I was digging through my old cassettes and found this old tape in it. It's one of my dad's band's albums...

I was digging through my old cassettes and found this old tape in it. It's one of my dad's band's albums. I don't have a digital version, but I was curious if you guys would be interested in hearing it. They didn't have a set genre but mainly stuck to rock and it's sub genres.

Pic very related btw

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!XIQRyLTQ
clyp.it/jpbppk0g
mega.nz/#!XIQRyLTQ!tOc6lRWbvbeAHS5cSKUdoVAm7odooTT8Vdx8mS9kSDY
mega.nz/#!WMpz2TwS!u_qYApIHtalSATY3ZjKQuo5B6ydapnr8df6sqUSvpFk
youtube.com/watch?v=ry0MAB-hZSA
mega.nz/#!OU5XmZ7D!t5zbMmWYGf7UwfR9bHKqg3UJQemRaJW3Hjo_6gcrNdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>IMG_000000_000000000

I don't believe you

want a time stamp? What do you want it to say?

>side meat

hell yeah nigga

ive found a cassette my dad recorded of himself playing guitar mostly. on one track he sings and plays guitar. its pretty interesting for me and i think it would appeal to others to. its from the late 70s i believe when he was in his early 20s. the guitar style reminds me more of 90s math rock or emo than contemporary players even tho he'll tell me it was inspired by kottke, fahey, or neil young. its not at all bluesy or folky its mathy and contemporary sounding. i can upload it at some point and i have before. maybe 5 or more years ago but ive lost the link and its probably down because it was mediafire.

i mean anyone can hold up a fucking cassete and take a picture of it. not sure how that part needs any authenticating lmao

timestamp and rip of the tape

Timestamped my man

He's recorded some modern stuff but I will say he isn't a good composer, really talented bassist. I'll try and post the new stuff as well.

Post it boi

i'd love to hear it

nice double dubs

>Those hands
I hope you wear gloves to hide those monsters user

Problem is, I don't have a working tape deck. I'll figure something out. I probably have it ripped to an old iPod or something.

Found a way to rip the tape with my shitty equipment. Hold up

pic of recording setup lol

Cyberpunk as shit.

Just got done with Side Meat. Gonna start on heavy next.

nice, excited to listen

Around what tome was this recorded?

mega link
mega.nz/#!XIQRyLTQ

Can you upload to SC? (can't mega at work)

fixed mega

late 80s early 90s maybe.

clyp.it
clyp.it/jpbppk0g

fuck here's the actual link with the key mega.nz/#!XIQRyLTQ!tOc6lRWbvbeAHS5cSKUdoVAm7odooTT8Vdx8mS9kSDY

Side Heavy
mega.nz/#!WMpz2TwS!u_qYApIHtalSATY3ZjKQuo5B6ydapnr8df6sqUSvpFk

I cant really hear shit cause the volumes too low and its distorted as fuck, but they sound like a run of the mill punkish band.

youtube.com/watch?v=ry0MAB-hZSA

They basically sound like this band to me user.

I'm sorry about the volume but the distortion is a hard fix as it's an old tape. I thought that they sounded kinda punkish too when I was listening to it. I need to find their other album too.

fucking love that murky sound, fucking baller mate

I want to hear this shit

Hey, this is actually pretty good. Not cringe at all

did the stereo get messed up or am i just having a slint moment

Amplified so we can actually hear it: mega.nz/#!OU5XmZ7D!t5zbMmWYGf7UwfR9bHKqg3UJQemRaJW3Hjo_6gcrNdo

is it just me or is the sound only coming out of one side

Yes, either the tape only has one channel or OP needs to record both channels from the line out and not the headphone port.

I only had an auxiliary cord on hand for this. I'm sorry.

What was his band called?

Side meat.

Cow. They played in the Humboldt area in Eureka, CA