forums for a year now, but I do not know what does t. mean. Can you enlighten me?

finnish memelanguage for "regards"

Thanks.

My only gripe with season 2 is that it should have come in the middle of the shows run to provide a break from the inner city turmoil until they finish it up with the last 2 seasons.

Season 2 was great it was great seeing the blue-collar crime and its lasting effect on Baltimore not just the gang activity and LE GREEK boogeyman

where were they going?

They had no idea how many seasons they'd get, and they wanted to cover a different angle of Baltimore's problems while they knew they could.

5 turned out to be perfect, even if the last season was relatively week. They got to examine the problem of gangs, the problem of middle class destruction, the problem of the schools, the problem of gangs again, and then the problem of the media's role in all this, with city politics and police apathy/corrption as a thread throughout. They pretty much painted the full picture.