Sup Forums, just got put on Zoloft for anxiety and depression...

Sup Forums, just got put on Zoloft for anxiety and depression. Looking for some albums to complement the adjustment to the medication with trying to write med school exams. Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIlnEj7W4L8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2YO-sU2FA
youtube.com/watch?v=cWHrnMgE4L4
youtu.be/6Rnv-RXJHxE
youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQOhnfdmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WavKots-bK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=qIlnEj7W4L8

/thread

RIP OP

>falling for the big pharma jew
lmao enjoy becoming a zombie and getting addicted to the pills

GIVE ME THAT Z

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2YO-sU2FA

I know that feel OP
The side effects suck the first few weeks
Hope they work for you

thank you

This song got me through hard times with medication

youtube.com/watch?v=cWHrnMgE4L4

Some people have to survive you know?
I took Zoloft for years and it sucks, but it was necessary.

This helped me OP when I was on Zoloft.
Best of luck friend, it will be difficult but you can get through this!

youtu.be/6Rnv-RXJHxE

I want to go back on it, I really can't face reality right now

youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQOhnfdmQ

You are going to become a junkie, is that what you wanted? Grow some fucking balls.

You're fucked. Likely gonna have headaches for the first few weeks. Hope pic related can help.

youtube.com/watch?v=WavKots-bK0

Zoloft sucks. I was on it for three years and it made me a fucking zombie. It didn't help with depression either, I just felt empty and emotionless.

You don't need those pills, user. Get off of them before you become addicted because the withdrawals from those things are insane.

If you miss even one dose your life will hell and you will want to kill yourself

Yep

Is it really that bad? I've been on Prozac for months and haven't had that bad of symptoms, aside from migraines the first month.

anyone here on effexor?
i've been on it for about 3 years now (220mgs) and even attempting to taper off makes me manic as sin and of course the headaches/brain zaps/cold sweats go without saying

what a nasty class of drugs, antidepressants. wouldn't wish dependency of them on my worst enemy. just focus on bettering things like your physical health and your social support group, you don't need friggin pills.

You all remind me of pic related

1. eat well
2. exercise often
3. drink plenty of water
3. have a healthy social life
4. stop drinking/smoking/doing drugs

then i dare you to tell me you're depressed

Tool.

>it's almost as if individuals have differing ways of coping with their anxieties and depression! huh, what a thought!

Of course! Do all these things depression cripples you from doing! Why didn't I think of that before?!

You're a fucking idiot.

you're just a lazy cunt who blames "depression" for being a lazy cunt
also
>depression prevents you from drinking water
hmm really makes me think

Sounds like you're on the right track. Well done. Maybe you'll get the surprise schizoaffective diagnosis a little later in your 20s.

Thanks for assuming some shit about me. I'm bipolar asshole. Try telling me "having a healthy social life" will stop me from having a great day to hanging myself with a rope I found in my garage and then spending a 2 weeks in a local mental ward. You're still fucking retarded.

depression doesn't cripple your ability to do those things, you just think it does. believe me, i've been there, and i know how difficult it is, but all depression is is a network of behavioral/emotional patterns, and you CAN break them despite what your local psychiatrist tells you. embrace the discomfort of forcing yourself to do the shit i listed here instead of trying to be safe and cozy all the time until you don't have to force yourself anymore and it becomes second nature; you can't grow otherwise you actual fucking idiot.

just hang yourself you redditor lmao

Well actually it does, depression dulls the senses including taste. People with depression will tend to want to drink sweeter or stronger tasting things such as coffee or coke. It doesn't stop you from drinking water but it does make it less palatable.

YES I CTR+F THIS SHIT AND MU DIDN'T FAIL THANK YOU LORD JESUS

Here comes the second mongoloid. Because chemical imbalances totally don't happen. :)

he didn't say he was planning on killing himself

>People with depression will tend to want to drink sweeter or stronger tasting things such as coffee or coke

this harks back to what i was saying here about how depression is a network of patterns. what makes you think your brain and body won't reward you eventually if you put down the can of coke and instead drink a tall glass of water? or eat an apple instead of a box of oreos?

you deserve to be depressed if you won't even try to change your paradigm around honestly

Yeah I've been on Prozac for a bit over a year now and I really can't complain much. The first few months were the absolute best I've ever felt since like childhood. Only side effect I've had was sweating at night but that doesn't even happen that much anymore.

Can you overdose on antidepressants? I know Nick Drake did, but that was in the 70s so I imagine the drugs and dosages have changed. I'm being sent to therapy by my parents in a few weeks, and if the psychiatrist prescribes that stuff I want to know. I honestly just want to die, but am too much of a worthless pussy faggot for other shit. Give me an easy overdose.

Nah
You've never been depressed. Honestly.

I took about 40 prozac when I was a dumb teen and chickened out and ended up calling my brother afterwards. had a super hazy trip and spent the night vomiting and fitting.
would probably have died if I had stuck it out though.

don't act like you understand neurochemistry just because you read some trash of pol

did i not say here that i've been on effexor for the past 3 years? my biggest mistake was getting on these godforsaken pills because everyone around me told me i had something fundamentally wrong with my brain that i would have to deal with (read: be complacent with) for the rest of my life, and it was only until i got fed up (read: grew up) and decided to completely rework my living habits. slowly, of course. you can't change your life overnight. change one little thing everyday until it grows and grows. YOU are in control. fuck this stupid new age attitude of complacency.

That's it dude. You're woke. You don't need pills. You just need to grow up. :)

yeah, imagine that, things won't change until you make a change, ergo, *growing as a person*

embrace the discomfort of doing something different for a change. look discomfort in the face, say "fuck you," and then dance with it.

You'll probably just destroy your liver but survive. Be on dialysis for years until you get a donor and have far more to be depressed about.

Cat nigger is right lads

Look man, I'm giving you a hard time because while you're right about making the changes, you can't just assume some shit about people that they haven't tried. Not everyone is the fucking same.

"LOL, just stop being sad bro!"

>depression is the same as sadness

idiot

yea maybe on the surface that's exactly what i'm saying, but why not sit down with yourself and think about what it even means to "stop being sad"? get in touch with your own intuition and find some inkling of self-worth that way; a tiny little spark. then consider everything i've said in this thread.

i'm speaking purely from experience because i've been in this mentality zone before and it's total fucking delusion, a pattern of self-convinced bullshit.

Truly you are enlightened :^)

>Truly you are enlightened :^) *eats like shit, doesn't exercise, doesn't take care of self whatsoever, probably drinks/smokes/looks to drugs to feel better* wtf why do i have mental health problems this doesn't make any sense for i am Invincible Millennial

Totally. Because anecdotal evidence beats statistics and a whole field of medical science.

You just have it all figured out. What an honor you graced this thread with your presence. :^)

depression is addiction to comfort.

Tell us more, user.

Give me proof that isn't limited to personal experience, professor.

cute kitty

only if you promise to drop the passive-aggressive front because it's very reddit-y and dishonest

unfortunately we live in a different age and scientists are pressured more than ever to push whatever you seem to believe so my closing advice would be to scare the shit out of yourself and tell me how depressed you are afterwards. take a cold shower. cold showers saved me.

>it's very reddit-y
Sorry, I didn't mean to remind you of home.

I've had all of the things you checked off for years and my depression has only worsened.
Maybe it worked for you but you're just being conceited if you think that you have the end all solution for everyone because of that. People are different and things may be less effective for others than they are for you, and some things may be harder to do for others than they are for you. That's something dealing with depression for so long should have taught you.
I understand your point, people shouldnt just give up and not try, but it's not just "new age complacency". When you disagree with science and medicine because of your own anecdotal evidence you are just ignorant

projection is an ugly and ill-fitting suit

Well if the suit fits user, you should wear it.

>and my depression has only worsened

then you didn't try hard enough. that's the cold, bitter truth.

another soul lost to big pharma

no thanks i'm not loaded with cognitive dissonance unlike yourself so i'm good

I'm with you in a way, but having a healthy social life doesn't belong on there. It'll help prevent depression, for sure, but it's not like it's a practical step like the rest of those.

okay i'll give you that, but it can help!

the word of the day is "foundation," boys and girls.

Wow user, you are so much better than everyone! Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

>tfw depression
>tfw 28 and no friends
>no gf ever
>live all alone
>only social interaction is at work
>Feel like complete trash
>Everyone I know seems to have their life together at 28 and I'm just a fuckup.

Feels fucking terrible

So with literally no other background information other than "this worked for me" you are okay with discounting every other persons experience in the world? You aren't even being logical anymore
The cold truth is that the situation can be complex and you only think you have things figured out. If you don't understand that other people are different than you, then you're advice means very little beyond the surface on a subject that is inextricably personal

Just humor him. He obviously has special needs, and probably needs the ego boost.

I think that the most important thing to get out from depression is to don't belive that is a big problem. At the end is a temporary thing, a period, and if u want u can pass this period. With maybe the help of a doctor, but also with the help of your friends. Let the people help u without closing in yourself and isolating from the others. Specially the ones who love u.

all you're doing is projecting vain imagings so you can avoid responsibility for yourself. you're the one hurting here bud.

i don't know what you want to be told here. you didn't try hard enough, i promise you it's really that simple. you went to war with sticks instead of swords, your foundation sucked/sucks. i don't think i'm better or worse than anybody, incidentally.

the irony is that ego is exactly what you have to let go of to beat or at least fight depression

agree
Some people are legit imbalanced though and SSRIs can really help some of them, have seen them work their voodoo on some people, but I think the people who actually need them are way rarer than the prescription numbers would suggest.
I think you kind of have to trick your body into thinking you're using it to survive, so many depression symptoms seem to be tied to not moving around enough, like you can't help but feel like you aren't accomplishing things or that you're procrastinating all the time and are worthless when we're built to run long distances and go gather shit and stuff to survive and all you do is screen hop and etc.

>those retards have been arguing for 2 hours straight
lmao

>Some people are legit imbalanced though and SSRIs can really help some of them, have seen them work their voodoo on some people, but I think the people who actually need them are way rarer than the prescription numbers would suggest.
i'm with you there too.
you can 'trick' your brain to believe and apply anything. it's almost like a muscle. you can train it, ya know?

>I think that the most important thing to get out from depression is to don't belive that is a big problem
this this this this this
this is so fucking important it's not even funny

Doomietreskit

>the irony is that ego is exactly what you have to let go of to beat or at least fight depression

This,

I'm happy that is right. Because my friend is having problems with depression and I want to know if I'm doing the right things. I should always try to stay with her and try to make her harry right? Saying that is a resolvable thing and not a permanent problem, trying to convince her to go out. Is it the right think to do? Or should I leave her alone like she says sometimes ?

lend her ideas and never be overbearing. at the same time though, she undoubtedly feels very alone so don't ditch her. at least with me, empathy is greatly appreciated when depressed.

i fucking hated zoloft
i hope it goes well for you

not kidding, acid helped me

christ

see

OK thanks. I'll never ditch her. I'll stay with her trying to solve her past problems. I always try to reassure her...

i'm not depressed any more, but you never have been

Listen to Zoloft Evra but not really

try reading through the thread you nematode

I also knew that, since she tried suicide, some fake friends abandoned her. So I'll stay with her

4 (aka the second 3) and 5 are literally mutually exclusive as far as I know

Im on lexapro, suboxone, klonopin, gabapentjn, and o drink and smoke weed and cig. Good luck bro

If you're seriously crippled by depression/ social anxiety and you've never done it before you should try MD just once desu

Not suggesting it's a miracle cure, but it can certainly have a profound & permanent effect on the way you see life

you misunderstand how many people there are in the world.

i did you've never been depressed

i would argue that you were never depressed yourself if you see anything wrong with my advice itt

>T. Guy who kicked his high school """"""""""depression"""""""""" through distraction and rationalization, really only resolving what was inherently a self-esteem issue
I can imagine you never suffered any actual chemical imbalances or traumatic life events so yeah I guess your little ecotourism thinkpiece has merits for that portion of society that also pretends to have had depression because they too craved simple acceptance and found it. Depression isn't just some melancholic state of being you flaming retard and if the solution was that easy then you'd think the state of things would look a bit different, no?

>the point at which the troll pretends to stop understanding the debate entirely
Classic

Death by pills is maybe one of the slowest and most painful. Go with helium of you can, just make sure the cans don't have small bits of oxygen

because you've never been depressed

>pills and lifestyle changes are mutually exclusive and you can only do one or the other
How explicitly are you trying to illustrate your retardation here?