Who is the true successor of the romans int?

who is the true successor of the romans int?

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe_VI_de_España
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Roman Empire?

Romanians?

russia

Funny enough, the Greeks or the Roaches

roma people?

Italy

ye the roman empire

America

Implying that the Romans died

no the roman empire

Largest empire ever>Greek role playing association that got btfo by germans

EU

Hi.

t. Rome's protege

Finland is the only rightful heir.

San Marino. They use the purest form of Roman law and are therefore the closest to true Romans.

Tuvalu

Roman Empire -> Holy Roman Empire -> German Empire -> Third Reich -> Germany

>
>
>

>Holy Roman Empire
you might as well call the bumfucks in italy at that point the successors, the HRE was shit, and really didn't function as a centralised state like Rome did
Eastern Rome is the true successor

Literally no one cares
We wuz just romans and shit mkay?

This. Finnish parliament holds the power of the emperor of russia in absentia. Thus it is the only legitimate heir of the roman empire.

It died with the Habsburg-Lorraine Dinasty when the Holy Roman Emperor Francis II ended the Holy Roman Empire. I'm not an expert on how it works but the HRE Francis II had 3 children: Maria Leopoldina, who married Pedro I of Brazil; Marie Louise, who married Bonaparte; and the Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria.

Spain and Italy objectively

>it's another dagos go all WE WUZ ROMANS EPISODE

yawn

The last emperor linked to Roman tradition in any way was ruling Ethiopia, so...

>...WEEED...

...ask your local rasta.

everyone knows no one succeeded the roman empire politically. it was annhiliated in 1453.

what truly matters is that europans inherited the things most important to the romans

military prowess, roman law and christianity

Mexicans chistianizing and latinizing USA

>Spain
>a Bourbon
>Holy Roman Emperor

>Italy
>a republic

You have absolutely no idea how monarchies actually work, do you?

If Andreas sold the title, then how can her sister inherit it?
I don't know who is the successor of the romans, but I can tell who is the successor of the roman emperor title. The guy in pic, to my regret.

Source:
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe_VI_de_España
"El último titular de la Corona del Imperio bizantino, Andrés Paleólogo, vendió su título imperial a Fernando II de Aragón y V de Castilla e Isabel I de Castilla antes de su muerte en 1502.47 Sin embargo, no se tiene constancia de que ningún monarca español haya usado los títulos imperiales bizantinos."
They have the title but they don't use it.

>christianity

Byzantine Empire =/= Holy Roman Empire. You're mixing shit up. Your current king is a Bourbon, the Holy Roman Empire was predominantly and last ruled by the Habsburg-Lorraine dynasty, and they hated each other to death.

This.

You are envious of our b/roma/nce

OP is talking about romans.
I think the Byzantine Empire has more to do with the Roman Empire than the HRE you stupid monkey.

Clearly America.

The Mongols were absolutely not better than the Romans.

No need to be so rude.

>you will never be enslaved by Romans, treated like the savage you really are, be forced to learn their culture and ways, as well as pleasure your master every day

Why even live?

Roman Empire ---->British Empire---->American Superpower

unironically the greeks

Achievement-wise, the USA has surpassed the Romans in every imaginable way. The Romans neither put a flag on the moon nor had the chance to nuke inferior tribes.

>Byzantine Empire =/= Holy Roman Empire
The literal, unbroken line of roman emperors starting with augustus and ending with constantine XI is not the same thing?

You do realise """"""byzantine"""""" is just a meme germans came up with to claim the title of the emperor of romans for themselves? What you call """"""byzantine"""""" were the only romans right until turks destroyed them.

>inb4 it's not roman if rome isn't the capital!!!111
Rome had been abandoned as the administrative capital long before constantine. Not an argument.

>inb4 it's not roman if latin wasn't the official language!!!111
Latin stayed as the official language of the empire for 300 years after the shift to the east. Then it got supplanted by greece, because outside of the crude bastardization spoken by barbarians latin was irrelevant by that point.

>inb4 it's not roman if they were christians!!!111
Just like the language the original roman religion was supplanted by christianity. All of the romans own will. It's thanks to the romans and their cultural influence that christianity became the dominant religion of europe after the romans themselves adopted it. Denying that it's not part of the shared roman heritage of all europeans is fooling yourself out of some childish attempt to look cool on a tibetan shitpolishing site.

>You do realise """"""byzantine"""""" is just a meme germans came up with to claim the title of the emperor of romans for themselves?
I'll disagree. Modern central Europeans share both the bloodline of the ancient Romans and Saxon tribes. The early Middle Ages was born from that very bond that flourished between them. None of them were "pure Romans" as in the original Romans from Rome. The original Latin bloodline was long diluted, and any Roman Catholic royal dynasty had the legitimate right to claim it.

>I'll disagree
Might as well disagree that the Earth is round.

>Rome had been abandoned as the administrative capital long before constantine. Not an argument.
Which I fully agree.

>Then it got supplanted by greece, because outside of the crude bastardization spoken by barbarians latin was irrelevant by that point.
Regarding royal dynasties all that matters is ancestry.

>inb4 it's not roman if they were christians!!!111

They became Roman Catholics afterwards, and? They were the original Romans, and if their culture had to change in order to adapt to their new goals then so be it. The language you speak and the religion you practice is irrelevant, so long you're from a particular royal lineage you can literally claim any title belonging to that particular dynasty. The British royal family is literally a crypto-Jewish lineage, and nobody cares. And for instance, both the RE and the HRE were multicultural, since the ascension of Augustus to the death of Francis II.

>Denying that it's not part of the shared roman heritage of all europeans is fooling yourself out of some childish attempt to look cool on a tibetan shitpolishing site
I never said that, in fact I actually agree with you on this. You're the one contradicting yourself when you stated that "the """"""byzantine"""""" is just a meme germans came up with to claim the title of the emperor of romans for themselves".

As I mentioned above, any royal dynasty descended from the Roman bloodline had the legitimate right to claim the continuation of the Roman Empire. The Frankish did it, so what?

By the way, royal dynasties can be so ridiculously bizarre even Pedro II could've claimed himself as the legitimate heir of the HRE simply for being the grandson of Francis II. All you need is the royal heritage to make a legitimate claim, the firepower and the power of will to actually do that. Charlemagne claimed himself the first Holy Roman Emperor because he had the balls to do so, and the manpower to silence anyone who disagreed with him.

You could've come to Charlemagne and said to his face "the """"""Byzantine"""""" is just a meme you Franks came up with to claim the title of the Emperor of Romans for yourselves", and he would simply off you, because he had both the legitimate bloodline to make the claim and the manpower to actually hold that claim for himself.

>largest empire
>third world shitholes nobody else wanted
Meanwhile Mongolia took all their clay by true military conquest and fought real enemies.

Sardinians

Us, of course.