UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

I'll go first.

>Animal Collective is unbearable garbage, and if you say you like them, you should self harm

Hip hop is unironically shit.

M B V > Loveless

If you're not being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, why? Don't get me wrong, I like m b v, but there aren't any iconic songs. All songs work in the confines of an album really well though.

I respect this opinion but think it's more of a tie.

Queen is one of the worst bands of all time (more unpopular in real world than on Sup Forums)

MBDTF is one of Kanye's worst albums

ITAOTS is fine, neither wildly overrated or the best indie album of its time, and On Avery Island is better

Atom Heart Mother is the best Pink Floyd

Demon Days>Gorillaz>>>The Fall>>>>>Plastic Beach>>>>>Humanz

Mac Demarco was never worth listening to

Best Flaming Lips is Transmissions, Clouds Taste Metallic onward was all subpar

These are all about fairly pleb artists but plebs are more confrontational about these opinions so they're the ones I've had serious backlash for.

Are you the guy from yesterday's /shugazi/ ?

If not: a lot of the songs on Loveless feel like products, with all the effort put into production rather than composition. Given the fact that it's 2017, that doesn't hold up as well as you'd want it to. The song do have a more classic ("iconic") feel because of how safe and simple in composition they are, which is good because they're accessible, but it's also boring. Many sections are lazily repeated without any variety, which doesn't help either.

Just because it's more influential doesn't mean it's good. As of 2017, M B V is more daring, adventurous and as a result - interesting from a composition point of view. Not by much, but as of now I'd pick M B V as it actually feels like it brought something new to the genre.

>All songs work in the confines of an album really well though.
This is equally if not more important in rating an album. Songs can stand alone, but an album should be rated for how it works as an album.
I'm not that guy I'm that guy.
Also it's four years old and came out after the shoegaze wave was over, so it's obviously not going to be as "iconic" just because of what "iconic" means. Only Tomorrow for instance is better than some tracks on Loveless but will never be more iconic.

I think Xxxtentacion has potential to make some really good shit.

Kevin Abstract isn't just Great Value Frank Ocean.

Late Registration is waaay better than The College dropout.

Dangerous Woman was a good album.

Mac is a meme, but I still like him. "Jizz-jazz is a fun genre. I fucking hate the rest of his fans though. Every time I see some girl wearing overalls and vans at one his shows i cringe.

>i like shitposting the post

>I'd pick M B V as it actually feels like it brought something new to the genre
poor phrasing

I avoid bringing these opinions up on Sup Forums so no.

Early punk is unironically shit.

Yeah I get what you mean. Obviously Loveless helped establish it, but that's been 26 years ago and (to an extent) it has aged the same way pop music does. M B V feels kind of alien with its chord progressions, which might result in a better replay value. Hard to judge, but at the very least i haven't heard anything like M B V which is more than I can say about Loveless.

Blink-182 was a good band who made good music.

Your "opinions" are riddled with superlatives, youre shitposting mate

Divorve layer i shaved my head is way better than ITAOTS.

Mercury rev > MBV

Animal collective never made a good album just good songs.

Blackstar and skelton tree were just ok.

All punk is shit

grimes is aight
still shit though

Punk wasn't good until the 80s. Ramones and Sex Pistols blow.

What about proto punk?

Sup Forums is a quality board and lots of the users are nice and have good taste.

don't ask me, i don't even know what the hell i'm talking about

Post punk is not punk

Yes I am and I remember your post.

I'll give it another listen later today. However, I would really like to hear something as iconic and cohesive as Loveless. I'm not sure if I ever will.

PW>SJ

Graduation is by and far Kanyes worst album and
10s Kanye> 00s Kanye

Sun Kil Moon, specifically now, is one of the most boundary pushing bands still making music

Monoliths is Sunn O)))'s worst album

The Beach Boys => The Doors > The Beatles > The Rolling Stones > Aerosmith > AC/DC > Queen

Trap is the hair metal of rap

Illinois isn't that great

Tarkus is a mediocre album

Yes > Pink Floyd > King Crimson > Rush > Gentle Giant > The Moody Blues > ELP

Springsteen is a better songwriter than Dylan

The Byrds were probably the best rock band of the 60's

White Light/White Heat is incredibly overrated

Vince Staples is the best modern rapper, Summertime '06 is the hip hop album of the decade so far

Chelsea Wolfe is best waifu

The 80's were the best decade

Yeezus is Kanye's masterpiece

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is Black Sabbath's masterpiece

High and Dry really isn't *that* bad

if k-pop took your fucking quads

fuck this place
also, has anyone else noticed the captchas being unreasonable lately?

Those fuckers took our *quints* a little while ago

you should've seen the septs they took from last week

College Dropout is Kanyes best album by far.

>Graduation is by and far Kanyes worst album
Not even close
>10s Kanye> 00s Kanye
Hell no
>The Beach Boys => The Doors > The Beatles > The Rolling Stones > Aerosmith > AC/DC > Queen
Beach Boys are overrated
>Trap is the hair metal of rap
People have been saying this, including me
>Illinois isn't that great
True

>Yes > Pink Floyd > King Crimson > Rush > Gentle Giant > The Moody Blues > ELP

Pink floyd is better than Yes

>Queen is garbage

>getting buttflustered about opinions in an unpopular opinions thread
youre shitposting mate

What the hell kind of argument is "iconic"? How does that make it good or describe what's the music like anyway?
I think what you're trying to say is that Loveless makes a very clear point (creates an easily accessible vibe) that also has certain depth.

Well my point is that the vibe got watered down by all the other shoegazing bands.
>But user, MBV were the first and best at it
Yeah, well, just because they were the first doesn't mean the formula doesn't get old and boring.

It's kind of like GY!BE for me. I used to love LYSFLATH, but now it's one of the most boring albums in existence to me because of crescendocore bands milking the genre dry.

Im not buttflustered, i just recognize obvious shitposting when i see it

Threads like these are an open invitation to shitpost anyway because everyone is competiting to garner the most attention by having the most controversial opinions

Now I'm pissed. Sup Forums is a shithole and /kpop/ threads need to be purged from existence.

I think that was the point.

This is an "unpopular opinion" thread, not "statistical representation of Sup Forums's opinion" thread, young sir.

>Pink Floyd is better than Yes
so is KC
dubs and this becomes a popular opinions thread

Who said that?

The title track is the worst song on this album.

yeah it's shit
song for a warrior though?

>Trap is the hair metal of rap
Like rap had any artistic merit and integrity to begin with.

Honestly I love every other song on this album. If I deleted the title track its probs like a 9/10 for me.

>Kanye
>Masterpiece
>Springsteen better than Dylan
>Bait?
Of course.

fuck you
1. the wolf / the seer / the seer returns
2. a piece of the sky
3. the apostate
4. mother of the world
5. the daughter brings the water
6. song for a warrior
7. 93rd ave blues
POWER GAP
8. Lunacy
POWER GAP
9. Avatar

How does it feel to be a pleb?

Yeah it does

>not liking avatar or lunacy

nigger what.

also I know im sorry but the seer just doesn't hit me the way that bring the sun/toussant and the glowing man do. although I do agree a piece of the sky is fantastic.

Damn, I'm convinced now.

I've always believed that BTS/TL was the impotent one among those three. Have you tried listening to The Seer a lot of times? It gets better each time I hear it. It's especially enjoyable if you follow the progress of each of the instruments in your mind... Your opinion deeply wounds and offends me

Nah man, it ain't bait. The Boss is a better lyricist than Dylan.

Sure thing m8!

>BRING THE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

idk what to say senpai. I eargasm everytime. Ill give the seer another listen tomorrow for u user.

Wouldn't doubt it. Still too awful to enjoy.

Here's mine: if you think you're better than somebody else because of the music you listen to, then you should fucking kill yourself

thank you

I have good taste

Wasn't awful for all progressive, rebelious young nihilistic UK lads.

bass is easiest to follow, but make sure you don't fail to hear Norm's guitar during the climax
it makes an "ooaaaaaaa" sound that's practically hidden behind all of the others until you single it out with your ear

U2 > Radiohead

>Debut Albums
Boy > Pablo Honey

>Freshman Albums
October < The Bends

>Sophomore Albums
WAR = OK Computer

>4th Album
Unforgettable Fire < Kid A

5th Album
Joshua tree > Amnesiac

>6th Album
Rattle and Hum < Hail to the Theif

>7th Album
Achtung Baby > In Rainbows

Spawned the ZOOTV Tour which is regarded by many as the The greatest rock tour ever produced.

>8th Album
Zooropa > The King of Limbs

>9th Album
Pop = A Moon Shaped Pool

4 > 3
for the first 9 albums by each Band.

>Graduation is by and far Kanyes worst album

Not only is this true but it's a very popular opinion

where, in retard land?

>anyone else noticed the captchas being unreasonable lately?

I have. Some are genuinely fucking dumb. It also pisses me off how the comfy that creates them is so obviously British, what the fuck is a Saucer?

But the house numbers that fade are by far the worst since they take at least a minute to solve.

Newfag detected