Slowdive thread

who's pumped for their new album?

It gets better with each listen
The vocals on some of the tracks annoyed me at first, but now I'm appreciating them a lot more

but it already leaked like a week ago
[spoiler]it's very good[/spoiler]

Not interested.

Fuck it, it's a 5.

I'm going to wait until it's released before listening to it

I only heard the two singles. They were kinda meh to me so I'm not all that hyped. How's the rest of the album?

best album of 2017 so far
"fuck it, it's a 5"

pretty mediocre album

Fuck it, it's a 5.

Fuck it, it's a 5.

if dubs "Fuck it, it's a 5" is a meme

It was better than I expected. Doesn't reinvent anything aside for the addition of some faster tempos. Overall it feels like a much more refined Just For A Day.
Personally I would've preferred for continued experimentation a la Pygmalion but I guess they played it safe here.

Fuck it, it's a 5.

too bad.

HOLY FUCK IT'S A 5

Fuck it, it's a 5.

Trying again.

fuck it, its a 5

FUCK IT IT'S A 5
FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE

it's a 5 checkem

I love this album, especially the opener. It's got such a nostalgic quality to it. Definitely is much better than what I was , since sugar for the pill might actually be my least favorite track

5 get

Damn user that's a nice 5

but is it a 5?

Sugar For the Pill feels like it like could have been more fleshed out, more cohesive. But you know what?

This album is going to be mediocre. I don't know why these artists make comeback albums when the majority of times they make trash albums. The only decent shoegaze comback was MBV and that was unmemorable.
These artists should be producing and helping up and coming bands make god tier shit.

this one is better than m b v in my opinion

It's actually good tho

What would you rate it?

Fuck it, it's a 5

5/fucking 5

I'd rate them both equally, both are great comeback albums

I have not listened to the leak. So far I have heard the singles - they are very mediocre and generic. Star roving sounds like a shitty coldplay song. Sugar for the pill sounds like a shitty band trying to copy slowdive's sound and they fail miserably. Souvlaki and pymalion will always be god tier albums though

m b v > Blind Spot > Slowdive > Weather Diaries

>Souvlaki and pymalion will always be god tier albums though
stupid pleb babby opinions
Blind spot was incredibly underwhelming, don't kid yourself

Fuck it, it's a 5 +5

>Ride that low
Kill yourself