Am I the only person who doesn't like this album? It's just boring

Am I the only person who doesn't like this album? It's just boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're boring. it's such a fun album

Some of the lyrics bother me because they just dont mean anything at all. But it has some great moments.

how old are you. huh. How old are YOU

>caring about lyrics

They mean something. Also, you need to learn to appreciate painting lyrical pictures

You're not alone OP. It's pretty bad imo. Surfer Rosa is much better.

theyre all good pleb
except their most recent album

Why?

doolittle is a simple and fun album. They have very unconventional melodies so you probably have to get used to that

>It's just boring
[1]

SHAKE YOUR BUTT (not too hard)

it needs to sink in a bit because it relies all on hooks
but they're creative

I like it.

This. That's most of it's appeal. That, and the tight playing, including the screaming and Joey strangling his guitar.

Uriah hit the crapper. What did he mean by this?

I can't stand La La Love You and Silver

This

La la love you is a joke song. Its litteraly making fun of the poppy Smiths sounding bands at the time. Fuckin plebs dont know good music.

Oh yeah and the smiths fucking blow

They have their drummer sing for fuck sake on lala

I just hate the way it sounds.

Surfer Rosa has better production.

That album is shit too.

Purple Tape or gtfo.

I could understand not liking it, but boring? It's such a fun, energetic album. It's an extremely exciting record.

Youre looking too much into it.

As a spanish speaker I have to agree with the other user. Its annoying to hear someone babble gibberish-supposed-to-be-spanish.

yeah they ain't great

true, and I appreciate the joke but doesn't make it good

Mr Grieves is arguably the best song they ever wrote

If it's arguably their besty then where is your argument about it?

listen to it with high volume and good bass

t. pleb nigger

Does anyone else think Crackity Jones is the best track here? The guitars sound insane.

it's succinct, fun, and uses interesting instrumentation, as well as having good lyrics. none of it's very ambitious but that wasn't really in Pixies' ethos, it's just well written and fun music that they managed to make a bit more interesting that a typical 4/4 rock ballad, and there are few Pixies songs that do it so well

HIPS LIKE CINDERELLA

nah ur boring

Albini fucks up every album he produces.

Come On Pilgrim>Doolittle>Surfer Rosa

TAMMMMEEEE
TAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEE

It's a fantastic album that you listen the hell out of for a few weeks before it gets old AF and you barely feel the need to come back to it more than once or twice a year.

This is the actual best Pixies album

youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo

aliens will visit us someday and they will study our history and one of them will be a Sup Forumscore autist and he will ask: "what in the hell is punk?" and we will show him this video.

I unironically think La La Love You is a good song.

The vocals are soothing and the song is cute as fuck with some solid guitarlines.

Yeah I like it too. I was surprised to find out how many people here don't like it

god wish i was there

I don't know, I enjoy Pixies the most when they're loud and obnoxious.

I can't wrap my head around how people think this is a bad album. Do they perceive it as entry level music? Or is it because it relies on hooks and guitar riffs?

Doolittle is as inventive as pop music gets in my opinion.

I like it.
But I always liked catchy hooks pared with unconventional songwriting.