I am traveling to germany for soccer tryouts for a team in the fifth league also known as oberliga...

I am traveling to germany for soccer tryouts for a team in the fifth league also known as oberliga. I am not allowed to say anything else. I was just wandering if anybody has any info or some helpful tips. The tryout should last one or two weeks. Everything is free, I only have to pay the transportation. I trained soccer since I was six years old, now I am eighteen, almost nineteen. For around the last two years I have been training at a soccer academy. Since I finished high school this year I have been training twice a day or more, now I am trying to pace myself because the tryouts are near so I train once a day. I can play on the right wing,an offensive midfielder and second striker. My weakness is my size which is just short of 170 cm. But I consider myself rather fast with good ball control. There is also the problem of me not having much game time in the last few months playing mostly the second half, 45 minutes or on some occasions even less because the other players that play my position are part of the croatian youth national team. My biggest strength would be that I work very hard. So based on this what are my chances? I can give more info if need be(Ps. I have a very basic understanding of the German language)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FUr4bu5Trt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump, can someone reply I feel sleepy

Isn't the fifth division pretty low? At the same time you're in Germany, a great soccer country. I've got to think even if you can't play there you'd do well in the Balkans or other places in Europe. The pay wouldn't be as good though

win one for da land

op here. I have to start somwhere. Plus the team I am going to just fell from the fourth league. they are second in the Oberliga. The pay would be 1000-1500 euros and a free apartment, not sure but maybe food too.So
I would be able to live from football/soccer. Plus BAlkan is shit for soccer. Can't play pro without big connections.

It seems pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=FUr4bu5Trt0
Fifth league isn't low in germany.Just look at this video and you will realize. There aren't that many fans in Croatias first league games,

Sounds pretty nice Op. It's pretty hard to give you tips, because I guess there is no one on this board who was in a similar situation.
Maybe you can try to improve your german, would probably help a lot.
I wish you luck dude.

I just spoke to Pep, signing for City on Monday

op here. Well guess so. I thought maybe someone knew something. Wel it's good enough to be wished luck like this. I might make another thread in a month or earliere when it's all finished to tell you how it worked out.

wut?

Good luck, as cheesy as it sounds you'll never know how far you can go unless you try; if you become a star remember me and send me some cheques

My local club FC Gütersloh plays in the Oberliga, nice
Good luck man

My goal for now is just to play.I will see what happens from there.I can only give it my all.

>FC Gütersloh
Can you tell me more about the league, I am going to leipzig but I would very much like to hear your oppinion on the league, like how much you train, where you gow to play and such.

Good luck lad, i blew out my chance once, do not blow yours

have fun playing Europa League next year

I learned that life is full of dissapointment, especialy in soccer, I had many already like favoritized players but I never gave up and I don't intend to start now. I hope you didn't give up after one failiure. You have to keep working. Use the failiure to increase your motivation even further. Think of James Vardy. Players like him are rare but they are possible if you don't give up improving yourself.

What's the salary? Should be higher than what you would have made in a normal job since you can't play football forever.

Learn to control the ball perfectly. When somebody passes to you and the ball arrives at your foot - doesn't matter at which speed- it should not bounce more than half a metre from your feet.

Literally the most important skill imo, train on it.

Free apartment and 1000-1500 euros.

I knew that already though thx for the tip,will remember.

>I learned that life is full of dissapointment, especialy in soccer, I had many already like favoritized players but I never gave up and I don't intend to start now. I hope you didn't give up after one failiure. You have to keep working. Use the failiure to increase your motivation even further. Think of James Vardy. Players like him are rare but they are possible if you don't give up improving yourself.

Leipzig is a nice city. The people there are also pretty passionate about football.

I sort of saw that on the youtube videos. I saw some ultras gang fights in an open field, Man I tell you that looked epic.

I had a friend who made it to the Regionalliga West (4th division) and it's apparently horrible for small guys.
He said Oberliga was much easier.
Good luck.

...Not really.

Being a professional footballer is a huge benefit in itself and something that stays for the rest of your life not just as a life experience but in how people and especially women view you. it's something that will set you apart for the rest of your life in both personal and professional field. And there's still time to do normal jobs for thirty something years. Literally no one says to themselves "so glad I never pursued my dreams as a professional footballer, this 10 grand more I made as a carpenter is so much better".

desu you sound pretty autistic

Vote right-wing if you get the opportunity.

Not very encouraging about the fourth league but I think I have the predespositions for a good midfielder. All you need to do is play one-two touch football and anyone can be world class. As long as you stick to the principles or so my coach once said.

Vote? you mean play?