Any math Sup Forumsros in here that can help me out...

Any math Sup Forumsros in here that can help me out? i have no idea how to separate the expression in line one to get alpha and beta.

A bit of context may help faggot. What even is that retarded symbol before alpha + j * beta

thx for replying. it's gamma. all i need to do is fucking separate the whole complex equation into it's real and imaginary part, but somehow i'm too retarded to do it.

are some real and some complex? which? j = sqrt(-1) ?

And the alpha and beta given there is supposed to be the right answer? Is Kz a real number? Because then this all doesn't make much sense

you could try
real(z) = (z + conj(z) ) / 2
imag(z) = (z-conj(z) )/( 2 i )
, i =sqrt(-1)

You could maybe check the formula by checking alpha^2 + beta^2 =
|w|^2 mu delta.

kz is complex, alpha and beta are real.

all we have to do is use the equations for delta and s from the equations on the right side to fill the first equation and then separate it to alpha and beta.

forget about kz and gamma, we don't need them to do this.

thx, sounds legit, will try

Oh, duh. It's easy

Substitute omega with Ke / sqrt(mu * epsilon).
Then in the result, substitute delta / epsilon by 1 - js.
That should give you the result

Here you go faggot you should be able to work it out from here

that's exactly as far as i got. no idea how to go on. wtf do i do with that square root?

Your best bet is probably to just square both sides.

yeah but that doesn't give me a full square term and i can't reduce it to alpha and beta then

gamma...

maybe the given solution is just bs or something crucial is missing

Are you sure you're doing it right? Pic related

Sorry I forgot to square K_e in that one

Maybe it's one of those things where the math was inside all of us all along. A meditative experience, you know

Do you get it from here? Just equal the two real parts and equal the two imaginary parts. Then you've got two real equations and two real unknowns which should be straightforward to solve from there

that's what i'm trying reight now. thanks a lot! still either i messed up or this system doesn't have a real solution, gotta do it again

Unless I messed up a sign or something but I don't think I did

double checked it, this has a complex solution.
thsi means the guy who did this messed up somewhere along the path.
Thanks for guiding me in the right direction everyone, especially for this
Also thanks for the very helpful gif ;)

/thread i guess