LOL, MCCARTHYISM AMIRITE GUYS?!!

>LOL, MCCARTHYISM AMIRITE GUYS?!!

Except this film and a lot of liberal pro commie stuff that has been declassified has proven McCarthy was right.

At this point they've gone from "THEY WERE NOT COMMUNISTS STOP MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS" to "They were Communists, so what? There's nothing wrong with that."

Reminds me of "BILL CLINTON IS A DEVOTED HUSBAND AND A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN AND THESE FALSE ACCUSATIONS ARE A RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY" to "lol it was just a blowjob who cares, stop being such a prude."

About a month after Obama leaves office I expect him to say he actually was born in Kenya but he felt the law was discriminatory so it was his duty to disobey it.

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol48no3/article07.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_spies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

McCarthy was also a career politician riding a wave of paranoid popular support built upon tearing others down and censoring their work in order to fuel his narcissistic impulses.

So fuck him.

>Except this film and a lot of liberal pro commie stuff that has been declassified has proven McCarthy was right.
Name them.

>to "They were Communists, so what? There's nothing wrong with that."
What IS wrong with that?
>land of the free
>can't have political ideology of your choice and get persecuted for it
>literally the same that the commies did

Oy vey, the red scare was bullshit. There's no Jewish communist sympathizers

>paranoid

kek

The CIA literally plotted against him because he was exposing their failed recruiting process that ended up bringing spies into the highest level of the government

cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol48no3/article07.html

>what's wrong with communist spies

Just espionage my shit up fa-m

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers

>Except this film and a lot of liberal pro commie stuff that has been declassified has proven McCarthy was right.
>McCarthy was right
>McCarthy believed there was some sort of commie conspiracy to take over the US
>this has been proven right
source: your ass

>Having the wrong take on historical events

Dangerous

>Just espionage my shit up fa-m
>communism = espionage
>people were persecuted for being communists
>user says it was because they were spies
D E N S E
E
N
S
E

KGB declassified documents and the Venona papers

I know you're not talking about a conspiracy but the way you skew facts in such a psychotic way reminds me of how conspiracy theorists argue.

This is a good movie about the red scare and McCarthy's witch hunt.

people connected to the communist party were actually spies you literal fucking retard

that's the whole point, there were numerous spy rings with direct connections to people in the communist party

that was the whole fucking point of monitoring them, dumbass

you're legit retarded

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_spies

I bet you think McCarthy ran the House of Unamerican Activites too

>you are le psychotic so I can just ignore the facts, even though they are on the fucking CIA's webiste

>At this point they've gone from "THEY WERE NOT COMMUNISTS STOP MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS" to "They were Communists, so what? There's nothing wrong with that."
>instead going from "THEY WERE COMMUNISTS STOP TRYING TO DENY IT" to "a fraction of the people persecuted by McCarthy turned out to be spies, he was right all along"

>witch hunt
No.

>congressional investigation
>"persecuted"

oy vey

You know they had a congressional investigation about steroids too right?

What do leftcucks think that any time any communist is even questioned it's a literal massacre?

Especially when numerous people (who leftcucks still defend) have been confirmed as communists after the fact.

>you are le psychotic so I can just ignore the facts, even though they are on the fucking CIA's webiste

Nobody ignored them. A nut job and you can't read. You are dangerous to America. I hope you realize that.

Everyone in this was pretty bad (Cranston included) but holy shit Louis CK made this movie fucking unbearable. Thank God for John Goodman.

>What do leftcucks think that any time any communist is even questioned it's a literal massacre?

But they were blacklisted.

How do you even come to such an absurd take on history? You really have mental problems.

>people connected to the communist party were actually spies you literal fucking retard
Yeah, but many more people got their reps destroyed despite not being spies nor members of the communist party
It's not about the people who were actually guilty, it's the people who were accused unjustly and suffered dire consequences for it
>missing the point by this much
>what is a state of law

That movie defends Alger Hiss an actual communist

And yes congress has every right to conduct an investigation there is nothing "unconstitutional" about that

>presented with facts and evidence, lists of communists and sources from the federal government showing McCarthy was operating with info from ex-CIA operatives and not just making shit up

>lol you are crazy

He's a dud user, don't worry about him. You're right and he's wrong.

What do you mean by blacklisted?
Communist spies weren't allowed positions in government office?

But Sup Forums is full of fascists so this is no zinger to them.

The other guy is a dud user. You're right and he's wrong.

>And yes congress has every right to conduct an investigation there is nothing "unconstitutional" about that
>nothing unconstitutional about blacklisting people
whatever you say my trolly friend.

Trumbo was a good movie.

>Hollywood trying to make a guy that supported Stalin & Hitler look like a hero

I'm glad the highlight of your redpill campaign is shitting up the Nickelodeon section of a Thai shadow puppet image board you sad faggot.

>I read one line of wikipedia and think I know what I'm talking about: the post

You are crazy. You're incapable of realizing that the real issues were used as an excuse to destroy the careers of many average citizens.

Do you not know this? How does such a prevalent theme escape you? How can I have discourse with somebody who thinks it's up for debate that there were communist spies instead of understanding that the existence of communist spies was used to ruin many people unjustly in an agressive manner?

What is so complicated about this? Are you just humiliated and you can't admit that you made a fucking stupid point? Your ego will recover if you admit you're wrong user. It'll be okay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist
>the practice of denying employment to screenwriters, actors, directors, musicians, and other American entertainment professionals during the mid-20th century because they were accused of having Communist ties or carrying sympathy for it.
>accused of having Communist ties or carrying sympathy for it.
>"accused" and "having sympathy" = being a commie spy
pic related it's you

Nice full house, but regardless you need to take a look around. What McCarthy feared was real, and it's running rampant today because he couldn't stop the media machine.

How could they be stopped from writing or producing a show?
Cute retarded Nazi though, I was curious and you're a butthurt cuck

>blacklisted.

McCarthy didn't run the HUAC you drooling jackass. That system was implemented by FDR and through Hollywood in the 30s

>got their reps destroyed
>state of law

show me where it is against the law for congress to conduct an investigation

also nice 10 year old meme

congress did not "blacklist" people

how are you this ungodly stupid?

>destroy the careers

No it wasn't moron

the point was to look into espionage because ex-CIA agents felt the agency was doing a terrible job so they went to congress

T His was a case of whistleblowing not "muh persecution"

And again, congress has no ability to "blacklist" people in an investigation

McCarthy had nothing to do with the blacklist

how are you this fucking dumb?

Why do you keep making this same thread about a flop movie that no one remembers?

Larry Adler, actor and musician
Luther Adler, actor and director
Stella Adler, actor and teacher
Edith Atwater, actor
Howard Bay, scenic designer
Ralph Bell, actor
Leonard Bernstein, composer and conductor
Walter Bernstein, screenwriter
Michael Blankfort, screenwriter[c]
Marc Blitzstein, composer
True Boardman, screenwriter
Millen Brand, writer
Oscar Brand, folk singer
Joseph Edward Bromberg, actor
Himan Brown, producer and director
John Brown, actor
Abe Burrows, playwright and lyricist
Morris Carnovsky, actor
Cliff Carpenter, actor
Vera Caspary, writer
Edward Chodorov, screenwriter and producer
Jerome Chodorov, writer
Mady Christians, actor
Lee J. Cobb, actor
Marc Connelly, playwright
Aaron Copland, composer
Norman Corwin, writer
Howard Da Silva, actor
Roger De Koven, actor
Dean Dixon, conductor
Olin Downes, music critic
Alfred Drake, actor and singer
Paul Draper, actor and dancer
Howard Duff, actor
Clifford J. Durr, attorney
Richard Dyer-Bennet, folk singer
José Ferrer, actor
Louise Fitch (Lewis), actor
Martin Gabel, actor
Arthur Gaeth, radio commentator
William S. Gailmor, journalist and radio commentator
John Garfield, actor
Will Geer, actor
Jack Gilford, actor and comedian
Tom Glazer, folk singer
Ruth Gordon, actor and screenwriter
Lloyd Gough, actor
Morton Gould, pianist and composer
Shirley Graham, writer
Ben Grauer, radio and TV personality
Mitchell Grayson, radio producer and director
Horace Grenell, conductor and music producer
Uta Hagen, actor and teacher
Dashiell Hammett, writer
E. Y. "Yip" Harburg, lyricist
Robert P. Heller, television journalist
Lillian Hellman, playwright and screenwriter
Jon Hering, intern
Nat Hiken, writer and producer
Rose Hobart, actor
Judy Holliday, actor and comedian
Roderick B. Holmgren, journalist
Lena Horne, singer and actor
Langston Hughes, writer
Marsha Hunt, actor
Leo Hurwitz, director
Charles Irving, actor

ALL SPIES

BAN THEM ALL

ALL OF THEM

This is a 20th of the list by the way

>all these commie redditors mad at a weekly copypasta
>telling OP to go to a different board even though they've exposed themselves as not even visiting Sup Forums that muh

>the point was to look into espionage because ex-CIA agents

You are literally the stupidest person alive. Do not reproduce. The looks into espionage were heavy-handed and destroyed many people unfairly. Please do not have children.

I wonder if you feel as sympathetic for modern Nazi sympathizers who get their reputations destroyed despite our not being at war with a Nazi controlled nation, or there even being a Nazi controlled nation for them to commit espionage for in the first place.

Some how I doubt you do.

"McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

No you're right, no problems here

Who cares?
Why do communists deserve protection from discrimination for their political beliefs?
No one else gets such consideration.

>Who cares?

Not you obviously. Good talking to you.

>I defined thing in a way that makes it bad by default.
>this means thing is bad and you are bad for supporting it

Why do leftists love doing this?

You still didn't explain why it's bad that those people lost their jobs.

No you're Google is wrong and you're right

Have a fun life

What did he mean by this?

Come on, OP :^)

Would you share your sandwich with someone who did not have one? If you say yes then you're a commie too.

Are Jews super charitable?
Why do so many of them have communist allegiances?

Also I wouldn't have a sandwich. The state would provide us both the paltry sandwich

Can't hear you. You have a way of looking at the world that the rest of the country disagrees with, so you're banned from expressing yourself in any way.

Those people were not banned from expressing themselves in any way. They were simply not allowed to work in Hollywood.

If you think that is wrong, do you also think it is wrong that if an actor, entertainer, politician, convenience store clerk, construction worker, police officer, and even Walmart greeter openly admits to being a racist they would soon find themselves out of work?

>B-being a racist and being a communist are totally different!

Sounds like a modern Liberal.

>Liberals are still butthurt over The Red Scare
>Liberals are the engineers of The Red Scare 2.0, which we are currently living in, i.e. the constant witch-hunt for racists
>the only difference between the two was that The Red Scare was about uprooting people trying to destroy America, whereas the witch-hunt for racists is about uprooting people that might hurt your feelings

Is this a glitch? There's a blank post. I'd love to have discourse with you, but you've been banned from having a voice because of what you believe.

>so you're banned from expressing yourself in any way

Except they weren't.

Nice way to rewrite history.

We've already established that the people who were blacklisted were not under the restriction of some kind of total gag order and were simply not given work by Hollywood so you can drop your straw-man.

Well this sucks. Can't read his post. Too bad we live in a society where people are banned for what they believe.

It's even more hilarious that he'd be the type of liberal okay with banning people off Twitter because it's a "PRIVATE BUSINESS"

Communism sucks but people are entitled to their shitty ideologies. It's a free country.

What did that strawman ever do to you user?

Unless they're racists, misogynists, or anti-semites.

There is no strawman, you simply think the wrong thing. At least you're entitled to.

Were the Coens making fun of this movie with Hail, Caesar! or was it just a coincidence?

>people no longer persecuted for being communists
>communists immediately infiltrate media and education to control public opinion
>lol nothing wrong with communism comrade :)

Why are you pretending you didn't get mad as fuck when the bakery got into trouble?

Why are you pretending to disagree with liberals even though you know they're right?

>at least you're entitled to
Unless you're a racist, a homophobe, a transphobe, a misogynist or an anti-semite of course.

>Unless you're a racist, a homophobe, a transphobe, a misogynist or an anti-semite of course.

I disagree with both. One of my favorite entertainers was fired for racism. That doesn't mean Mccarthyism was good.

>but people are entitled to their shitty ideologies. It's a free country

Then why are bakeries financially crucified for politely declining to cater events they morally disagree with?

because liberals don't actually give a shit about people being restricted based on their political beliefs. They just care when those that promote their radical leftism are effected.

Liberals are not "right" about McCarthyism if they're practicing it on an unprecedented level in the 21st century across all level of American life.

>That doesn't mean Mccarthyism was good.
So you support giving foreign spies unrestricted access to America?

Why do conservitards want to take away people's freedom so bad?

No one actually believes in freedom.

>So you support giving foreign spies unrestricted access to America?

It's as simple as they overstepped and made a problem. How this keeps escaping you is depressing but unsurprising. I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Agree to disagree I guess.

>Why do leftists love doing this?
>Why do leftists love doing this?

hmmm

guys this is really old pasta

Communists should be sent to hard labour camps

>because liberals don't actually give a shit about people being restricted based on their political beliefs.
So that means you're allowed to act like a retard, because people who are meanies are right and agreeing with them might give you cooties?

It's not so much that I think McCarthyism was good, so much as I think that it's bad is over-blown. Mostly by people that support Communism to no great surprise.

You're literally being a McCarthyist in that sentence.

How is that a refutation of anything he's said?

why do cuckservatives rely on personal attacks and conspiracy theories instead of debating policy? is it because history and research have proven conservative ideas to be misguided? is that why they need to sway people through bigotry and fear tactics?

What exactly is the common ground for us agree upon?
I think removing Communists from sensitive positions is good.
They think it's bad.
They think mandating the use of Newspeak and the destruction of those that oppose them is good.
I think that's bad.
Where is the common ground that I'm avoiding apparently based solely on the fact they might give me cooties?

hey nice meaningless strawman

If rabid anti-communism makes me a McCarthyist, then sir, I am a McCarthyist

Asking a question to gauge someone's opinions is by definition not a strawman.

>liberals are butthurt
are cuckservstives really defending personal life destroying witch hunts just because the guy at the center of it was a paranoid fascist and Sup Forums inherently sympathizes with those types?

not an argument. Also, youre an idiot who uses the word "cuckservative" without knowing what it means

>try to explain this to a reasonable and not degenwrate normalfag
>oh that was just a conspiracy from an extremist. Mccarthyism etc.
>show declassified shit
>show yuri
>explain importance of culture and state ideological warfare
>ask him now if Mccarthy was unreasonable
>recently redpilled normalfag makes the mistake of bringing it up to another normalfag
>now a full blown nationalist
Loloops

anyone who calls it a "witch hunt" is a communist

he didn't ask a question, he invented a belief and projected it onto that user to use as an argument that he was a hypocrite. it was a strawman and you're a stupid person.

>USA in a nuclear mexican standoff with the USSR

>"hurr le stupid paranoid conservatives! Why would they try to find out if someone was sympathetic torwards their enemy? xD!!!"

why are liberals such dumb cucks bros?

>not an argument
you didn't make any points to argue.
>bill clinton fucked women
>birther conspiracy
>Marxist conspiracy
it's laughable and is only taken seriously on stormfront and Sup Forums. your opinions are irrelevent and not on the minds of anybody at any level of political power or policy creation

A subtle accusation is not a strawman. If he thinks that persecuting racists is improper all he had to do was say it.
Notice that he never actually responded though....

they were and still are traitors

>Marxist conspiracy
>literally shown declassified documents of conspiracy
Really makes you think

I'm assuming you're voting for hillary, Bern victim?

>After everything Obama has done, he still thinks Obama isn't a Muslim from Kenya.
user pls, where is the birth certificate?

nobody ever argued that there weren't communist spies. people had a problem with the way people were investigated, the freedoms infringed upon and innocent lives destroyed. why is this concept difficult for people to grasp? declassified files showing that some spies were caught doesn't negate any of that

Omelettes.Broken eggs. blah blah blah....
They shouldn't have hung around with Communists user.

>your opinions are irrelevent and not on the minds of anybody at any level of political power or policy creation

Is that why Trump won the republican nomination with literally everyone working against him? And why every liberal clickbait shitsite writes a new article about him every other day? While the democrats rip themselves apart right now?

Also, you were shown the declassified documents that prove McCarthy was right. So you are being retarded on purprose. People tend to just double down on their bullshit after having it proven wrong though, so Im not really surprised