Will it ever happen?

Will it ever happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afQNHCN70qs
youtube.com/watch?v=632kyLysP6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope. Valve does not know how to count to 3.

Bump with my dog, he's sad about Half-Life 3

not before you go after the a do

Besides the meme, I want to know why they cut their most popular series (at the time) for no reason.

when you're so rich, a meme worth nothing is worth it?

No. Let it go. Move on with your life.

Because the way Valve works is they only make games if they think they can add something special to the game. More mechanics and better performance. Nothing has developed as of yet for them to want to make an addition to the series.
Maybe once VR is all said and done, it will come out.

or maybe when they are a poop to go with that a where we baby kazzoo

That's why they won't release it now. Back when episode 1 and 2 were released they didn't add anything special. I just want to know what happened between him confidently saying they were working on episode 3 to sealed lips.

cuz counter strike changes every time.

They're working on 3 games right now, but I doubt any of them are HL related.

ITT: We don't want new content, we want sequels to beat themselves until they die, like Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, and Legend of Zelda

No I literally just want episode 3. Gabe said it was the last of the trilogy. I don't want "endless sequels" I want to see what happens. HL2E2 ending on a bitch of a cliffhanger.

*ended*

They will never release HL3 because of all the hype put onto it. No matter what they release, it will never live up to what the fans want and will ultimately fail.

I resent them so fucking much for fucking it up

Tehnically fans like you fucked it up.

1.6 to source was a full new engine, source to GO was new weapons/maps, workshop integration, comp/casual matchmaking system.

it will be in V.R

How so? I'm not a long-term fan, I only beat the games about a week ago. That's why I'm so butthurt.

They already confirmed it won't be in VR *if* they make it.

Because back when Ep 1/2 were being made they didn't have the finacial security they have now with steam and CSGO/DOTA constantly pumping money into them

I miss d0g :(

Yeah but I didn't expect them to fuck over HL fans like that. They're always talking about making the customer happy.

honestly episode 3 was garbage so fuck this series and fuck this IP

There was no episode 3 lol

Stop being butthurt then. The fans ruined any hope of a new game coming out because gamers are impossible to please, particularly PC gamers. They want the experience Half Life 2 gave them, but better. What they don't get, is nothing that gets put out will fill the void they feel. It'll be Mass Effect 3, but with a more autistic and opinionated fanbase. Even if a few people are okay with it, half of the consumers playing the game will be disappointed, and Valve will lose money over it.

i played it it was shit. why do you think they never released it?

Go away, troll

once upon a time in shaolin is garbage too, but whatever don't believe me.

Does anybody think there is a chance? I think it's obvious that since they won't talk about it now they don't currently have any plans for it, but might in the future.

I thought this was clever

youtube.com/watch?v=afQNHCN70qs

That's shit, this is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=632kyLysP6c

>Nope. Valve does not know how to count to 3.
This
still waiting for Left For Dead 3
Team Fortress 3
Half life 3
fearing it may never happen almost feels like knowing won't

It's not happening, I can't believe people still think it is. The games aren't even that great.

This. They probably keep teasing it because it keeps their fanboy's wallets all wet and loose.

test

It is happening, dont forget, hl1 changed the gaming industry forever. hl2 changed the gaming industry forever, hl3... yep will probably do the same i guess the average vidja game players arnt deemed ready for it yet.

testes

Duke-Nukem syndrome

It's going to suck

How exactly did it change the gaming industry?

Set the bar

Like I said, I don't care if it sucks I just want to see a conclusion.

Not really. You're just fanboying. Give me a real reason it changed anything about the gaming industry.

console fag detected

Nope. I play PC because consoles are expensive as fuck. What else would you like to be wrong about?

I think it will be once whoever is keeping it from happening (Gaben?) retires or stops giving a shit. That's when they'll probably start making mobile games as well with Steam integration and microtransactions. It's coming.

better not, can never live up to the hype. valve cant make games themselves though, just buys popular games, all their talent has left. so better not

You're straight

Its just like YLYL threads
No one will ever stop posting that damn banana

?

So you don't actually have any reason that the half life series did anything to change the gaming industry?

Your ignorance of how Half-Life promoted a gun-ho method of story-writing that proves to be effective in the gaming industry; really contradicts your point.

>inb4; clearly it IS effective if so many people like the title

that would only happen if steam wants to commit suicide.

I'm not the guy you're replying to but just fucking google it. Half Life was a big fucking deal. Revolutionized first-person shooters more than Doom did. Showing that stories could be told through these games other than just killing things and running around collection key cards. Half Life revolutionized AI, Roaches in Half Life scatter if you turn on the light and they will run up to meat to feed. Houndeyes have a pack leader while the other slept. I could go on, but I'm not like I said, google it.

It didn't change a thing about the industry though. It's just another game. I never said it was shit, or that no one should enjoy it. Just that it's not anything more or less special than any other game.

I think you mean Valve and Valve will stop giving a shit once Gaben is gone.

Sorry for my various mistakes and typos, it's pretty late where I am and I'm tired.

>cockroaches act like cockroaches and dogs act like dogs
Truly revolutionary.



Exactly. Thanks for making my point. Vortigaunts will run when injured and heal themselves. If they run into a room and see a bunch of dead vortigaunts, they will run away aswell.

So it wasn't actually revolutionary, but merely did what it was supposed to do? No one's judging you for liking it, but you're really grasping at straws here. You sound like a Zelda fanboy that got told OoT was a bad game.

>introducing The Purple Box
>features Portal 3, TF3, HL3, and L4D3
>because fuck you, we can count to 3.

Not even to mention Half Life 2. AI was absolutely astonishing in that game. Soldiers laying in wait for you, If you get their attention and hide behind a door with a shotgun, they'll just throw a grenade at you. They try to flank you and out maneuver you.

I wish this was an exaggeration. People are simultaneously easily impressed and impossible to please.

steam, a sub division of valve. but i know what you mean.

Half Life was in 1998. Did you not know that?

... and then you hold a soda-can in just the right spot and they won't shoot at you because they can't quite see you. I don't mean to be a dick, but it wasn't flawless.

dubs or half life 3 never happens

That's actually pretty neat. I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. But still, you're not going to find that kind of AI in a modern game. (minus some outliers here and there)

I don't see how or why that matters. I also never said it was a bad game. AI reacts to things and has programming beyond walking forward off of a cliff, and that makes it revolutionary, apparently.

Well Steam doesn't make games, Valve does. Steam is already on mobile, Valve just has to release a game and plug in to it.

>you're not gonna find this anywhere
>except for when you do

I'm talking about triple A titles lol. The outliers I'm talking about are usually from really passionate indie devs.

The AI in the game is actually nice. Spawn some Overwatch Soldiers and some rebels. Reduce the accuracy of the Rebels to the same level of the Combine, and place the NPCs in some sort of urban enviroment with multiple obstacles and routes. The Combine AI will almost always win under those circumstances. Soldiers act as a squad and have a squad leader, (usually one of the soldiers with an AR2) and will give orders to one another. They'll try to flank their target if it's behind cover and/or throw grenades. If a soldier needs to reload he'll retreat to the nearest obstacle and the members of his squad will advance. They'll also contact other squads/single units by radio. Their AI easily beats Call of Duty Modern Warfare AI, mainly because CoD AI is based around finding cover and staying there until the area is clear. And let's not talk about Battlefield 3 allied AI, which is non existant (I checked, and Allies are just scripted models from what I can tell, they fire but they don't actually hit anything).
The problem is, Rebels have more health and better accuracy than soldiers (they're supposed to aid the player, if they end up dying every second then they would be useless) so the Soldiers tend to die easily and early and they can't employ their tactics. They're also coded to die in one hit against Antlions (otherwise the Bugbait would be useless). The player also haves more armor and deals equal or more damage per second than an entire squad.

It's not a problem with ai. Problem is the player has no physical body, just a floating point at which coordinates is the camera and from which bullets fly out.

>this means it's good

When did I say that? I just said it doesn't have anything to do with AI

no, if u had 2 braincells u would know valve are lazy pieces of shit and are just leeching off microtransactions atm

Ah that's something I forgot. Covering fire! If a soldier is reloading another soldier will suppress you. It really is cool.

Why the heck did they end it with a strider?

Original half life, Giant baby monster -----> ep2 an enemy which you've killed a doezen times.

If you beat that on hard mode you know it's not that simple.

/thread

It was lame, not ez

Yeah I can't deny that. But the casserole reference though, lol.

I liked it because you know it's hard to normally beat a strider. Knowing that Isaac, Magnusson, and Eli is inventing things to help the rebels is cool, because it makes you think that we can defeat the combine, it gives you hope for the rebels knowing that you have great minds working around problems like the striders. The actual gameplay was bad, but I loved the thought.